The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

8 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

dont have that one. Maybe its for people who had PS Now back in the day? i did get the wireless keyboard awhile ago however despite never using one lol

Maybe! Because I used PSNow way back off and on until the new Plus came along. 

I got the keyboard as well. I have used it.

Despite owning and using several PS3s. Never got the PS3 one. 

11 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

Maybe! Because I used PSNow way back off and on until the new Plus came along. 

I got the keyboard as well. I have used it.

Despite owning and using several PS3s. Never got the PS3 one. 

yeah i don't have the ps3 one either.

However it took me like 5 months AFTER intial release to get the Horizon one to pop up lol.

my current case:

Screenshot_20231003_214508_PS_App.jpg?ex

• Like 1

Anyone know if buying a physical copy of a game will trigger a reward? Example: "October Monthly Picks"... if I buy a physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 and install it, will it count as a purchase and trigger the bonus points? Or does it have to be a digital purchase?

5 minutes ago, Smiddster3 said:

Anyone know if buying a physical copy of a game will trigger a reward? Example: "October Monthly Picks"... if I buy a physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 and install it, will it count as a purchase and trigger the bonus points? Or does it have to be a digital purchase?

Digital only

43 minutes ago, Smiddster3 said:

That is such BS! Thanks Sony!

Why is that BS?

How would they be able to track your purchase if you bought it physically?

We all have to remember that the only reason that Playstation Stars even exists is to bring more traffic to the Playstation Store.

At least the other collectibles/rewards can be obtained with physical games, right?

• Like 1

Is the “Sea of Stars” campaign still active. I initiated the one that says ps5 only instead of the one I saw that said both. I’m going to play the game anyway, but I would hate to start it now and leave it incomplete on my profile for a bugged campaign.

*Also has anybody had luck with support if you met the requirements for the campaign(during the allotted time) didn’t get the collectible, and the campaign expired? I’ve seen Reddit posts indicating mixed answers.

Edited by VoidVictorious

11 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Is the “Sea of Stars” campaign still active. I initiated the one that says ps5 only instead of the one I saw that said both. I’m going to play the game anyway, but I would hate to start it now and leave it incomplete on my profile for a bugged campaign.

You have until october 31 to get the reward. I completed it a week ago without any issues or bugs and it only takes about 3-4 hours to get the story trophies required.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

You have until october 31 to get the reward. I completed it a week ago without any issues or bugs and it only takes about 3-4 hours to get the story trophies required.

Thanks! Do you or others know about the other issue in my post?

19 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

*Also has anybody had luck with support if you met the requirements for the campaign(during the allotted time) didn’t get the collectible, and the campaign expired? I’ve seen Reddit posts indicating mixed answers.

Edited by VoidVictorious

12 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Did you do anything to cause it like starting the campaign after you earned the trophies?

I started the game as soon as it came out and the campaign didn't start until 2 days later but still counted one of the trophies. It's been ages now but you should be okay by doing it now.

17 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Did you do anything to cause it like starting the campaign after you earned the trophies?

The campaign is automatic so you didn’t need to sign up for it, it was simply due to the fact the campaign came out 2 days after the game which seemed to not take into account any trophies earned before that.

Just now, LucilleRosethorn said:

The campaign is automatic so you didn’t need to sign up for it, it was simply due to the fact the campaign came out 2 days after the game which seemed to not take into account any trophies earned before that.

I really hope they fix this program. I don’t want to complain too much, because I am getting money back even if it is small, but their implementation of the collectibles is horrible. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LucilleRosethorn said:

idk, I think I waited to play the game a few days and it didn’t unlock for me either.

but it sucks I really wanted that one since it’s the best looking one I’ve seen. Can’t be bothered with their useless support. 

how hard is it to have a “experiencing issues? scan your trophy list” button? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

idk, I think I waited to play the game a few days and it didn’t unlock for me either.

but it sucks I really wanted that one since it’s the best looking one I’ve seen. Can’t be bothered with their useless support. 

how hard is it to have a “experiencing issues? scan your trophy list” button? 

The only way for us to get it would be the other console version, for me the PS4 trophy list but it's not worth it. Honestly is the nicest one yet we got robbed, it's annoying but oh well.

On 10/5/2023 at 1:36 PM, Toxik_Angel187 said:

Why is that BS?

How would they be able to track your purchase if you bought it physically?

We all have to remember that the only reason that Playstation Stars even exists is to bring more traffic to the Playstation Store.

At least the other collectibles/rewards can be obtained with physical games, right?

By the simple fact that you played it at some point. Physical games still carry a license that registers to Sony's servers. In a lot of cases discs these days are just keys to prove you own this digital game you installed on your console. 

The issue with the monthly purchases is that it's telling you to buy one of these games, full price, right now. It doesn't honor the fact that you might have it previously and PSN registers the fact that it's a license you own on your profile. But I get it...that's not one designed for someone like me who refuses to pay full price for games, it's meant for the casual user who thinks they're getting some kind of benefit for over paying in the moment. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Viper said:

By the simple fact that you played it at some point. Physical games still carry a license that registers to Sony's servers. In a lot of cases discs these days are just keys to prove you own this digital game you installed on your console. 

All that proves is that you had access to the disc for a few minutes.

Could have been a used copy, could have been borrowed, or even "borrowed". Sidenote, it doesn't even count if you already bought the game before digitally and just now play it, only a sale during the promotion period counts (I tried that once). Which is completely normal, that is how bonus campaigns have always worked, even in physical stores. Just do the campaigns you can do, that is still 100 points for just firing up one of the Essential and one of the Extra games.

No idea where you got the idea physical games somehow register to Sony's servers. They don't. Only thing they register to is your console. That is why you can buy a used copy and play it no issue, no matter how many people previously owned and played it. And, more importantly, why you can play them offline.

Edited by shadaik
  • Like 1