Trophy thoughts? Looks grindy!

McCullyCullen

3 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I remember the time when I had to play 25 hours in a party for the Platinum for Rogue Company. It was a horrible experience that I don't want to relive. 500 Matches in a Party? No way. I'll play this game just for fun.

Yeah, the fact that they all have to be in a party is the killer. 

I think the trophies are fine for the type of game it is. Certainly better than a bunch of character specific trophies. They'll take a while but you'll get them all just by playing.

9 hours ago, MrPhrips said:

It's clear that the task of creating trophies was given to someone who doesn't care, or very little time went into it. The icons are bland and boring, trophy names are a bit dull, all in contrast to a game with very unique characters and a colossal library of IP to pick from.

Trophies I expected to see:

World's Greatest: Defeat Batman while playing as Superman without being knocked out.

Saturday Morning: Win first place in a match with only cartoon characters (Bugs, Taz, Shagy, Tom/Jerry)

Ain't I A Stinker: Throw a pie in everyone's face as Bugs Bunny

Supermen: Win a team match using Superman and Iron Giant

I would have gotten away with it: Win a team match using Shaggy and Velma

You Stay, I Go: Get knocked out 50 times while playing as Iron Giant

What we got

Get 30 knock outs, 50 knock outs, 100 knock outs.

Play 100 games in a party, play 500 games in a party.

I'm not saying the trophies we got are terrible. They're expected for a game that is free to play they want people to keep coming back and playing. I'm fine with a free game having grindy trophies and "do Y 100 times" style trophies. But there's zero creativity for a game that should be nothing but creative.

Developers know that trophies help sell games. The stats have been there for decades now and show that they increase sales. I don't want throwaway plats for games as they're just handouts, but at least make them fun and line up with your game. Cookie cutter bland trophies can take the steam and excitement out of a game, especially for peopel like us on a trophy hunting website.

As is often the case, going on two decades later and too many devs don't get that trophies/achievements DO matter. Smh

• Like 2

Why do I see multiple posts saying this is a free to play game? I had the game in my wishlist since hearing about it, get the notification on PlayStation app that it was available now. I’m all happy to go download it to try it out since I never played the beta, only to find out it’s $40. That’s not free to play to me.

19 minutes ago, rockhopper78 said:

Why do I see multiple posts saying this is a free to play game? I had the game in my wishlist since hearing about it, get the notification on PlayStation app that it was available now. I’m all happy to go download it to try it out since I never played the beta, only to find out it’s $40. That’s not free to play to me.

The game is free to play. You have to follow the steps to unlock the Beta. Make a WB games account, connect it to Twitch. Watch a streamer on Twitch playing MultiVersus with their drops enabled. After an hour you should receive a code. Then go to PSN and redeem the code. I did that last afternoon and got in the game for free. 

10 hours ago, MrPhrips said:

It's clear that the task of creating trophies was given to someone who doesn't care, or very little time went into it. The icons are bland and boring, trophy names are a bit dull, all in contrast to a game with very unique characters and a colossal library of IP to pick from.

World's Greatest: Defeat Batman while playing as Superman without being knocked out.

Saturday Morning: Win first place in a match with only cartoon characters (Bugs, Taz, Shagy, Tom/Jerry)

What we got

I'm not saying the trophies we got are terrible. They're expected for a game that is free to play they want people to keep coming back and playing. I'm fine with a free game having grindy trophies and "do Y 100 times" style trophies. But there's zero creativity for a game that should be nothing but creative.

Developers know that trophies help sell games. The stats have been there for decades now and show that they increase sales. I don't want throwaway plats for games as they're just handouts, but at least make them fun and line up with your game. Cookie cutter bland trophies can take the steam and excitement out of a game, especially for peopel like us on a trophy hunting website.

I wish you could have created the trophies. Some great ideas! Injustice 2 has better creative trophies than this game!

• Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 1:46 PM, MrPhrips said:

What we got

Only problem is that we're getting more than the current roster, and they're likely to not add more trophies as they add characters. While your list is fun, it only takes the base roster into account. 

I'm a bit disappointed with the trophy icons; even Nickelodeon has cute character images (and admittedly that was the main reason why I wanted to even play the game in the first place). I was really hoping for some Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry icons at least. I am not sure if I'll play this or not as I am definitely not a Smash player and don't generally play these games but I am intrigued with the characters. Trophies sound grindy but in this case I wouldn't really be playing for them. If I can play against bots I'm definitely more interested so I'm not constantly having my ass handed to me. 

The Platinum took me around 15 hr's to obtain with self-boosting and partner boosting. Super easy and I'd say the difficulty is easily a 1/10 if your doing it the boosting method. If you guy's need any help with trophies feel free to quote me or message me on here. Good luck everyone! ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Enzo_0684 said:

The Platinum took me around 15 hr's to obtain with self-boosting and partner boosting. Super easy and I'd say the difficulty is easily a 1/10 if your doing it the boosting method. If you guy's need any help with trophies feel free to quote me or message me on here. Good luck everyone! 1f60e.png

Fast way to play the 500 rounds with partner?

Edited by JhOnNY_HD

3 hours ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Fast way to play the 500 rounds with partner?

Fastest way that I know is to go into online, pick Co-Op vs AI as your mode and lock in whatever character's you want (Preferably fast moving ones) and then run off the ledge together with your partner. By doing this you'll end the match in second's. Make sure to always rematch as well as this will count as another match. Keep doing this over and over until the trophy pops. However make sure not to do a custom match since party's don't form in those. If you need the 300 win's trophy as well you can get win's while going for this, and once the trophy pop's go back to losing. Good luck

Edited by Enzo_0684
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo_0684 said:

Fastest way that I know is to go into online, pick Co-Op vs AI as your mode and lock in whatever character's you want (Preferably fast moving ones) and then run off the ledge together with your partner. By doing this you'll end the match in second's. Make sure to always rematch as well as this will count as another match. Keep doing this over and over until the trophy pops. However make sure not to do a custom match since party's don't form in those. If you need the 300 win's trophy as well you can get win's while going for this, and once the trophy pop's go back to losing. Good luck

Thanks for the advice

After playing it for a few hours, this is a really simple list. A 3/10 in difficulty with an estimated time between 40-60 hrs. The game's a blast, so don't sleep on it.

Edit: Just to be clear this is playing the game normally online and using the bots to grind out some of the misc trophies. You can definitely plat it much faster with boosting, but why even bother playing the game at that point.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

34 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

After playing it for a few hours, this is a really simple list. A 3/10 in difficulty with an estimated time between 40-60 hrs. The game's a blast, so don't sleep on it.

Edit: Just to be clear this is playing the game normally online and using the bots to grind out some of the misc trophies. You can definitely plat it much faster with boosting, but why even bother playing the game at that point.

Yeah I would recommend people actually play the game and enjoy it first. The online is lots of fun and seeing people use different strategies helps to make you a better player. I'm actually a bit disappointed that people can earn trophies against bots as it kinda defeats the purpose of playing this game in the first place. I would recommend playing the game as it was meant to be first, then after logging a significant time playing the game, you can resort to bots.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:42 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Looks really easy all things considered unless I'm missing something (maybe double ring outs are annoying?). I don't even think it will take that long. Probably like 40-60ish hrs depending on skill (games usually end in under 5 min). If boosting is possible, then it would probably be a 20 hr plat.

I love smash-like games, so I'll definitely go for it.

ye ur right double ringouts can be hella annoying sometimes if you boost it it's way easier but naturally they're kinda hard to get. the rest is pretty easy to get just time consuming, boosting or not.

15 hours ago, Enzo_0684 said:

The Platinum took me around 15 hr's to obtain with self-boosting and partner boosting. Super easy and I'd say the difficulty is easily a 1/10 if your doing it the boosting method. If you guy's need any help with trophies feel free to quote me or message me on here. Good luck everyone! ?

Can it be boosted with just another player? Or do we need multiple players? Sorry I didn't see much from the game yet. 

Edited by fresquinho

Just to be clear, is there any trophy that can't be done with just bots and myself? I do intend to play the game normally with friends at first, but when it comes time to clean up I'd rather not rely on people's cooperation.

I have a second controller in case that's necessary to set up a party or whatever.

Edited by Umdytr

5 hours ago, MiHighGator said:

Down + Attack to ring out an opponent at the bottom of the screen. 

The Spike trophies are so annoying. Im self boosting them, but I don’t know what Spikes count and what doesn’t. Most of my Spikes see the bots bounce around and get ring out anywhere else except the bottom of the screen.