Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it about 15 times two days ago, and got within an inch of the final stairs before messing it up by thinking I was home free.

By then I was getting a little annoyed with it, so I went on with the story and completed the game with all collectibles.
Then went back for this trophy and managed it after about another 15 to 20 attemps.

I would say I'm an above-average gamer, not a great one. And I don't think I got the winning strategy either. Probably, I just got lucky on the two hardest parts, which - for me - were the narrow alley just before the fence and the part right after the fence where you get swarmed. At that point you have to decide to go either left or right. While the right side seems a bit trickier to get to, I do feel it offers the easier route from there.

Try to stay relaxed and draw on your experience.

I've had a few tricky trophies blocking a platinum before and overcame most of them. I'm sure the same is true for many people here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was painful. Took me a good 30ish mins in a couple of sittings to do.

Can suggest slowing down for the group in the narrow alley on the small stairs before the chainlink fence section, otherwise hug walls and move diagonally when running through a crowd. Feel like I got very lucky in the last section randomly zig zagging through the middle

Call me a sadist bit I quite enjoyed the challenge of this, especially since now I have this trophy done I’m assuming there are no other real challenging moments in the entire game?

It took me about 45 mins of constantly trying, mind you, that’s with constantly quick restarting checkpoint so not sure exactly how many tries, but a LOT!

The method that worked for me was going the opposite way to wherever those sucker things were on the screen, so hugging the opposite wall for example, then when they started building up or were airbourne I zig zagged like crazy. I’m sure most have tried this already though and a lot of it I’d down to luck.

I will say, when you make it through the really tight alley to that large opening loads of them swarm, I ran in the OPPOSITE direction. The video I was following showed him doing a tight left and running into them that NEVER worked for me.

ANYWAY, good luck!

Edited by Jimmy947

• 3 weeks later...

Wow honestly thought this was going to be so bad, esp after reading everyone's replies. Was expecting to be stuck on this for at least a couple hours, but I got managed to get it in 10 mins! 

Spent the first few attempts to just learn the routes and zurk paths, then I just zig-zagged and let anxiety and nerves take me all the way. I didn't purposely avoid obstacles, I'd crash into crates (the stacked ones that fall over) cause sometimes its best path to avoid on-coming Zurks. Crashing them didn't slow me down. Didn't manage to wall-hug cause not being able to see the cat made me even more anxious, so I mostly zig-zagged in panic on those tight corners.

TLDR: zig zag, crash into stuff if you have to, panic(?). Last one worked especially well for me ?

• 1 month later...

It is RNG based in how the Zurks fall and where exactly they land which can make the deciding millimetres on whether they make contact but I've just now done it on my account and for my gf and I've learnt that if you're generally just zig-zagging it's not a sure thing, that works for the areas in wider openings of the alleys but for the narrow ones you need to hook your swing into a question mark shape (?) around the clumped up group - they don't seem to be able to land on you as well if you're in mid-animation of a long swing so it needs to be a real C-shape swoosh of hooking the cat around after coming in on the narrower side of the cluster, basically juking them. It of course takes quite a few attempts but the more you try the better you get at it.

This thread seems like therapy... and I feel I needed some at the moment lol.

My current regret is allowing the first game trophy to pop; I was hoping on having a chill game and trophy hunt, but instead I'm dealing with a infuriating RNG based trophy. I think I would rather try beating Malenia or Gna again... both of those trophies were "easier" and more fun compared to this one. At least with those I could "git gud". With this one, I simply have to run and zig-zag around like a fool until the game decides I've done it enough. I've spent around 45 minutes in total so far and haven't gotten it, so will step away for a while.

The trophy should have been letting Zurks eat the cat to death instead, I think many of us would have preferred.

Edited by Beebatron
  • Like 1

On 22/07/2022 at 1:44 PM, SzzMN said:

You haven’t even played the game LOL. You can do the whole game and explore everything in about 6-7 hours people paid for this through their subscription they can enjoy it however they want too and tbh I could say the same about you which your POWGI games etc it’s simply about raising your number on a web page 1f602.png

Bit of a late reply, since I forgot about you within a few minutes and have only just rediscovered this thread, but my playing a few POWGI games has nothing to do with my leaderboard position.  I don't give a shit about my position.  Never have, never will.

Also, who says I have never played Stray?  You HAVE heard of alt accounts before, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I KNOW what you mean ; this has to be the WORST. TROPHY. EVER. 

Took me almost 2 hours to get it done. Those Zurks where a pain in the a$$ 

Here’s the path I took. 

Good luck ??

Edited by YnnMth

After reading through this thread, I can't believe Stray was voted as the easiest non-shovelware Platinum on PS5Trophies' YouTube channel. I skipped over this trophy during my first playthrough as I didn't want to chance ruining my experience. Not looking forward to attempting it later...

I wasn't expecting this trophy to be that bad because the rarity isn't that low. I tried probably for 45 minutes before getting too frustrated so I gave up. After few hours I tried this again and got the trophy on my second try. Don't really understand what I did differently than before but I take it. Kind of shame that there is this one trophy that's giving hard time on other relatively easy trophy list. But to be honest, this isn't nowhere near worst trophy ever. It just feels odd with rest of the trophy list.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took me about 15 tries. Sometimes those Zurks would jump across the screen like a homing missle and other times I could run right past them. The two areas that gave me the most grief were the stairs. I overemphasized the zig zag in that part and was able to get it. There’s definitely some RNG but it’s not too bad.