DualSense Edge Controller announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Blah blah blah it has features blah blah price is justified blah blah. We've had this discussion several times before and it's no different now. You think the world is justified in the way it screws its customers because it's business 101...and I think business 101 is a crockpot, shady, scummy ass excuse TO screw people. Prices don't need to be as high as they are...it's just that simple. We don't need to pick up these bats to beat this dead horse again. 

The amount of pent up aggression in this post when I asked a genuine question and then you wonder why EVERYONE always thinks you're being over the top. 

You have no reasons on your line of thinking, 'just because'. Fair enough, that's all you had to say. Moving on

Just now, The Alchemist said:

The amount of pent up aggression in this post when I asked a genuine question and then you wonder why EVERYONE always thinks you're being over the top. 

You have no reasons on your line of thinking, 'just because'. Fair enough, that's all you had to say. Moving on

Oi, yep once again it's MY fault because of how YOU decided to read my comment, of course. There was no aggression there...we've just been HERE before. Why do we need to have this conversation again? It's like every few months this subject comes up and we argue about it until we go in circles but we both have to get the last word in. You know my take on this subject already (which you know good and well isn't "just because", don't be petty), why do I need to reiterate it? So that a bunch of other people on this forum can jump in on your side or mine and we start a useless forum wide argument? No thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Oi, yep once again it's MY fault because of how YOU decided to read my comment, of course. There was no aggression there...we've just been HERE before. Why do we need to have this conversation again? It's like every few months this subject comes up and we argue about it until we go in circles but we both have to get the last word in. You know my take on this subject already (which you know good and well isn't "just because", don't be petty), why do I need to reiterate it? So that a bunch of other people on this forum can jump in on your side or mine and we start a useless forum wide argument? No thanks. 

Well... how else am I supposed to read a comment like that? I know it's difficult to gauge emotions through text, but the intent behind your post was clear. It isn't just me who 'reads' some of your posts in that way either, it's been brought up plenty of times in the past. Everyone can't be wrong... I'm not offended or anything, and I'm not having a go at you, I just think it's a bit strange how you always seem to jump straight on the defensive whenever anyone questions your posts.

You made a post, I asked a question in response to it. You can either back up what you wrote and explain your reasoning/opinion on the matter (that's generally what forums like this are for, sharing and discussing different opinions and takes on a specific topic), or you can choose to ignore any responses and move on. You did neither. You didn't give any reasons on why you think the DualSense is overpriced, in this thread or in the past when we last discussed it, so no, I don't know your take on it at all. The most I can gather from your posts on the matter is something along the lines of 'corporation bad, make everything cheaper'. That doesn't give me any specific reasons on why you think the DualSense is overpriced. At least I drew some comparables and made a counter point. So yeah... guess this is another dead horse unless you choose to elaborate further on the matter in the future. 

44 minutes ago, turniplord said:

To those complaining about the price - this controller clearly isn't aimed at you, just stick to your standard DualSense controller. This is clearly aimed at those who play games for a living and compete in eSports, thanks to the trigger resistance slider, rear buttons and adjustable dead zones.

Also, I see some people are saying the Xbox controller has more features and is cheaper - what additional features does the Xbox controller have? The DS has all the extra features Xbox does, such as haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, a microphone, a speaker, motion controls, etc...

Here you go:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller-series-2

Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

$179.00 ERP*

What's Included:

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Thumbstick – adjustment tool

Charging dock + USB-C cable

Set of 4 paddles: medium (2), mini (2)

Additional thumbsticks: classic (2), dome (1), tall (1)

Additional D-pad: standard

Carrying case

More customizable for less money. 

And it even comes with a charging dock.

Well, I kind of wanted one of these just for fun. I'm not a competitive player so I don't actually need one.

But uhh... $200 USD is equal to $275 Canadian at current rates... with tax that is $311. That is more than half of what I paid for my digital PS5 ($565).

I'll buy one of these if the price is around $200 Canadian, and if it comes in different colours. I don't want one that looks almost the same as the launch controller.

Edited by peffsi
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Well... how else am I supposed to read a comment like that? I know it's difficult to gauge emotions through text, but the intent behind your post was clear. It isn't just me who 'reads' some of your posts in that way either, it's been brought up plenty of times in the past. Everyone can't be wrong... I'm not offended or anything, and I'm not having a go at you, I just think it's a bit strange how you always seem to jump straight on the defensive whenever anyone questions your posts.

You made a post, I asked a question in response to it. You can either back up what you wrote and explain your reasoning/opinion on the matter (that's generally what forums like this are for, sharing and discussing different opinions and takes on a specific topic), or you can choose to ignore any responses and move on. You did neither. You didn't give any reasons on why you think the DualSense is overpriced, in this thread or in the past when we last discussed it, so no, I don't know your take on it at all. The most I can gather from your posts on the matter is something along the lines of 'corporation bad, make everything cheaper'. That doesn't give me any specific reasons on why you think the DualSense is overpriced. At least I drew some comparables and made a counter point. So yeah... guess this is another dead horse unless you choose to elaborate further on the matter in the future. 

First off, for the record...just because a mass number of people say something, doesn't mean it's right and that goes for any subject...so yeah 99% of the time someone thinks I'm being aggressive, they're absolutely wrong. So yes, everyone definitely can be wrong. We all have our moments for sure, but this wasn't one of them. It's just tiring at this point that we keep this going. Back on subject...

Or I can make my comment to this thread, negative or not, and people can leave it at that (and that goes for everyone being able to do the same with their opinions). And it's not really a defensive....It's just knowing where this is going before it gets there. It wasn't aggression, it was more of a heavy sigh and a "here we go again". Because once I again I said something is too high a price and you have to question why I think that, even though my reason is the same as any other time. We absolutely DO NOT agree on this subject at all, we've made this clear over the years and that's cool. But yes, the most BASIC way we can put this is that I think all of this shit is evil big business being evil big business, and that prices don't need to be as high as they are...ever (and it's not just the gaming industry, this for almost everything right now). But I'm not going to give a paragraph as to why I think that every single time I post about it.  As for your comparables...they count as being over priced too, this just happens to be the subject of the DualSense Edge, but yes Scuff Controllers and Xbox Elite whatever are over priced as well. Just because the competitor does something stupid doesn't mean you need to do it too...two wrongs don't make a right. 

14 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Here you go:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller-series-2

$179.00 ERP*

What's Included:

Carrying case

The PS controller has swappable thumbsticks (I believe you can adjust them too), the cable, paddles, thumbsticks, and the charging case - when the controller is in the case, it charges. Xbox now also offer a charging case but it's an additional $30, but I believe they've rounded it to 199.99 including it.

So, with the PS controller having all of the above, plus all of the actual additional features I listed in my original post, how does the basic Xbox Elite controller have more features and customisation than the new DS? If all it's boiling down to is a flimsy $5 'dock' then nah, the PS has much more for very similar money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

It wasn't aggression, it was more of a heavy sigh and a "here we go again". 

Fair enough. It came across as being somewhat aggressive to me, but if you say that isn't how you meant it then I believe you. No harm done regardless. 

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

We absolutely DO NOT agree on this subject at all, we've made this clear over the years and that's cool. 

I don't disagree with your point that a lot of things are overpriced, I just don't happen to think (and maybe this is where our differences on the matter come in) that "almost everything" is overpriced, or that someone is out to get us all of the time. It's a very cynical outlook, and whilst I don't blame you for having that outlook, it isn't an outlook that I can hold, otherwise I'd probably never buy anything ever again. Lots of things are overpriced, conversely lots of things are priced reasonably, or at the very least are priced in line with the market. Sometimes you get screwed by going the cheap route in the pursuit of saving a few dollars (you get what you pay for after all), and sometimes you need to pay a premium for that extra quality. It is what it is, I just think that trying to label almost everything as overpriced or thinking that someone is always out to screw you is a bit silly and unfounded (in my opinion, of course).

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

But yes, the most BASIC way we can put this is that I think all of this shit is evil big business being evil big business, and that prices don't need to be as high as they are...ever (and it's not just the gaming industry, this for almost everything right now).

I was comparing the DualSense Edge to other similar options on the market to try and determine how much value (if any) it provides, and it seems to be reasonably competitive from that perspective. However, as you've alluded to, if you feel that EVERY option is overpriced then it won't matter one way or the other. 

Anyways... I guess that settles it. You've listed your thought process, which is fair enough. I won't bring it up again in future or question you any further about it. Have a good one ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peffsi said:

Well, I kind of wanted one of these just for fun. I'm not a competitive player so I don't actually need one.

But uhh... $200 USD is equal to $275 Canadian at current rates... with tax that is $311. That is more than half of what I paid for my digital PS5 ($565).

I'll buy one of these if the price is around $200 Canadian, and if it comes in different colours. I don't want one that looks almost the same as the launch controller.

yeah same.....bit too rich for me

3 hours ago, JavaNext said:

Here you go:

$179.00 ERP*

What's Included:

Carrying case

And don't forget this:

https://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-ups-xbox-elite-series-2-controller-warranty-from-90-days-to-one-year/

I already want to see how much the guarantee granted by Sony will be. xD

I stopped buying any additional hardware when I forked out for an official gran turismo driving force gt wheel on ps3 and it was completely useless on ps4. These controllers wont last longer than a gen but it doesn't look like Sony will be making a PS6 given the campaign they've got going on telling us about how superior their games are on PC.

it's overpriced shit.

how is a controller elite, when they still use the same worthless analogue sticks that the dualsense uses, which btw... is a downgrade from the ps4 where your average analogue stick wouldn't wear out for YEARS. to spend 210 on a controller.. only to have to spend more and more every year on new stick replacements lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok Double post here. I've had my Wolverine V2 Pro now for a week and can say I'm more then happy with it except the price. It was a big gamble at $475 Australian Dollars but I've had the PS5 since launch and unfortunately for me the Dualsense is possibly the most uncomfortable controller I've used apart from original xbox. I played Ghostwire and Monark with the DS and since left all other PS5 releases on hold. Now I'm not the only one who has problems with the DS and the way I feel with it is identical to many others. The Wolverine V2 is a quality product and damn comfortable for me, it can be programmed but the software is lacking tbh. People complained about the deadzone on the wolverine but this has been patched out with a firmware update. I recommend to try first due to the cost, I didn't have this luxury but fortunately it's right for me.

I am jealous with you guys who like the Dual Sense.

44 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Ok Double post here. I've had my Wolverine V2 Pro now for a week and can say I'm more then happy with it except the price. It was a big gamble at $475 Australian Dollars but I've had the PS5 since launch and unfortunately for me the Dualsense is possibly the most uncomfortable controller I've used apart from original xbox. I played Ghostwire and Monark with the DS and since left all other PS5 releases on hold. Now I'm not the only one who has problems with the DS and the way I feel with it is identical to many others. The Wolverine V2 is a quality product and damn comfortable for me, it can be programmed but the software is lacking tbh. People complained about the deadzone on the wolverine but this has been patched out with a firmware update. I recommend to try first due to the cost, I didn't have this luxury but fortunately it's right for me.

I am jealous with you guys who like the Dual Sense.

there was also Victrix Pro controller for ps4/ps5. I know nothing on reviews for it though. I'm picking up my Edge later

7 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

there was also Victrix Pro controller for ps4/ps5. I know nothing on reviews for it though. I'm picking up my Edge later

I also ordered the Victrix BFG and I think it has arrived today. But I ordered the victrix for competitive games like apex/cod etc

• Like 1