Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 Coming to PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 hours ago, setobox said:

I mean this is for people who don't have a ps3 or don't want to pull out their ps3. Also, it has more stuff than the PS3 collection. The only games that are missing from this one that was in the one on the PS3 is Peace Walker and MGS 4.

Exactly, I never owned a PS3 and never had the opportunity to play the games in HD.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Which will certainly come in the inevitable Vol. 2.

Yep. And really the only things I expect taken out of those games when Vol 2 comes is Peace Walker's MP unless they decide to make a new one and the Monster Hunter stuff (unless they can get an agreement with Capcom about it) and with MGS 4, some licensed items and having to revoice the lines about the game being on a PS3.

• Like 3

I was hoping for brand-new, fresh trophy lists from the ones that have come out on the PS3, before, as it would be nice to just do different things in the games that maybe did not make the cut the 1st time round. Maybe I'm in the minority but when remasters come out it would be cool if t was not just a copy and paste trophy list, but I guess that's easy work than coming up with new ones.

4 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

I was hoping for brand-new, fresh trophy lists from the ones that have come out on the PS3, before, as it would be nice to just do different things in the games that maybe did not make the cut the 1st time round. Maybe I'm in the minority but when remasters come out it would be cool if t was not just a copy and paste trophy list, but I guess that's easy work than coming up with new ones.

mgs2 and 3 have more trophys, so it's not 100% copy and paste. Also, these are basically ports, no remasters.

11 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

We have the trophy lists for these games already , or are people just speculating here?

Not the actual trophy lists but if you check the previous page there is a reddit post with some pictures from twitter where you can see the number (only the number) of Steam achievements for each game (Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 share a list, Metal Gear Solid has 18, MGS2 and MGS3 have 6 extra achievements each).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Not the actual trophy lists but if you check the previous page there is a reddit post with some pictures from twitter where you can see the number (only the number) of Steam achievements for each game (Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 share a list, Metal Gear Solid has 18, MGS2 and MGS3 have 6 extra achievements each).

Didn’t realise there’s an actual trophy breakdown, nice. I’ve only ever watched walkthrough’s of the original two games on YouTube so it’ll be nice to have some motivation to finally play these for myself!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Well, if the PS5 collection is better, may as well lol

Plus, this PS3 version seems to be rare and sought after so it could be worth something in the future.

Fair enough, my copy is probably my most played game on PS3, so many great memories with it

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 11:39 PM, Deceptrox said:

You do have to take the Steam lists with a grain of salt though.  There have been quite a few times that Steam lists have had more, or less, achievements than the console releases.  

• 2 weeks later...

MGS1 trophy list has been leaked. 19 trophies.

:bronze: 6   :silver: 3   :gold: 9   :platinum: 1

1. :platinum: Unlock all trophies
  2. :bronze: Start a new game
  3. :bronze: Defeat Revolver Ocelot
  4. :bronze: Defeat M1 Tank
  5. :bronze: Defeat Cyborg Ninja
  6. :bronze: Defeat Psycho Mantis
  7. :silver: Defeat Sniper Wolf
  8. :silver: Defeat Hind D
  9. :gold: Defeat Sniper Wolf again
  10. :gold: Defeat Vulcan Raven
  11. :gold: Defeat Metal Gear REX
  12. :gold: Defeat Liquid Snake
  13. :bronze: Complete a VR Mission
  14. :silver: Read all of the Briefing Files
  15. :gold: Obtain Bandana (description says "Obtain Stealth Camo" though)
  16. :gold: Obtain Stealth Camo
  17. :gold: Complete the game with FOX or BIG BOSS Rank
  18. :gold: Complete all VR Missions
  19. :gold: Exorcise the photo of a ghost

Source:

I also asked the leaker to share MGS2 and MGS3 trophy lists, which he agreed to do, eventually.

Edited by William Faure
Trophy List
  • Like 3