Trophies Are Missing / Hidden or Private Trophies - How to Fix It

Hello there.

I'm experiencing an unexpected issue with my trophy log here...

Dang, you did everything except pressing the update button here on the site to update your profile xD As Mesopithecus said above, remember to see changes to your profile, you need to sync them on PSN and then press your name at the top-right of the main site (not the forums) and press "Update Profile" from the dropdown menu, or you can type your name into the box on the homepage too. You can update it once per hour ;)

Yeah I realised it was set to no-one which is strange as I don't remember doing that, thanks for the help

Usually when people get the PS4 it asks them to select their privacy settings, that's when some people mistakenly hide their trophies. :P

Thanks for helping them out Mesopithecus! *salute*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang, you did everything except pressing the update button here on the site to update your profile xD As Mesopithecus said above, remember to see changes to your profile, you need to sync them on PSN and then press your name at the top-right of the main site (not the forums) and press "Update Profile" from the dropdown menu, or you can type your name into the box on the homepage too. You can update it once per hour ;)

Usually when people get the PS4 it asks them to select their privacy settings, that's when some people mistakenly hide their trophies. :P

Thanks for helping them out Mesopithecus! *salute*

i'm on ps3 and i've set privacy settings to anyone and also checked each game of mine and made sure that i had showed trophies section ticked but as soon as i even update my name on psnprofiles and check out my profile nothing has change :(

i'm on ps3 and i've set privacy settings to anyone and also checked each game of mine and made sure that i had showed trophies section ticked but as soon as i even update my name on psnprofiles and check out my profile nothing has change :(

You need to earn a new trophy from any game after changing your privacy settings to see the changes on this site. Be sure to sync your trophies (view your PS3's trophy list while in online mode and it will sync), then after syncing you can update your profile here and it should show your new trophies.

Edited by BlindMango

um.. hello im new here and my profile seems to be out of date its at the point where my previous ps3 broke down lvl 22 im now 26 i tried following the directions given i set my trophies to online none are hidden i earned a trophy then synced but its still not updating im missing 28 platinums, can anyone help here?

um.. hello im new here and my profile seems to be out of date its at the point where my previous ps3 broke down lvl 22 im now 26 i tried following the directions given i set my trophies to online none are hidden i earned a trophy then synced but its still not updating im missing 28 platinums, can anyone help here?

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39823-synching-issue/

Not 100% sure what's up yet, though.

• Like 1

For some reason Metal Gear Solid V - a game I played last year - has vanished from PSNProfiles for me, but it isn't hidden on either PS3 or PS4. Just syned some new trophies from other games and it's still classed as hidden: my hidden trophy count gone up by about 30, and my overall total on PSNProfiles has gone down by avout 30... yet it's deffo not hidden. Any ideas?

Checked and double checked: box ticked to show trophies on PS3, unticked to not hide trophies on PS4. I just hid then unhid MGSV on PS4 after reading post above. Hopefully that makes it show when I next sync. It's really weird, though: no settings were changed, and certainly none for a game waaay down my list. I've even unhidden Ground Zeroes just in case that's related, but that's been hidden since before I even played MGSV...

For some reason Metal Gear Solid V - a game I played last year - has vanished from PSNProfiles for me, but it isn't hidden on either PS3 or PS4. Just syned some new trophies from other games and it's still classed as hidden: my hidden trophy count gone up by about 30, and my overall total on PSNProfiles has gone down by avout 30... yet it's deffo not hidden. Any ideas?

The same thing happened to me today, flower (PS4, played 2 years ago) and journey (PS4, played one year ago) suddenly became hidden according to psnprofiles and psntrophyleaders. But when I checked with the ps4, ps3 and vita, these two games are set to show. I have never hidden these two games.

Achieving a few more trophies and syncing again didn't solve this, neither did hiding another game. My amount of hidden trophies went up by 28 and my trophy count went down by 28 (which is what you'd expect if these two games were set to hidden, which I didn't). At first I thought I just randomly lost 28 trophies, but they're hidden and I have no idea why.

I'm guessing the problem is on sony's end since both sites read out these games as hidden, even though they're not.

Problem here, just got the Plat for Dust an elysian tail a few days ago after having it hidden for a while before I got the Plat. Made sure it wasn't hidden and updated my profile on here and success it showed. However today I updated my profile and noticed my plat count was down and Dust was gone, haven't changed the privacy settings since then, double checked to see if it was hidden or not and it has been set to show on both my PS4 and 3, possible hiccup? Just seems weird that it would show then hide itself again :/

Problem here, just got the Plat for Dust an elysian tail a few days ago after having it hidden for a while before I got the Plat. Made sure it wasn't hidden and updated my profile on here and success it showed. However today I updated my profile and noticed my plat count was down and Dust was gone, haven't changed the privacy settings since then, double checked to see if it was hidden or not and it has been set to show on both my PS4 and 3, possible hiccup? Just seems weird that it would show then hide itself again :/

Check your PS3. 

Since you started Yakuza, PS3 could overwrite what you did on PS4 if it stayed hidden on PS3.

Check your PS3. 

Since you started Yakuza, PS3 could overwrite what you did on PS4 if it stayed hidden on PS3.

Made sure both PS4 and PS3 had Dust visible, earned trophy on Yakuza, updated on here still Dust is hidden, earned trophy on Minecraft on PS4 to see if it was a PS3 issue, updated still Dust is hidden...tried on PSN Trophy Leaderboards, same issue :/ Stumped

Made sure both PS4 and PS3 had Dust visible, earned trophy on Yakuza, updated on here still Dust is hidden, earned trophy on Minecraft on PS4 to see if it was a PS3 issue, updated still Dust is hidden...tried on PSN Trophy Leaderboards, same issue :/ Stumped

You seem to have the same issue I'm having with flower and journey. Quite annoying. Hopefully it'll get fixed somehow ...

You seem to have the same issue I'm having with flower and journey. Quite annoying. Hopefully it'll get fixed somehow ...

I can see Flower and Journey on your profile, might be fixed for you now

Got a friend to compare trophies on PS4 and said he couldn't see the game there either. Hope it's just temporary bug cause I've checked too many times that the game is made visible on all my consoles including the vita and nothing...more bugging me that it's a Plat too :/

yup same thing here , i earned a trophy on heavy rain ps3 and i synced up and checked on PSNP site and i noticed i also had the Hidden tab

i never hid trophys wich is why this struck me as odd. then i noticed its not showing many of my PS4 games on my profile list it only shows ESO, and star wars battle front

any ideas whats wrong? i have read the forum and checked both PS3,4 trophy privacy settings and they all showed the games not hiden, i have some hidden now ofcorse

i also earned another trophy then resynced and still no PS4 games on my profile exept the formentioned ones

I can see Flower and Journey on your profile, might be fixed for you now

Got a friend to compare trophies on PS4 and said he couldn't see the game there either. Hope it's just temporary bug cause I've checked too many times that the game is made visible on all my consoles including the vita and nothing...more bugging me that it's a Plat too :/

I have completed journey twice and flower three times. The ps4 version of both are hidden. I mentioned in my first post about this glitch that it was the ps4 versions of both that got hidden. The vita and ps3 version of flower and the ps3 version of journey are still visible.

Checking with a friend via trophy compare is a smart idea. Indeed, when I do a trophy compare with my second account, flower (ps4) and journey (ps4) aren't there either, in my main account profile.

To all of you above:

Try meddling with your PS4 privacy settings. Set trophies visible to friends-only and then back to everyone and try to update.

I tried that, didn't work. I wish that was it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The interesting thing is that such settings don't seem to matter on this glitch.

Edited by de_digibeet

Sometimes you just have to wait it out and let it fix itself. There's always a chance it's weirdness on PSN's end. I suggest you do what Ookami says, earn a trophy, change it back to normal, earn another, see if that sorts it out. If not, it should fix itself eventually.

Edited by ShadowStar83x

Checking with a friend via trophy compare is a smart idea. Indeed, when I do a trophy compare with my second account, flower (ps4) and journey (ps4) aren't there either, in my main account profile.

Yup, MGSV is also hidden when viewing on my secondary account. So it's deffo an issue on Sony's end rather than PSNProfiles. Can only see the trophies when using my main acc.

Like everyone else trying to resolve this issue, I've fiddled with privacy settings - friends only, no-one - and even hidden MGSV before listing it again on PS3/PS4. Synced more trophies from other games and still no change. Seems all we can do is wait, but it's going to really suck if I game I platinum'd randomly hides itself... think someone already had that issue with Dust.

At the moment I think for games to not be hidden you need to earn trophies from those actual games... which is annoying when I never changed MGSV's setting and no longer own it. I've unhidden games that were previously hidden - MGS: Ground Zeroes and Astrebleed - and they aren't showing, either. So it's either a bug on Sony's end or idk.

Btw, this happened after I started using the PSN mobile app... but that doesn't allow you to hide trophies as far as I can tell. Never had issues before.

Edited by AironicallyHuman

Yup, MGSV is also hidden when viewing on my secondary account. So it's deffo an issue on Sony's end rather than PSNProfiles. Can only see the trophies when using my main acc.

Like everyone else trying to resolve this issue, I've fiddled with privacy settings - friends only, no-one - and even hidden MGSV before listing it again on PS3/PS4. Synced more trophies from other games and still no change. Seems all we can do is wait, but it's going to really suck if I game I platinum'd randomly hides itself... think someone already had that issue with Dust.

At the moment I think for games to not be hidden you need to earn trophies from those actual games... which is annoying when I never changed MGSV's setting and no longer own it. I've unhidden games that were previously hidden - MGS: Ground Zeroes and Astrebleed - and they aren't showing, either. So it's either a bug on Sony's end or idk.

Btw, this happened after I started using the PSN mobile app... but that doesn't allow you to hide trophies as far as I can tell. Never had issues before.

I have never used the psn mobile app, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I did send a help request thingy to sony with the contact form on their site. Hopefully they'll look into it and solve this glitch.

Like I said, this stuff sometimes resolves itself. Hope it all works out!