Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

Stupid Eventide 3 making me miss two collectible and do another damn playthrough just to locate one card and one ornament *grumblegrumbleprofanityrant*

Uh, ignore this post, please, I'll have an update in... about two hours. ?

5 hours ago, KazaneHime said:

I see you have Tales of Symphonia on your list; best of luck!

I saw on a video detailing the release of 130 games for PS4/PS5 that Tales of Symphonia is getting yet another remaster in summer 2023. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

Slightly late sign up, but here we go.

1.Wraith 33%

2.Space Pirate Trainer 33% UR

3.Shooty Fruity 10% UR

4.Rush VR 19% UR

5.Racket Fury 42% UR

6.Guns Up 6%

7.Dick Wilde 1 10% UR

8.Counter Fight VR Samurai Edition 33%

9.Apex Construct 23% UR

UR = ULTRA RARE
Fun Fact: There is only 1 platinum on my list(Shooty Fruity) , and only 1 game that isnt a VR game (Guns Up)

Added.

Also, remember that I will no longer take signups starting January 1!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

I finished this game for the previous challenge and it made me want to quit video games altogether. You've made it past the worst of it though so hang in there. The post-game grinding is easy compared to what came before. And there's a post in the PS Trophies forums for the game that shows how to cheese the last dungeon's boss fights, it saves a ton of time.

Good luck!

You are a lifesaver, my friend.

this will help immensely as tragedy struck yesterday and I accidentally saved over the last girls save slot so I'll need to start a fresh run....

I was at work at the time so I had to keep the swearing to a minimum but I assure you my soul turned to dust when I realised what I had done.

22 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Just got the trophies for 100% of all Georama, which shows that I have cleared every level in Moonflower Palace, and the trophy for breeding fish as I had to start the fish challenges in the Chapter 2-4 dungeons to get a strong fish to win the Beginner Class Finny Frenzy so I can recruit elf girl and buy the fork lure to get that Baron Garayan for the rare fish trophy. I actually think I will just catch a ton of Umuwuraka(those fish that have horse heads) and breed them together since they look like they have decent enough stats to get a Beginner Finny Frenzy champion. After I get elf girl and the Baron, I will breed it in and just spend time dumping bait into the tank to get that abomination strong enough to win every Finny Frenzy. xD

Now I have to grind out the Gemron transformation to Level 51 so I can clear all of the dang Monster Transformation challenges. I don't think I'll be able to platinum this game before Christmas as I have to focus on clearing every challenge in Moonflower Palace so I can get to Chapter 8. :(

Dang, you’re on a roll!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Dang, you’re on a roll!

Don't idolize me. It's not that impressive. Once you get the Ridepod equipped with the Master Core and some good stuff, you will basically breeze through every level of the game. I just crafted and equipped Samurai Arm III and Nova Cannon IV and they are basically one-shotting or two-shotting enemies in Moonflower Palace which took six hits with the Samurai Arm II. Add in Jet Hover making Ridepod go super fast and you basically sweep every level. It's the challenges that are the most annoying. I completed all of the Time Challenges(because Jet Hover is the fastest mode of transport in dungeon levels) and all the Ridepod-only challenges, but now the hard work begins: I have to clear levels with specific weapons and do a bunch of golf challenges that are very frustrating. I actually flubbed six Spheda challenges in the Moonflower Palace(which is the easiest place to win Spheda as there are very few chances to get off course and lose shots) because the ball was the same color as the hole and I couldn't bump it to change color with that last shot.

I think the slowest part are the first two chapters as Steve the Ridepod doesn't go very fast and can't two-shot enemies until you get better stuff. You can trade in Ridepod EXP for a Barrel Cannon I in Chapter 2 but until you get Roller Feet and Samurai Arm I, Balance Valley is a slog. After that, things go much faster. ;)

• Like 1