Gaming goals for 2023?

MidnightDragon

My goal for next year is to reach 275 platinums. This year's goal was 57 (IIRC) platinums to reach 200, which I narrowly missed (currently at 193, but Severed Steel is almost done and ready for the PS5 patch that's supposed to drop any day now.) Given my rate of platinuming games this year, I think it's a reasonable goal and at the very least good motivation to keep platinuming games.

Another goal is to advance in the VR leaderboard before PSVR2 releases, which is admittedly only a few months away. I'd like to get into the first page or two of the PSNP PSVR leaderboard, which shouldn't be that hard. Have 30-40 PSVR games on my backlog plus more I'm planning to buy, so I've got plenty of points to earn. Then I guess PSVR2 will cause a boom in VR trophy hunters and I'll have to play catch up once I get a PSVR2 myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicosTrophyHunt said:

I think number 4 captures it perfectly 1f600.png gaming should always be fun!!

I actually make this a goal every year so when I'm getting burnt out, I stay true to my convictions and play something else. It's a very easy goal to do, but it's a good check to not let the hobby own you. :P

• Like 1

I only have a few ?

1. Finish The Witcher III.
  2. Get all trophies for Sky: Children of Light.
  3. Buy Hogwarts Legacy and complete it.
  4. Get more trophies from Stray.
  5. Finish Mass Effect.
  6. Finish Need for Speed Heat.
  7. Finish Fallout 4.
  8. Finish GreedFall.
  9. Start Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 and get the Plat.
  10. Finish SpongBob Battle for Bikini Bottom.
  11. Finish Stories: The Path of Destinies.
  12. Get more trophies for Team Sonic Racing.
  13. Get all trophies for Starlit KART Racing.
  14. Start Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
  15. Buy and finish Modern Warfare II.
  16. Buy and plat Catlateral Damage Remeowstered.
  17. Finish Horizon Zero Dawn.
  18. Start a playthrough of GTA 5 and go for the plat?
  19. Finish Bully.
  20. Finish Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.
  21. Get all Hatoful Boyfriend trophies (don't judge me.)
  • Like 2

• Reach 70% Completion 
  • Complete 15 JRPGs 
  • Complete 15 Horror Games 
  • Complete at least half PS3 Backlog 
  • Complete at least half PS Vita Backlog 
  • Complete 10 PS5 Games 
  • Reach 175/200 Platinum 
  • Complete the Mass Effect Trilogy on PS3 and PS4 
  • Complete all Deponia Games

Going further with what is started after many years coming back. Not going to be a big hunter anymore. But taking down a game now and than. Also enjoying a game in between with my son. And playing my favorite race games and Auping to stay on a 100% profile. (Not able now because started 3 games)

One goal is too be part of some psnp community events. Have a feeling it will bring randomness and chaos in a good way. Also perhaps pure regrets depending on 9/10 and 10/10 difficulty games for one event. 

Kaleidoscope Challenge - Awesome one to combine with other events. 

A-Z Platinum Club - Made me realize I need more psnp ultra rare plats. Working on my 7th letter atm. Haven´t joined yet but soon. 

Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023 - Might come up with two lists for that. Even making the lists gonna be fun :) 

Well my goal this year was to get 75 platinums and hit the 200 mark, and with an hour or so to spare, I've just hit it!

But my 2023 goals I think I am going to try and push the boat out a little further and hit 300 platinums! And try and keep a percentage of 98% or above whilst doing so!

• Like 1

Dunno, mostly to enjoy gaming. I think I might try to get one more idolm@ster plat, but there are some roadblocks to those. In general though, just enjoy games

Some ideas for 2023:

• Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, since I finished Umineko just past month, it might be time to return to the origins, which was also one of the first anime I  watched eons ago
  • Fire Emblem games. Been enjoying Three Houses lately, but I think I might want to play at least one of the older games with less systems before jumping to Engage
  • Xbox Series S/X. I'm not truly in a need for a modern system, but seems I'm inheriting a new bigger TV from a passed aunt (RIP), which is enough for 4k etc. A bit mixed feelings about this one
  • Backlogging, maybe finish 1 already purchased game for PS3/PS4/Switch/Wii each? Should be doable
Edited by mecharobot
  • Like 2

Pipedream goal: 

I want to own or/ run a internet Cafe with computers that do fun events whether it's gaming /  creating

Miscellaneous. A place where people can bring their work laptops and serves food/drinks. Good lounge areas that can compete being from home. 

Regular Gaming Goal:

Get a ps3 running again. My old one had corrupted data and a hard drive failure on top of that I accidentally did a system format.  The power on USB doesn't  work well and disc drive was stuck because of magnet so I bought aanother $80 Ps3 regular slim again. All that 10 year data though, never back it up.  ? 

My computer running fine & may switch to my spare 3070, currently running the old 1070 seems to work alright.

No backlog really I stopped trophy hunting years ago tbh.  Buy may go hunting again if incentive high.

My mind is kinda set on playing Ape Escape again never finished those games but did play a long long time ago. ⌛️ 

Kept delaying on these because I been on overtime since Hurricane Ian ?no time at home = less games. 

Edited by fyiByas
  • Like 1

Here are my 2023 goals:

1. Get to 92.5% completion
2. Get to at least 5,250 trophies
3. Play more longer games
4. Chop my unearned trophies by at least 1/2 (currently at 749, so down to 375 or better by year's end)
5. Complete 2 games for every addition to the backlog (should be easier this year)

Also going to add two bonus goals just for the fun of it. They are: 
Hit 100 platinums before I get a PS5
Get a milestone (not gonna be picky on which one) on October 23, 2023

Main focus will be the five main goals. The other two are more just for fun. Good luck, everyone!

• Like 2

Unlike 2022, I'm goin into 2023 with no plan. I dont care if i get 1 plat, 20, 200 trophies, 500, 1000. I'll be playing 90% of all the new big releases day one. Will be working on some JRPGs on my backlog and ultimately dont care about completion %, or game %. Just playing for entertainment this year.

• Like 2

My goals for 2023 probably won't change to much from 2022. I had difficult stuff going on and so I don't think I did to well. I'm on track (kinda) again and I look forward to new goals and future stuff. The last goal is just something that I think would be fun to do and get more lore in series games.

Goals for 2023:

150 Platinum (138)
90% Completion (65.78)
200 Completed Games (176)
Beat previous year Platinum count: 15 (0)

Try to complete whole series of games. Ex. Playing Resident Evil VII. Try and beat/play/complete every RE game in the series. Based off Playstation Series via PSNP.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My gaming goals for 2023: 

1. Start and finish Toukiden 2 (PS Vita) if stick drift allows
  2. Start and finish Need for Speed: Most Wanted U (Wii U) - Achieved 09.01.2023 ?
  3. Buy less games and finish more from backlog

Pretty realistic goals I think (already achieved one of them) but we'll see how it goes. 

The toughest one for me is definitely the third one, finishing more games than I buy. I had the same goal last year and failed in meeting it - I bought 40 new games and only finished 37. The struggle against backlog is real.

Good luck with your goals, everyone!