[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

On 11/03/2023 at 11:34 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

5 more games to add, putting me at nine total. Hogwarts Legacy for white, Horizon Call of the Mountain for light blue, Job Simulator for light green, Elden Ring for Black, and Forspoken for Deep Purple. I do wanna add that shrunk down like this Forspoken doesnt look purple but if you look at the image on the game page its very purple. Fitting with the game as her base magic is called "purple magic."

I'd consider using Forspoken for either Tan or Brown (both of which are still free on your card,) as they are much more obvious matches - and Blue for Hogwarts, given the dominance of the background...

... but up to you - there's enough there to see where you were aiming with them!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Was thinking of completing this card in April, so I might make one more swap to reduce the RPGs to two. Quick, someone tell me...

L43ed8b.png

Can I slot this into yellow, tan or orange? ;)

Orange I’d say no, but Yellow or Tan could work

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Orange I’d say no, but Yellow or Tan could work

Yeah, just put that out there but orange is not very prominent there. I'll put up an update and show which color I'm replacing when I get the platinum for that game. ;)

Also, I'm not dissing the swaps I made out yet, they might show up in the second card when I finish this one. ^_^

15 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Another awesome DLC entry for Dead Cells - at this point, the game is in serious contention, along with Hitman and Cities Skylines, for the "Best Supported Game of the Generation" award!

I'm not particularly familiar with Castlevania...

...I know, I know, for shame!... but it's one of those series that I've played far more of the games that it influenced than actual entries in the real franchise - and chief among those "Castlevania-influenced" games is probably Dead Cells... so it feels fitting that this is the game finally looping back around, and lending its considerable weight to actually lift up that franchise that inspired it!

I'm not sure I think this is quite the best Dead Cells addition - I still think the Queen and the Sea DLC retains that crown, but this one is still a very good entry, and further bolsters the games amazing gameplay with new areas, new enemies, new weapons, and a bunch more awesome fun!

I finished this one as well and was excited to use it as Pink for the main game image, since some of the DLCs use that image... But no. This DLC has to be red which I just finished with Dead Nation. xD Oh well. Congrats! I enjoyed this dlc. Waiting for the wiki map to update so I can finish the guide....

2 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

I platinumed It Takes Two and Chicory. Both of these games I got the platinum with my girlfriend (talks about hsi girlfriend for the nth time on the forums) which I introduced to gaming. We completed both stories this year. She helped me get the remaining trophies/mini games for It Takes Two. As for Chicory, I told her I could do the collectibles that were left post-game but she said she wanted to experience trophy hunting and hunt the collectibles (she felt she was on a mission!) and got me the platinum. Even though she only plays on my PS4 when she visits me, might as well suggest her to create an account so she could try single player games I already finished and platinumed.

Go ahead and let her make an account she can play on. After all, if the two of you eventually take the relationship to the ultimate level(I am talking about marriage, you idiots who have stinky minds xD), you are going to be living together so might as well get started letting her share your stuff. ;) And it'll help give the library some new use since you aren't playing them anymore, get someone else interested. ^_^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

FINALLY finished Dynasty Warriors 7, which is serving as my Tan entry. I knew it was gonna be a grind, but damn if I didn't vastly underestimate how long it would take! I saw there are players who completed this in less than four days, I'm like did you even sleep??

Get all the weapons. Get all the seals on the weapons. Collect all the animals like you're Noah or some shit. Max out a bond with all 62 officers, and make sure you've gotten each and every one of their skills unlocked as well. Oh, and don't forget that there will be a quiz with over 470 questions. GOOD GOD. I'll always have a soft spot for these games, but Dynasty Warriors and completionism do not mix.

Congrats on getting the platinum for DW7.  It takes a lot of perseverance.  I finished it back in December.  Holy crap is it a grind.  You also forgot to mention playing the same battle over and over again about 600 times because it is the most efficient way to grind.  That is the one platinum I would recommend people not go for.  It's really not a fun experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

Gotta say, y'all are killin it! Peeps are already getting their first rainbow and I'm like "HAY GUISE I FINISHED TWO GAMES." Huge props to all my fellow challengers, I need to step my shit up!

I confess to making a lot of swap as I wanted to get two cards done this year. Some of those games I removed might return on Card #2. ;)

Don't rush yourself, the last thing you need is a heart attack. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duke_Ryle said:

Congrats on getting the platinum for DW7.  It takes a lot of perseverance.  I finished it back in December.  Holy crap is it a grind.  You also forgot to mention playing the same battle over and over again about 600 times because it is the most efficient way to grind.  That is the one platinum I would recommend people not go for.  It's really not a fun experience. 

WORD!! That loses its charm real quick. And while it's true that I got to listen to a lot of cool new albums and podcasts, that's what you're supposed to do when you're folding laundry ot washing dishes or some shit, not playing video games!

Oh, and thank you?

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

This is me in a nutshell. 

I feel great finishing 1 or 2 games a month and people got a Rainbow in 2 months. Complete savages, I swear.

It's probably not going to get better once I start doing some RPGs, but I plan on playing other games and take breaks from grinding so hopefully I can still manage 1 game a month. 1f605.png I'll leave it to someone else to get a double rainbow. 

I'm with you on that one, man - if I just get one rainbow, I'll be a happy fella? All love for the overachievers, don't get me wrong, but yeah I ain't doin all that!

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

I confess to making a lot of swap as I wanted to get two cards done this year. Some of those games I removed might return on Card #2. ;)

Don't rush yourself, the last thing you need is a heart attack. :P

homer-simpson-heart-attack.gif

• Like 4