[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

2 hours ago, pelagia14 said:

GREY: Toem 

I'll admit that I had low expectations going into Toem - primarily because of the monochromatic color palette, when I am someone who *adores* color - and I was pleasantly surprised by the game! Quirky, silly, and a very fun, relaxing experience.

I was also a bit skeptical about whether a colorless game could be interesting, and this game really delivers. There is Toem, which is the mountain, and it bursts into color, but all in all I enjoyed the game, and the DLC wasn't too hard either, since it was a love letter from the devs thanking us for playing. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

I've got a few more games to add to the left side of my card.

Metro 2033 Redux (White)- Kinda slapping myself for waiting soo long to play this game cause it's a pretty good fps survival horror game. Enjoyed myself with this one and it ended up being right up my alley, I've got the 2nd game on deck and I'll probably end up picking up Exodus too at some point.

Dredge- Sneaky good indie fishing game that I happened to find browsing a random "Trophy Thoughts" section here on psnp. Glad I did too cause it ended up taking me by surprise and now it's one of my favorite games I've played this year so far! (If I can't swing this one for Tan just let me know and I'll switch it with Metro for white and I'll throw that into red 1f44c.png)

Life is Strange: True Colors- Strong entry in the LiS series, not my favorite but definitely top 3 for me. Not sure how long they intend to keep this series going but I'm down for more if they keep putting them out.

vcZSBpT.png

Ah, I've seen Dredge in a few places (Guardian games review, and NorthernLion has been streaming it). Quite tempted to pick it up, although it's not something that would usually perk my interest. How long is the platinum? 

RE: Kaleidoscope colours. Obviously, the final word is up to DrBloodMoney, but I think in the OP, it says stuff with a black background (like Metro Redux) is usually only suitable for the 'black' category. But I've seen plenty of other people sneak similar games into 'white', so ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

Ah, I've seen Dredge in a few places (Guardian games review, and NorthernLion has been streaming it). Quite tempted to pick it up, although it's not something that would usually perk my interest. How long is the platinum? 

It's not too long of a plat, I got in around 3ish days of playing a handful of hours at a time. I'd say around 20 hours give or take for the plat time unless you blast through everything with guides in which case you can probably shave a few hours off that. I normally don't play games like Dredge either but I'm glad I gave it a chance cause it slaps. 

10 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

RE: Kaleidoscope colours. Obviously, the final word is up to DrBloodMoney, but I think in the OP, it says stuff with a black background (like Metro Redux) is usually only suitable for the 'black' category. But I've seen plenty of other people sneak similar games into 'white', so 1f643.png

If that's the case I'll gladly switch it up something with a more prominent white background. I've got a handful of game in the backlog I can probably throw in there if need be.

2 hours ago, Finch_III said:

RE: Kaleidoscope colours. Obviously, the final word is up to DrBloodMoney, but I think in the OP, it says stuff with a black background (like Metro Redux) is usually only suitable for the 'black' category. But I've seen plenty of other people sneak similar games into 'white', so 1f643.png

2 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

If that's the case I'll gladly switch it up something with a more prominent white background. I've got a handful of game in the backlog I can probably throw in there if need be.

So... technically I think Metro is okay as a white - the "go only on the background" rule is really there only for purely black and white images (or maybe those with some grey in there)...

...but Metro does skirt around that rule by having some non-prominent red, so I can't really insist it applies!

I do think the overall "rainbow effect" works better if the two ends (Black and White) are VERY black and VERY white, (so kind of falling on backgrounds by default)... so if you did end up doing a more white one, swapping it out wouldn't be the worst thing...

...but if nothing else comes up naturally, I don't have an issue with using Metro for white as you have it! ?

• Like 1

I'm gonna put an icon down and see what colors would this work for for my second card, mostly because I plan on binging on a ton of KEMCO titles to fill up spaces that ordinary AAA titles won't cover. But I don't want to clog the thread with "what color is this" posts, so if @DrBloodmoney doesn't mind if I bug him with PMs...

L7e5405.png

What color works here?

8 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

I'm gonna put an icon down and see what colors would this work for for my second card, mostly because I plan on binging on a ton of KEMCO titles to fill up spaces that ordinary AAA titles won't cover. But I don't want to clog the thread with "what color is this" posts, so if @DrBloodmoney doesn't mind if I bug him with PMs...

L7e5405.png

What color works here?

Blue/ Light Blue, I’d say