[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

16 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

if anyone is having difficulty finding a game, and wants to give the whole group a shout, asking "hey, what's a good game of X colour, in Y genre?" or something, that's great...

That sounds like a good idea. I have a few games already put on the block but I only have four games(five actually but I want to see if I need to use the pink coloring in the highlights or the black background). So far I have White, Yellow, Tan and Maroon accounted for. I'm a big fan of RPGs, but I won't snub any good platformers or adventure games to fill in the year. ;)

Also, I plan on doing a Pokemon Scarlet challenge as I am close to getting the Shiny Charm. When the event starts, I have to hunt and capture a shiny Pokemon of the same color as the game image before I can get the platinum(for example, my white image game can't be completed until I encounter a wild shiny Scatterbug, Salandit or Hatenna as they are all white in their shiny colorations. (Yes, this will take a long time because even with the Shiny Charm the chances of encountering a shiny are 1/1396, but since these are mostly RPGs, I won't be earning the platinum in one night anyways. xD) It gives me a reason to shiny hunt Pokemon. Don't worry, if things get too close for comfort I can gather some Herba Mystica to make Sparkling Power sandwiches and if that fails me, then I can abort the challenge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I really like that scorecard you made @DrBloodmoney but looking at some of the games I plan on playing, do you by any chance have one formatted to fit the big square PS5 images?

Well, I had made it wide, so that either one could fit easier, since I figured some folks (like myself) will probably end up with a mix of PS4 / PS5, but for anyone looking to do only PS5 ones, here's a version...

Spoiler

PSNP-KE-Colour-Checklist-PS5-Only.jpg

...a PS5 only list will be interesting, but will certainly be tougher, given the smaller pool of potential games!

• Like 3

I have this chart sitting open on my computer and nothing to show for it. Anyways, I'll show you the chart I have right now. The image next to the icons are Shiny Charms. If you play Pokemon, you might know about this item which boosts the chances for catching a Shiny Pokemon. Well, I plan on doing a shiny hunt while I play the game which has the same color in the game icon as the shiny Pokemon I am hunting for. Now, I know this will take a while since the odds of finding a Shiny Pokemon are very low, but I just got the Shiny Charm in Pokemon Scarlet which boosts the odds by 300%. There are other methods to boost shiny hunting, but this is a personal challenge and won't affect the challenge. After all, if I am going to be spend 365 days on hunting trophies based on colors, I might as well add a super-rare sparkling colorful creature to each game! ;)

color3b.png

A text list for those who can't see the icons due to their shrunken state:

Spoiler

White: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Yellow: World of Final Fantasy (the gold medal in the center dominates the picture)

Tan: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered

Orange: Disgaea 4+ Complete (the big orange 4 and the Disgaea name is mostly orange)

Red: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (focusing on the left side of the picture)

Pink: Disgaea 5 (the aura around the 5)

Maroon: Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition

Purple: Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn

Deep Purple: Teslagrad (it's hard to see, but the background is a deep purple)

Blue: Rogue Galaxy

Light Blue: Storm Boy

Green: Queen's Quest 4: The Sacred Truce

Light Green: Queen's Quest 2: The Forgotten Tale (the flask that is right of the title is my reference here)

Brown: Warlock's Tower

Grey: TOEM (Come on, it's monochrome!)

Black: Kingdom Hearts (one of the game in 1.5+2.5 Remix, I haven't decided which as this is for a project in summer 2023)

EDIT: Finally got the games for my list. Some easy ones(the quickest one will be Storm Boy but since I cannot complete that game until I catch a light blue Shiny Pokemon, I am assured that Shiny Hunting will make up for the lack of any content in the game itself :P) and a lot of long RPGs. For reference a few of these are games I started for one reason(World of Final Fantasy was put on the Vita because I thought I could play it while doing my walks but OMG the battles are so much longer due to the blurb at the beginning :() or another (mainly the Kill Your Completion event) so they do have some trophies on them but not a lot.

So with that, it's time for me to start Shiny Hunting Pokemon in Paldea so I can get some goals for 2023! Happy holidays, everyone! ^_^

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 3

Okay, everyone, look at this picture:

sudo.jpg

I ran into... uh, sorry. Anyways, I need your opinion on what color this Sudowoodo's body is. I could use Maroon for its 'hands', but I prefer to use a color representing 80% of a shiny Pokemon's body, and I don't know whether this is a green or tan color.

Sorry, I know I am nitpicking but since this is a color challenge, I want any artists to give me some help here. (And yes, I should post this on Serebii.net instead, so if you are upset, I will delete the post. :()

3 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

sudo.jpg

I ran into... uh, sorry. Anyways, I need your opinion on what color this Sudowoodo's body is. I could use Maroon for its 'hands', but I prefer to use a color representing 80% of a shiny Pokemon's body, and I don't know whether this is a green or tan color.

Sorry, I know I am nitpicking but since this is a color challenge, I want any artists to give me some help here. (And yes, I should post this on Serebii.net instead, so if you are upset, I will delete the post. :()

Looks green to me.

7 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

sudo.jpg

I'd say green

17 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

sudo.jpg

Either Dark Green or Green, red if you really want to use the hands.

16 minutes ago, maxfighter27 said:

Do dlc also count for this challenge like horizon zero dawn complete edition base game+dlc because i dont want a game left unfinished anymore like i did years ago 

Yup, absolutely - I'll just requote this ('cause I'm a lazy, lazy man!) ?

On 16/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

As long as you can navigate to the image you are using from within your own profile page, that's fair game - so the cover image used should be for the specific version you yourself played. (As @Han_the_Dragon pointed out earlier - some games have different images depending on region or version, for example - but the one you use should be the one attached to your profile.)

I'd say basically any game with trophies is fine for a spot - Platinum games, Non-Plat games, even DLC packs!

For example, Resident Evil 8's main image cover is different from it's Winters Expansion DLC: 

Le24f4c.png  Lfd6a00.png

...and I'd be fine with a person using either (or both) of those in their rainbow, as long as both separate lists were "finished" within the event timeline!

The only thing I'd say is, ideally, I'd like people to maybe discover some good games through this event, so it would certainly be more fun if most of the games someone picks would be at least something worth saying a little something about.

No one has to write anything about their games, (and I'm not asking for a 5000 word opus!), but ideally, a quick couple sentences saying whether they liked the game, and if they recommend it would be awesome for everyone else to discover some good games... or avoid any stinkers! ?

As far as trophy practices go - anything is fair game -  Replays / Autopops... even Shovelware if that's your thing... 

... and I could totally imagine someone needing one or two final colours to fill out a rainbow, and using such games in a pinch... just... try to do it in moderation!

I certainly won't be "denying" games from inclusion for any of those things... 

...but the event is more about finding good games and having some fun, so if someone's full list was all games that are currently, say, filtered out by the site's Shovelware filters - that would be acceptable.... just a little silly!

As long as they are broadly within the colours, I'm not going to object to them...

...but in the end, events like this one are only as fun as people make them, so blasting through and getting the whole rainbow finished in a day with 16 "1-minute plats" is probably not going to be of much value to either the person doing it, or anyone else ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1