[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

Here's my list so far to start off 2023. I will undoubtedly be making some changes to this as some of the newer games start dropping later on in the year, but there's some on here I'm for sure going to wanna knock out. I feel like I've got a good variety of VIta, PS4, and PS5 games on my list and I'll probably end up swapping in a PS3 game at some point too just to have the full range of Playstation'ness.

S4pnH9R.png

• Like 2

Ooo what an interesting challenge. I can probably run this alongside my bingo challenge, too! Looking forward to playing :D 

EDIT: Here's my card. Some of the colors were a struggle and I'm not sure if some of them technically count as that color lol but these are subject to change, of course. This is what I'd like to do, but we'll see how it changes as time passes!

WCU8AWK.png

Spoiler
  • WHITE - Batman: The Telltale Series
  • YELLOW - Mass Effect
  • TAN - Bully 1/14
  • ORANGE - Sleeping Dogs
  • RED - Deadpool
  • PINK - Dirt 5
  • MAROON - Yakuza: Like A Dragon
  • PURPLE - Need for Speed Heat
  • DEEP PURPLE - Spyro the Dragon
  • BLUE - Horizon Zero Dawn
  • LIGHT BLUE - Cat Quest
  • GREEN - SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
  • LIGHT GREEN - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
  • BROWN - Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
  • GREY - Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The First Cases
  • BLACK - Lego The Hobbit

Edited by Annoyingtiger888
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I have made a little something for folks that are not very good with image editing software. It's is a simple webpage where you can set an image for every game, and then save the resulting list as a new image.

1. Click on Select for the color you want to add a game image for.
  2. Paste the image in the text field and click Set Image.
  3. Rinse and repeat.
  4. Click on Save image at the bottom of the page to save the resulting image to your computer.

Please note:

• This has only been designed for larger screens and not for phones.
  • It will also probably not work very well for PS5 game images.

I can look at that if desired. And feel free to report any bugs you may find.

That's a great little tool for folks!

(I'm out of rep, but owe you one!)

I can confirm, it does roughly work for PS5 images too - it stretches them a little, but still good, and will be very helpful for anyone not great with image editing - nice job!

I'll add a link in the OP! Thanks!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

So I've decided that there's NOTHING in my backlog that has a remotely green coloration...

I swear every game I want to work on is vaguely black, white, red, or blue

Also I realize Sakura Wars is mostly white but the game is SAKURA wars and the logo is pink, it's the best I got

Well I guess I can't show it off since all I'm getting is error messages every time I try to add a picture, give me some time on that

rC5xPvF.png

Edited by Alternatewarning
  • Like 1

colorp1.pngtrade1.png

• White(Grimmsnarl): Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (0%)
  • Yellow(Goomi): World of Final Fantasy (5%)
  • Tan(Cyclizar): Ni No Kuni Remastered (2%)
  • Orange(Donphan): Disgaea 4+ Complete (0%)
  • Red(Tarantoula): LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (12%)
  • Pink(Flamigo): Disgaea 5 (62%)
  • Maroon(Rotom): Dragon Quest XI S (5%)
  • Purple(Sneasel): Queen's Quest 3 (0%)
  • Deep Purple(Foongus): Teslagrad (0%)
  • Blue(Bisharp): Rogue Galaxy (0%)
  • Light Blue(Orthwurm): Storm Boy (0%)
  • Green(Hoppip): Queen's Quest 4 (0%)
  • Light Green(Marill): Queen's Quest 2 (0% => 100% :platinum:)
  • Brown(Krokorok): Warlock's Tower (0%)
  • Grey(Toedscool): TOEM (0%)
  • Black(Oricorio - Balle Form): A game from Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix

So I just completed my first game. I intend to complete two more today(aka the other Queen';s Quest games), but this first one is annoying. It has a couple of bugs that I was warned about, but once again I forgot not to open the witch's letter so I had to reload my backup save and redo a ton of stuff. But i got through it before I had to go grocery shopping for the New Year, so... oh yeah, happy New Year's to anyone who celebrates it!

Another rule I put on my challenge was that if I earned a platinum in one of the games I have to Surprise Trade(Wonder Trade for you people who played Gen 6 or Gen 7) the Shiny Pokemon representing that color, so my margarita green Marill called Queen 2 was banished and replaced with a normal Bonsly. Funny enough, as I showed in the thread, I caught a Shiny Sudowoodo and almost used it. xD

Don't worry, half of the games will be completed this first week... but the REST are going to take the entire year due to them being JRPGs with considerable achievements. I expect FFXII and the Kingdom Hearts to take the entire year alone. :D

• Like 3

Not gonna lie, I was a bit dubious about my abilities to get to grips with Photoshop (or whatever you technically-minded people use), so @pinkrobot_pb may just be my favourite human right now. Absolute diamond.

First colour down is Light Green with Dragon Age: Inquisition. I've spent a good amount of the last 20 minutes looking at the zoomed-in image seriously overthinking this one and ended up semi-convincing myself that the dominant colour on show is actually white, but I've now decided there's enough of a light green tinge to the picture to count it. Of course, the clouds/wisps/whatever are definitely light green, so the whole issue is irrelevant really. As you were.

Kaleidoscope.png

• Like 3

Hope It's not too late to join still...

I need to start being more active again....

Doc..... I've got a confession to make, and not in a Foo Fighters way..... I meant to join this weeks ago..... But you know, I feel a bit of a rubbish friend for taking so long to join..... So like the filthy Star Wars nerd that I am.....

.......... Late to the party as ever.... :facepalm:xD

LpgR.gif

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

So I've decided that there's NOTHING in my backlog that has a remotely green coloration...

I swear every game I want to work on is vaguely black, white, red, or blue

Also I realize Sakura Wars is mostly white but the game is SAKURA wars and the logo is pink, it's the best I got

Maybe we can make recommendations for green icons that you might like? It doesn't have to be a backlog game, I'm just using games from my backlog to clean it up.

1 hour ago, rjkclarke said:

Hope It's not too late to join still...

I need to start being more active again....

Doc..... I've got a confession to make, and not in a Foo Fighters way..... I meant to join this weeks ago..... But you know, I feel a bit of a rubbish friend for taking so long to join..... So like the filthy Star Wars nerd that I am.....

.......... Late to the party as ever.... :facepalm:xD

LpgR.gif

Don't worry too much about it. Speaking of Star Wars nerdism, check out my red game. ;)

My first colour has been completed! 

? GREEN ?

La132d1.png

I've been playing this game on and off since it was released back in 2020. I was a massive fan of the Bullfrog games back in my childhood, Theme Park and Theme Hospital were some of my favourite games. Although my child brain didn't fully understand the nuances of simulation games like balancing the finances ?. When I saw Two Point Hospital I just knew I had to get it, and I was super happy it came out on console (I'm not really a PC gamer). I really enjoyed this game, its quirky humour, the silly illnesses and treatment names. Each new level throws something a bit different at you to obtain your 3 star objectives, but once you get the hang of it there's nothing really that difficult. Except Camouflage Falls, that level can get in the bin! ???

Everyone is off to a great start already ?. Here's to more colourful games and beautiful rainbows ?

Edited by Heather342
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Assuming from your trophy list that you're into RPGs: Bug Fables, Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition, and Ys: Memories of Celceta are all worth looking into. Tales of Symphonia as well if you're in the mood for something longer. The PS5 list of Final Fantasy VII Remake might also work, though I'll admit I sometimes have trouble telling where green ends and blue begins (I'm not colorblind, just semantically challenged).

I'll also add some quality non-RPG greens in case I was off-base: Transistor, Psychonauts 2, Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, Donut County, and Gravity Rush Remastered are all great options.

So my plans for the Black game. I said it would be a Kingdom Hearts game from the 1.5+2.5 Remix edition that I downloaded onto PS5. The trick here is that I am adding in some motivation to get me into the Kingdom Hearts spirit... by going to Disneyworld this summer. ^_^

Yes, it is expensive and I will probably not be able to book a hotel in the summer months but my mom wants to go see his brother in Florida and offered to take me to Disneyworld for a couple of days so I will be spending half of each day touring the park and the evening playing the Kingdom Hearts game from this list to choke on Disney experiences. :P

I thought about marathoning the entire series but realized that a "couple of days" might mean 2 days minimum so I have to settle for one game, but which one would fit a Disneyworld explorer? Any thoughts? (PM me so we don't clog the thread with ideas.)