The digital versions will be removed from digital stores in September 23

CrazyPlatinum92

The game will remain available for purchase digitally between March 31, 2023 and September 30, 2023 and at retail while supplies last. No new digital purchases of the game will be available after September 30, 2023. 

Also mention anything from in-game currency to skins will be removed and skins will be free.

• Like 2

Reading an article here is what I can gather. The game will be playable offline and online even after the September 30th end of service date.

There is no new content coming to the game. No heroes, skins, events, or anything to support the game gameplay wise.

March 28th will be the last day balance patches will be considered and released.

March 31 will be the day all skins, nameplates, takedowns, emotes and marketplace items will be released to players for free.

September 30th is the day the game will officially end support in all capacities.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Damn, that sucks! This game has been on my list since its release but I just haven't gotten around to getting it. There's a story mode, right? It's not just an online-only game? I hope it goes on sale before then, but I'll still try and get it because it's still a game I want to experience for myself.

The Plat is fully obtainable offline if you have the latest patch installed. I guess SE and CD have completely given up trying to right this sinking ship but considering how content drops dried up late last year, it's only a matter of time before support ceases completely and not even bug fixes are released any more.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

The game is playable offline, but you will need to update the game to access the new heroes and maps. 

It’s part of PSPlus Extra so that’s one way to go if that seems like a cheaper option. 

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Plat is fully obtainable offline if you have the latest patch installed. I guess SE and CD have completely given up trying to right this sinking ship but considering how content drops dried up late last year, it's only a matter of time before support ceases completely and not even bug fixes are released any more.

Nice, thanks for the information :D 

3 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I think this will always be the case for GaaS -- they all die young. First Babylon's Fall, and now this.

I can only hope Suicide Squad won't go down that path.

SE have a bad record when it comes to GaaS failures, plus it really wouldn't surprise me if Outriders gets the chop before the year's out, because that was a massive flop as well and hasn't received any patches or content drops since last August.

• Like 1

I have the Collectors Edition for Ages here sitting to wait for play.

I mean the Story Kampagne Missions are okay. Only this GaaS System scuks the life and quality out of that Game.

Will this Game still be online and is this needed for Platinum at all to be online? Or is it just a Store removal that you not can buy it anymore?

2 minutes ago, Meikoro said:

I have the Collectors Edition for Ages here sitting to wait for play.

I mean the Story Kampagne Missions are okay. Only this GaaS System scuks the life and quality out of that Game.

Will this Game still be online and is this needed for Platinum at all to be online? Or is it just a Store removal that you not can buy it anymore?

The Plat is fully obtainable offline if you have the latest patch installed, plus all the story content was patched in for free AFAIK.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

March 31 will be the day all skins, nameplates, takedowns, emotes and marketplace items will be released to players for free.

So....they just released a $75 DLC pack with rare skins (Which is hilarious) this week, and they are making it all free in 2 months?

I stopped playing after the platinum. I don't know if I'll ever play as the Winter Soldier.

I understand development ending (surprised it didn't end with Spider-Man), but it's pretty stupid that it's getting digitally delisted already. And I'm sure production of discs for the game has already ended by now. 

Also, Spider-Man should be available on Windows and Xbox. It's stupid to keep the exclusivity. 

1 hour ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Damn, that sucks! This game has been on my list since its release but I just haven't gotten around to getting it. There's a story mode, right? It's not just an online-only game? I hope it goes on sale before then, but I'll still try and get it because it's still a game I want to experience for myself.

Yes there is and additional for black panther haven't seen what they aside from Spider-Man 

31 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

So....they just released a $75 DLC pack with rare skins (Which is hilarious) this week, and they are making it all free in 2 months?

I saw that when I looking once the currency was being removed some skins are free if your a plus member 

30 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Maybe they just didn't know about everything becoming free at the time? They could have thought this would happen closer to the end of the year.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

glad to hear this because i was worry i have to rush to platinum this.

• Like 1

Bought this for 30$ a year (or two) ago and never touched it... suppose I'll check it out now that I'm waiting on Hogwarts with nothing else on my plate. Not against a mindless grind, can just watch a bunch of TV / Movies will I grind it out. Even if the Plat is obtainable offline as someone mentioned, I wouldn't trust it past the closure date.