EA is looking into more Dead Space remakes - Update: Dead Space 2 remake cancelled/shelved

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Haven't played the Dead Space remake yet because I'm waiting for a price drop, but I'd love to see the other games get remade and eventually a new game(s) as well!

no disrespect bro but if you want to see more remakes, start buying them. because if you don't you might not. 

3 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Remake DS3 then and make it a horror this time. 

best comment on this site. 

dead space 2 certainly deserves a remake, and they could just abolish half of ds3s dumbass storyline and pointless area trudgefest and make it a great atmospheric game. 

i love the dead space remake, spent a fair few weeks playing it on and off now, i love the work Motive have done.. but now they are working on a iron man licensed game. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

no disrespect bro but if you want to see more remakes, start buying them. because if you don't you might not. 

best comment on this site. 

dead space 2 certainly deserves a remake, and they could just abolish half of ds3s dumbass storyline and pointless area trudgefest and make it a great atmospheric game. 

i love the dead space remake, spent a fair few weeks playing it on and off now, i love the work Motive have done.. but now they are working on a iron man licensed game. 

I agree. With you. People that buys or waits for a sale on expensive to make games.  Annoys me... Thats why it prob wont me be another days gone... Because alot of ppl bought it on sale

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Some people can't afford to be paying £70 for a game nowadays. 

This^

Usually I'll just wish list a game and wait for a deep sale if it's something I'm interested in, since most are overpriced, overrated bugfests these days but if I'm really psyched for a game, I'll push the boat out and spend the extra cash if it's above the £40-50 mark.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I can afford it, it's just that I'd rather pay the usual premium price on an entirely new game rather than a remake of a fifteen year old one.

Didn't expect to get lectured over it by a bunch of randos. lol

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

Certainly Dead Space 2 will follow now for Dead Space 3 i don't share the opinion of the other users. The only issue i have with 3 is some gameplay elements not the story, the narrative was fantastic and answer key elements of the pilot like: Why" The Marker project" was terminated along with the erasure of the data by the  Sovereign Colonies following the completion of "Scenario 5" and don't forget the key phrase of series " Make us whole".

3 hours ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

Certainly Dead Space 2 will follow now for Dead Space 3 i don't share the opinion of the other users. The only issue i have with 3 is some gameplay elements not the story, the narrative was fantastic and answer key elements of the pilot like: Why" The Marker project" was terminated along with the erasure of the data by the  Sovereign Colonies following the completion of "Scenario 5" and don't forget the key phrase of series " Make us whole".

I've replayed DS3 recently actually and it's... Comical with its high speed necromorphs that look like they had an original animation, but the speed of it was turned to 200%, looks like a cartoon. Or the amount of them, which turns most encounters into a spend tons of ammunition - pick up tons of ammunition loop. It's not a bad, as in really terrible game, but it's just a shadow of what Dead Space is. It's a DS version of Resident Evil 6 - both are just mediocre games that simply suck as a sequel in their respective franchises. 

I'm pretty sure we'll see a DS2 remake and I'm honestly hoping for a DS3 remake, but a remake that would actually make it feel like it's actually Dead Space and not just a random shooter. A lot more work to do that, so I'm not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

Remake 2. Re-do 3 or make a new entry. Also make Extraction into a not on rails entry.

11 hours ago, DaivRules said:

That’s always been true. And those people can hope for more remakes but can’t expect or complain they want more if they’re not willing to show the right support at the right time. 

Buying stuff multiple years and discounts later send the message of exactly how much they value the games they’re playing. 

Thats why i buy day 1! Plus i get major perks ha

Edited by Infected Elite

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

I've replayed DS3 recently actually and it's... Comical with its high speed necromorphs that look like they had an original animation, but the speed of it was turned to 200%, looks like a cartoon. Or the amount of them, which turns most encounters into a spend tons of ammunition - pick up tons of ammunition loop. It's not a bad, as in really terrible game, but it's just a shadow of what Dead Space is. It's a DS version of Resident Evil 6 - both are just mediocre games that simply suck as a sequel in their respective franchises. 

I'm pretty sure we'll see a DS2 remake and I'm honestly hoping for a DS3 remake, but a remake that would actually make it feel like it's actually Dead Space and not just a random shooter. A lot more work to do that, so I'm not holding my breath. 

Thanks for the reminder!! That was my issue, that some enemy types like the Fodder(that use two axes) always rush at stun lock you.

22 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I know alota people that are minted with cash, that is still waiting for a sale.... An they are still waiting for a sale on games... 

Or if you dont have the money.. Save up for it in advance... Instead of commentin like 2 years in advance your gonna wait for a sale... 

14 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Remake 2. Re-do 3 or make a new entry. Also make Extraction into a not on rails entry.

Thats why i buy day 1! Plus i get major perks ha

Yeah major perks like broken trophies, game breaking glitches where the devs rushed out the product but didn't bug test it before. The days of pre-ordering games are long gone. Now I wait for a sale when the game has been patched to death and is actually playable. I don't care what the commenter here think. Its my money I'm not wasting 70 quid on a broken product. 

• Like 3

On 2/25/2023 at 10:34 AM, NorthPaul93 said:

Dead Space 2 deserves a remake, while DS 3 should be a complete reimagining.

This I can agree with, while most times re-imaginings are not that great this is one of those where it can be a massive improvement. 

I would also like to see Dead Space (the mobile game) get either a remaster or a remake. A remaster of that one would probably be fine, just clean it up a bit and tweak the controls.

• Like 1

I really hope they don't go with the original idea of "dark Isaac" in Dead Space 3 as that always seemed stupid to me. I also hope they retain some of the co-op elements from 3, especially perceiving events differently. 

Either way, I am glad they are looking into this. I love Dead Space.

Just hope the don't bring back any kind of co-op for DS3 remake, really disliked how they basically blocked off certain areas in the game if you were playing single player.