New Ghostwire: Tokyo update coming this April

TheStark700

18 minutes ago, wrecktr_spectr said:

At the 2:54 min mark when the video is showing the Job catalog it says 0/89 at the top but in the list there's a job for completing all jobs with 0/88. I hope the no damage run is the one not included making it an optional job. Still its going to be a grind looks like. If the no damage run is mandatory I hope you can use cloud saves. Not looking forward to doing that without them.

Well spotted, I looked over that one! Would be nice if thats the case because doing bosses no hit in this game sound like torture :D 

There will surely be a method to save between floors (maybe at the cat) so you can exit the game and upload a save. Fingers crossed for tmr! 

8 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Are we sure that these new jobs in the catalogue are even part of the new trophies. I maybe missing it but I don’t see a “complete all new jobs” in the achievements list. I see nekomata jobs but wasn’t that something different?

Well the throphy/achievement is called:

"Catalog Conqueror

STU: Complete all nekomata jobs in "The Spider's Thread" mode."

and the video refers to a catalogue so I guess it will be that but we don't have enough info at this point.... . 

Then again steam achievements are not always = to throphy's so it might not even be part of the update?

Edited by Laozuli
spelling

45 minutes ago, wrecktr_spectr said:

At the 2:54 min mark when the video is showing the Job catalog it says 0/89 at the top but in the list there's a job for completing all jobs with 0/88. I hope the no damage run is the one not included making it an optional job. Still its going to be a grind looks like. If the no damage run is mandatory I hope you can use cloud saves. Not looking forward to doing that without them.

I would assume that means "complete the other 88 jobs" because it itself is the 89th job, similar to how platinum means "get all other trophies." And yeah, cloud saves are going to be a life saver here, but roguelikes usually don't let you save & exit midway through a run. Not looking good.

56 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Not looking good.

That job description does not look good AT ALL! It seems so completely at odds with the rest of the game that doesn’t require you to do anything particularly challenging or have any difficulty specific requirements!?

I can only hope there is some sort of level skip in the gauntlets where you can shortcut past levels, or some ability to save progress at various points, because expecting you to do 30 levels in a row without any saves & without ever taking a single hit is so outrageously unreasonable & the opposite of fun, I have no words for it!!?

Edited by smudgedhorizon

I did some reading on the twitter page and it mentions there is a new dodge mechanic and a perfect parry. 

Sooo it might not be too bad if we can combine the parry ability with gear that extends the window. Still this is pure speculation but I'm sure we will find a way to tackle it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

I did some reading on the twitter page and it mentions there is a new dodge mechanic and a perfect parry. 

Sooo it might not be too bad if we can combine the parry ability with gear that extends the window. Still this is pure speculation but I'm sure we will find a way to tackle it. 

I really hope so! I absolutely hate rogue mechanics, so I was already dreading this dlc! I also absolutely hate when games release difficult content like a whole year after you played it, when you don’t remember how to play it at all! But yeh, requiring a perfect no hit run of 30 floors is sooooo far beyond hate for me hahaha it’s just evil?

2 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

I dunno, the task says "Complete the 30th floor without ever taking damage on any floor along the way." Unless it's been changed, that sure sounds like a hitless run to me.

Hopefully it's not. The use of the word "any" makes me hopeful that you just have to have one hitless floor on any floor from 1 to 30, not all floors. And the task won't be completed until you finish floor 30.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Hopefully it's not. The use of the word "any" makes me hopeful that you just have to have one hitless floor on any floor from 1 to 30, not all floors. And the task won't be completed until you finish floor 30.

I hadn’t actually thought about it being read that way! Maybe it is just a clumsy phrasing. Oh god I’m now PRAYING you’re right because one perfect floor on a successful 30 floor run is a far more reasonable ask. 30 perfect no hit floors sounds close to impossible.

11 minutes ago, smudgedhorizon said:

I hadn’t actually thought about it being read that way! Maybe it is just a clumsy phrasing. Oh god I’m now PRAYING you’re right because one perfect floor on a successful 30 floor run is a far more reasonable ask. 30 perfect no hit floors sounds close to impossible.

That's what i was talking about, not every floor , Just One floor random during the 30 floor run. That's more manageable. The dlc Is available tomorrow on PSN?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

That's what i was talking about, not every floor , Just One floor random during the 30 floor run. That's more manageable. The dlc Is available tomorrow on PSN?

Definitely more manageable, I really hope you’re right!!?? It says it’s out April 12th, it’s already that here now (UK time 00:22) so no idea what time to expect it. Tbh I expected the dlc trophies to scan in before now. 

• Like 1

Update is indeed out, I'm on the east coast, NA. New mode is accessible from the main menu, and I got a ton of pop-ups loading back into my completed save. It automatically unlocked a good bit of stuff like the new charge spells, and added new spirits / quests seemingly. Hopefully those missions in the rogue mode aren't too bad.

Edited by Tunnel1ngEffect

9 hours ago, wrecktr_spectr said:

Looking at that there is 88 jobs to do with the 89th being the one that asks you to do 88 jobs. Meaning its going to be included.

7 hours ago, Tunnel1ngEffect said:

Update is indeed out, I'm on the east coast, NA. New mode is accessible from the main menu, and I got a ton of pop-ups loading back into my completed save. It automatically unlocked a good bit of stuff like the new charge spells, and added new spirits / quests seemingly. Hopefully those missions in the rogue mode aren't too bad.

So, u tryed the rogue lite mode and it's not too bad? That's good to hear.

Edited by TenebraZero

2 minutes ago, domoenic said:

Seems that in spider's thread mode you can save when you reach the The Cat's Paw checkpoint areas which happens every 3 floors or so from what I've experienced, so this may make it easier to complete the no hit floor task with save backups.

Also, there is a prayer bead called Iron Beads that you can unlock where you can 1 shot all enemies, but in exchange you'll also die in one hit too (requires Synergy Level 50 though and 40 spirit threads so you'd need to grind a bit first).

Does that include the in-game save system? I pay PSPlus on my brothers (feel like it’s too late now to swith) account so I myself don’t have cloud save capability. 

if it’s true and turns out you can it won’t be that bad if it includes bosses. Learn enemy layout, beat 3 floors, save, repeat. 

6 minutes ago, domoenic said:

Seems that in spider's thread mode you can save when you reach the The Cat's Paw checkpoint areas which happens every 3 floors or so from what I've experienced, so this may make it easier to complete the no hit floor task with save backups.

Also, there is a prayer bead called Iron Beads that you can unlock where you can 1 shot all enemies, but in exchange you'll also die in one hit too (requires Synergy Level 50 though and 40 spirit threads so you'd need to grind a bit first).

1 shot all enemies is going to be incredibly useful. I haven't played the game in a while so I don't remember, are spirit threads new in this update or what?

22 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Does that include the in-game save system? I pay PSPlus on my brothers (feel like it’s too late now to swith) account so I myself don’t have cloud save capability. 

if it’s true and turns out you can it won’t be that bad if it includes bosses. Learn enemy layout, beat 3 floors, save, repeat. 

Yep it's a manual in-game save system for spider's thread mode, but you can only save when you are in The Cat's Paw area. If you die on other floors however, the game will auto-save when you are sent back to the first floor so people may want to rely on PS+ backups 

21 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

1 shot all enemies is going to be incredibly useful. I haven't played the game in a while so I don't remember, are spirit threads new in this update or what?

Yeah spirit threads are a new currency in spider's thread mode to unlock different prayer beads, you can find them on certain floors or by disassembling chaos beads.

Iron Beads will definitely make the mode a whole lot easier to get through, it just requires grinding up levels and spirit threads to unlock it. After playing for around 3 hours my synergy level is already 22 and I've collected around 16 spirit threads in total, although I didn't even realise until recently that you could disassemble chaos beads for spirit threads so I definitely could've had more 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, domoenic said:

Cheers for the info! Being able to backup save every 3 ish floors is something at least. I’m still holding out hope it means just one no hit floor??? 

Someone needs to reach the 30th floor with one no-hit floor so they can confirm or debunk the theory!