The future of Dreams (important message from Mm)

StarWolf3000

6 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I didn't really enjoy Dreams, so I'm happy to see them move on to a different project. It's really nice to see a dev that takes the time to ensure that trophies are obtainable after support ends. It really should be the standard for all studios to follow.

Media Molecules continuous involvement this long into Dreams release is a testament to what sets them apart from other studios. I'd like to see the standard practically anywhere in between the typical We-shipped-it-we're-done and what they have done here. However, if some studios could just ship a working game with no issues and no need for further dev involvement, I can get behind them moving on fairly quickly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I didn't really enjoy Dreams, so I'm happy to see them move on to a different project. It's really nice to see a dev that takes the time to ensure that trophies are obtainable after support ends. It really should be the standard for all studios to follow.

Yeh, it was a bit "meh" for me, too. Little Big Planet is the only other MM game I played back on PS3, and it was a magical experience. I found the balance of "game-ness" and user created elements was right. 

It's a real shame. I really liked the campaigns they made for the community, and the concept as a whole is cool, but I personally feel they should have created a "proper" game with enhanced creation tools than making these tools THE game. None of the content I ever played felt substantial or worth it, and after a week, it just had no real life in my opinion. Fell within that limbo of not being enough to really push the medium aside from some cool demos, but also felt they couldn't feasibly make it any more complicated for the average audience.

Perhaps I'm just not creative enough to appreciate it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, timpurnat said:

I never played the game and don't really know how it looks. But will platinum become more annoying in any way after they discontinue support in September? 

Nothing changes trophy wise, but they're switching to budget servers, so we might get another Bad Company. I recommend getting the platinum before September.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POMARANCZA123PL said:

Nothing changes trophy wise, but they're switching to budget servers, so we might get another Bad Company. I recommend getting the platinum before September.

Actually they are setting it up so you can still get the platinum.  Just the path to getting it will be a little bit different.  

They didn't seem to give this game the due it deserved.

I'm well aware the PS5 plays 99%+ of the PS4 games, but this could've used a native PS5 port and a PC port. 

I also don't know why they never made it a part of PS Now or PS Plus Extra. I can kind of understand it not being a monthly game, but that still would be cool. Heck, they should do it for May or June so that millions of players at least have the opportunity to play it for a few months before the big changes. 

• Like 3

Earned the plat last year , took me a while but i didn't mind because i loved to play other creations every other weekend.

I really liked thier Halloween story and main story mode that had a great cast of voice actors.

I hoped they would give us the MP mode they teased before launch but i guess sony didnt support them financially since the player base is too small .

Love the trophies adjustments for people that want to earn the plat in the future ? 

RIP DREAMS ?

Edited by shlomaniac
Non native English speaker sry
  • Like 1

Having just started on the game, I wonder what they will change Pop All The Bubbles trophy to since they are removing the prize bubbles. Part of the fun of Media Molecule's games are the prize bubbles so it'll feel weird not having it.

It also makes me wonder how much the prize bubbles are tied to the servers.

I also wonder if Kit Collage needs to be changed too.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Just now, whittle181 said:

So support for the title ends in September... will this make any of the trophies unobtainable?

The devs changed the requirements for the affected trophies so they would remain obtainable but in doing so, they broke one of the collectible trophies so the Plat is unobtainable until they fix the problem. In the interim, you can use the proxy server exploit to force the game back down to v2.50 and get the affected trophy there.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, that trophy is still broken :(.

This game has been sitting in my library for 2 years, it being on ps plus made me want to go back to it.  I think the game is really fun but it’s a shame that this trophy could be stopping everyone getting the game for free from obtaining the plat.

On 12/04/2023 at 5:42 AM, captsplatter said:

Actually they are setting it up so you can still get the platinum.  Just the path to getting it will be a little bit different.  

How so? Someone said in another thread that it is currently unobtainium.