Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 underway!

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

CWC Round 1 results

Master_Mayhem_ (49.2) v Reinachii- (29.7) v Zephyr-pt (79.8) v gazdavis11 (36.8) v AffectatiousDonk (30.0)

.3 of a point. That is all kind of fucked up. You simply can't deny it Jimmy Ryan always finds a way to screw someone........ total bullshit. Unlucky Sir

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

CWC Round 2 results

Master_Mayhem_ (80.0) v Zephyr-pt (64.0) v gazdavis11 (98.3) v AffectatiousDonk (153.5)

Zephyr-pt is the unfortunate victim of the second round! Congrats on your first CWC appearance, though! Nothing to scoff at :).

Now then, round 3. Beast Mayhem vs the Bronzies. Good luck everyone!

CWC Round 3

Master_Mayhem_  gazdavis11 v AffectatiousDonk

Approximate starting time: 2 hours and 5 minutes ago

It’s going to be a Valentine’s Day massacre.

For me not them lmao

• Like 3

CWC Round 3 Results:

Master_Mayhem_ (102) v gazdavis11 (78.1) v AffectatiousDonk (66.7)

@AffectatiousDonk meets his end in his sixth CWC and holds the record of the most entered without a win.

@Master_Mayhem_ is in his second consecutive CWC final, looking for back to back CWC wins, a rarity in itself and @gazdavis11 in his maiden CWC, could he be the first non league champion to win a CWC.

CWC Final Round: Master_Mayhem_ vs gazdavis11

Approximate time left: 20 hours and 5 minutes.

• Like 3

Congrats to Master_Mayhem & Gaz. Should be a good final. Hard to know who to pull for I hear Mayhem is a beast and Gaz literally epitomises the Sony Pony. 

I expect my name to go in the Leagues record book now as the biggest loser. You can put me right under a picture of my idol ole Jimmy Ryan.

Thanks to the admins for organising, everyone for playing and ole cowbear for keepin me somewhat honest although you better believe I slipped a few by you Sir. I look forward to extending my losing streak long into the future. See ya next season. Long live the Spam

Edited by AffectatiousDonk
  • Like 4

CWC Final Result!

Master_Mayhem_ (265.6) v gazdavis11 (26.1)

@Master_Mayhem_ wins consecutive CWC's being only the fourth competitor to do so and is showing his dominance in all aspects of the competition. @gazdavis11 sets a record as being the first second place Bronze competitor to get into the final round of the CWC, congrats for getting that far in your first season.

That has Season 38 coming to a close. It's been a wild ride and lots has happened. More on that later.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

Season 38 final results

Season 38 champion: Master_Mayhem_

Christmas Cup winner: AffectatiousDonk

Platinum League

Champion: Master_Mayhem_

Relegated: UGotHitByGunner, LucasV9991

Retired: NuclearManager

Gold League

Champion: Reinachii-

Promoted: Doylus91, Berendsapje, Havoc273

Relegated: stupid0089

Retired: Reinachii-, Mesopithecus

Silver League

Champion: Zephyr-pt

Promoted: Zephyr-pt, UltraDog177, ShinobiMonk, RedbeardRik

Relegated: Yunakia221

Retired: KPWCORE, xZoneHunter

Bronze League

Champion: AffectatiousDonk

Promoted: gazdavis11, UnboundedCash99, serrated-banner9, DEMONICRUBLE18, IrishNelly, freddie1989

Retired: AffectatiousDonk

That's another THL season wrapped up! This season was certainly interesting. Some monster scores were posted at the top leagues. Impressive stuff... Definitely a more quiet season in the lower leagues, but still with some exciting rivalries happening. Special shout-out to @gazdavis11 for a stunning performance in their first ever season in the league. Unfortunately not quite the match for Mr. Spam @AffectatiousDonk, but still an extremely impressive THL debut. Well done! :yay:

Huge thanks again to @Psy-Tychist for his help keeping this running and to @Froopy the Temmie for the great work on and support with the scoring bot :).

Tentative start date for season 39 is March 17th. This means that there's a slightly shorter break in-between seasons than usual, main reason for this being the long waiting list. I will try to make sure that everyone currently on the waiting list will be able to participate in season 39! :) 

For anyone who's not on the waiting list yet and interested in participating, sign-ups for season 39 are open so feel free to sign up!:D

Thanks for playing everyone! <3

6 people being promoted from Bronze to Sliver? might as well call Sliver Bronze-sliver league lol. @AffectatiousDonk retiring already? wasn't excepting that but ok. but on the bight side we will get a lot of new faces in Bronze. Good luck to everyone

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GT__Jedi said:

Unfortunately, my schedule has become a bit tight and I'll have to drop out of the event for Season 39.  Good luck to everyone!

Alrighty,  I'll take you off the list then. Hope to see you in action sometime in the future ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9-3-2023 at 0:29 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

With 9 days to go until the new season starts, I will share some records that I believe will either never be broken, or will be incredibly hard to break.

@NuclearManager has scored 3514.5pts over a season, the first person ever to break 3k. He also is the first person ever to score over 1,000pts in a single match with 1499.3pts. In the same match, the difference between his and the opposition (which was me) was 856.3pts which broke the record of highest victory by over 200pts. Even more incredibly, he completed the most Platinum trophies in a season at 34, 9 more than the previous record and scored a record shattering 20 platinums in one match.

@Pureproteinman scored 7 out of the top 10 scores in one season (Season 5).

@iSkyIa, @Boooda and @ApriIis shared all the spots in Season 30's top score list, the least amount of competitors to be in the top 10.

@AffectatiousDonk has the unceremonious record of winning 6 titles and not being crowned CWC champion. 

@blu3st4rdust305 has 100% of wins in CWC, 7 titles and 7 CWC wins. No-one has won more titles in THL history.

Just some insane stats over the last 38 seasons and I can't wait for the new season!

I love how I have a whole paragraph.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NuclearManager said:

I love how I have a whole paragraph.

Puts a big target on your back for next season... ?

But not from me, unfortunately I'm travelling for the first two fixtures so won't be very active, but looking forward to the new rarity bonuses this season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Looks like we are counting down to when I can embarrass myself publicly in this thread!

you will do fien, you only need to be in the top 2/3 of people to qualify

On 3/13/2023 at 0:57 AM, Lucas said:

Qualifier

On March 17th, the qualifier starts and lasts for one fixture-length (4 days). This round will feature all participants who were on the waiting list prior to this season. 9 participants will be fighting for the 6 available spots in the Bronze League this season. All regular THL rules apply. The only difference with a regular THL fixture is that this qualifier is a free-for-all. The goal is to score as many points as possible in the duration of the round to ensure qualification. At the end of the round, scores will be counted and the top 6 will go on to feature in the Bronze League this season. In the unlikely event of a tie, the participant with the rarest trophy earned during the round will advance. If no trophies are earned, the THL staff will pick a participant at random to advance.

League rule changes

As everyone undoubtedly knows, the 'trophy climate' has been changing rapidly in the past few years. The influence of 'trophy spam' games has also been noticeable on THL lately. In an attempt to somewhat diminish the extent to which these types of games can be exploited to obtain high scores in THL, two league rules have been altered.

Rarity bonus

The rarity bonusses have been updated:

Common - 1

Uncommon - from 1.3 to 1.5

Rare - from 1.5 to 3

Very rare - from 3 to 6

Ultra rare - from 6 to 9

Completion times

Previously, in order for a game to count towards your score it had to have a 50th completion time of at least 6 hours on the fastest achievers leaderboard. A new addition has been made to this rule. From now on, the game also has to have a 1st completion time of at least 1 hour on the fastest achievers leaderboard. Both of these criteria now have to be met for a game to count towards your score.

Additionally, the following rule has been slightly altered:

CWC

The syncing time during the CWC has been decreased from 2 hours to 1 hour. The syncing time during the main seasons has not been changed.

nice a point bonus for rare trophies, will definitely be using that lol. i guess the completion times change was to stop people playing games under 50 owners for the purpose of easy trophies/points right? the CWC time for trophies to sync don't bother me as i will probably find myself fighting to stay in sliver.

considering the qualifier starts tomorrow, we should probably start doing predictions.

personally it think i will finish 8th in sliver or just surviving and i think @freddie1989 and @IrishNelly will go down to bronze

2 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

you will do fien, you only need to be in the top 2/3 of people to qualify

nice a point bonus for rare trophies, will definitely be using that lol. i guess the completion times change was to stop people playing games under 50 owners for the purpose of easy trophies/points right? the CWC time for trophies to sync don't bother me as i will probably find myself fighting to stay in sliver.

considering the qualifier starts tomorrow, we should probably start doing predictions.

personally it think i will finish 8th in sliver or just surviving and i think @freddie1989 and @IrishNelly will go down to bronze

Good prediction dude, as always I have actually popped a plat between seasons and am now playing if lucky 1 hour a night. Guess I need to finish Stray during the qualifier as that's not eligible anyway HAHA

• Like 3