Barbie v Oppenheimer

LastMinuteSavior

Which one are you MORE excited to see?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you MORE excited to see?

• Barbie
    • Oppenheimer

Which one are you more excited to see?

vJ4r8imQ9piseO9ufCwsopBBWnZ.jpg   8Gxv8gSFCU0XGDykEGv7zR1n2ua.jpg

❗ Cast your vote regardless of whether you're planning to see it in a theatre or wait for the digital or physical release.

And feel free to elaborate on your preference.

I'm leaning towards Oppenheimer, but I'm very curious to see what Barbie is really about.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 3

Bot for sure.

Gonna see Oppenheimer first to get all the sad and devastating parts out first based on the reactions before transitioning into a fun mood in the evening for Barbie. Nolan's previous movie didn't impress me, but this will hopefully be better given that is based on real events unlike Tenet. Barbie could turn out to be Greta Gerwing's best movie. Her previous movies were decent, but very generic with the story and social commentary. I am excited for both so hopefully it's gonna be a lot of fun. 
INWCON on Twitter: "Finally!!! My Barbenheimer poster #Barbenheimer #Barbie  #Oppenheimer https://t.co/mmXWrj3whh" / Twitter

I want to see both since Barbie has Ryan Gosling in it but I will probably wind up seeing Oppenheimer since I want to see the scene where he looks at the camera and says "I can't believe the huge bomb I created caused a massive devastating explosion that killed millions. Kind of awkward but I guess I'm like some kind of destroyer of worlds now." followed by him shrugging and walking off camera.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

"I can't believe the huge bomb I created caused a massive devastating explosion that killed millions. Kind of awkward but I guess I'm like some kind of destroyer of worlds now." followed by him shrugging and walking off camera.

?

Pretty sure you have to be baked to watch that particular cut of the film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I probably won't see either one in theaters but I may watch Barbie down the road. (which is what I voted for)

basically this since theres no ‘neither’ option

but i didnt vote because i have no excitement for either films

Edited by Property_Damage

27 minutes ago, jh7459 said:

Various younger family members are very, very excited about Barbie...

Well, I hope "mommy" behaves this time ?

the_wolf_of_wall_street_86344333.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

... or it's going to be a very long and awkward drive home for families.

Seriously though, I have not watched the trailers for these movies, only the teasers, but I expect Barbie to at least be a bit sugestive at times.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

Barbie, for sure.

Gerwig is in ascension, Nolan peaked decades ago. She always has something interesting to say, whereas he and has been on a slow downswing since Memento, and has had pretty lacklustre fare in his last couple of movies.

I suspect both will be good, but only Barbie will be interesting.

• Like 1

Neither TBH. Can I say I'd rather watch the latest Mission: Impossible? 

Okay, even though I like an average Gerwig movie more than an average Nolan movie, I'll probably end up seeing Oppenheimer years later for the acting. "Yeah, but look, zero CGI". Yeah, yeah, shut up, Nolan.

A Barbie universe deconstruction doesn't sound too appealing to me, and I guess I'm not a Gosling fan enough to see it for the memes. Completely skipping unless people say it does something outstanding.

• Like 2

There’s actually an odd symmetry in these films coming out at the same time, given the subject matters and the reputations of the directors.

Gerwig’s Barbie is almost guaranteed to be a cerebral and thoughtful film about a subject matter synonymous with style-over-substance…

…while Nolan’s Oppenheimer is almost guaranteed to be a completely style-over-substance film about a very cerebral and thoughtful subject matter.

• Like 1

God when was the last time i saw a film?

Oppenheimer sounds interesting and i will most likely watch it at some point

Barbie on the other hand... probably never going to watch but if i did it would most likely be in my worst films of all time list.

maybe i'm being too hypercritical as i'm clearly not the target audience for Barbie but it's pretty much guaranteed to be a comedy that appeals to small children, like something you put on for the sole reason of entertaining your children while you do stuff.

33 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Gerwig’s Barbie is almost guaranteed to be a cerebral and thoughtful film about a subject matter synonymous with style-over-substance…

i know nothing about Barbie's director but i kind of find it hard to believe that it will take it self seriously