Final Fantasy mode is killing me

SacredOblivi8n

34 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

So basically your obsession with trophies has ruined the entire game for you. I feel like at that point it's time to stop trophy hunting.

It sometimes feels like its ruining gaming. Then i remember there are people opposite who only ever want to play a game once, and beat it as fast as possible because the new game is out next week! Consume consume consume!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SacredOblivi8n said:

This trophy is the worst trophy I have gone for in a long time.

The idiot who thought it was fun to put trophies for 2 playthroughs in a 40 hour game should be sued.

The story is way to big and the amount of enemies in FF mode is exhausting. 

The mode is not hard, just time consuming and more button mashing. The enemies are too spongy, and a semi-boss around every corner makes this mode a total nightmare.

I have been playing since day one and I am just now ready to take the final boss on FF mode, like seriously, I never saw the end of the tunnel and I had to stop playing many times because my fingers started to hurt after sessions with constant button mashing.

When I finaly achieve the platina, I will never play this drag of a game ever again.

A shame really, cause the first playthrough where one of my best gaming experience and after doing FF mode I hate the game.

Multple playthrough trophies are better if added later on when people have time to cool down and experience the fun over again after a while. Right after the previous run is just exhausting. I am totaly burned out now.

Sounds like you need to take off a few timely rings. Your fingers will thank you and you might get less boredom...

Unfortunately you are also at the end boss so that might be too late...

While I do agree with you that a few more trophies along the way in FF mode might have made the journey better, I also agree with the comments about your decision to trophy hunt... there are a lot worse trophies out there

56 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

So basically your obsession with trophies has ruined the entire game for you. I feel like at that point it's time to stop trophy hunting.

This game actually made me stop trophy hunting lol
I was already burned out from hunting but playing this mode was the final nail in the coffin.

3 hours ago, SacredOblivi8n said:

The idiot who thought it was fun to put trophies for 2 playthroughs in a 40 hour game should be sued.

The mode is not hard, just time consuming and more button mashing. The enemies are too spongy, and a semi-boss around every corner makes this mode a total nightmare.

I have been playing since day one and I am just now ready to take the final boss on FF mode, like seriously, I never saw the end of the tunnel and I had to stop playing many times because my fingers started to hurt after sessions with constant button mashing.

When I finaly achieve the platina, I will never play this drag of a game ever again.

A shame really, cause the first playthrough where one of my best gaming experience and after doing FF mode I hate the game.

Multple playthrough trophies are better if added later on when people have time to cool down and experience the fun over again after a while. Right after the previous run is just exhausting. I am totaly burned out now.

I actually love that they did this and hope they do it again

Can’t Say That i agree… I started my FF mode yesterday and played for like 8 Hours straight and i can’t say that i hate it. Its ofcourse not as fun as the first playtrough, but to go and hate the game cause of it???? Even if your first playtrough was one of your best gaming experiences… That’s juist really sad in my opinion. Maybe if you are like thuis you should play Some otter games in between and come back later of just stop with trophy hunting al together. 

6 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Exaclty it’s Crazy people think like this..

1 hour ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

I've only played through the Garuda fight so far in FF Mode, but fights against mobs basically just boil down to building up Zantetsuken Lv. 5 (Dancing Steel + accessory to bump that skill's Zantetsuken buildup by 25%) and ending the fight immediately. Fights against mini-bosses haven't felt that much longer to me, but that might change later on.

If not for the insta-kill aspect of Zan Lv. 5, I could see this mode being far more tedious and annoying.

precisely What i’m doing ?

5 hours ago, Clennx said:

This game actually made me stop trophy hunting lol
I was already burned out from hunting but playing this mode was the final nail in the coffin.

Thats really sad bro….

5 hours ago, OnlyCass said:

It sometimes feels like its ruining gaming. Then i remember there are people opposite who only ever want to play a game once, and beat it as fast as possible because the new game is out next week! Consume consume consume!!!

I did this back in the day…. Im so glad i moved on from this and take the time to enjoy games more!!!

Edited by SaiyanSenshi

A good way to make a second playthrough less boring I found was to stream the game via Remote Play. If you've got a tablet, or a Steam Deck in my case, stream the game to that and stick some TV on. Makes everything go by much faster :)

7 hours ago, SacredOblivi8n said:

Dude, I feel you. I stopped playing the game three weeks ago now in only my first play through. I don’t know exactly what it is but something between being bored almost immediately by the characters and story and the fights just feeling overly long with no real skill required or any real threat of jeopardy of losing a fight.....well I dunno.....I just stopped playing it and haven’t played anything else for nearly three weeks. It’s just kind of halted meplaying on the PlayStation, stopped me dead in my tracks. Probably because I’m someone who feels uncomfortable playing more than one game at a time, but yeah, this game has completely uninspired me so far. The fact you need to play it twice for the plat is soul sapping to think about :( 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoeNDM said:

A good way to make a second playthrough less boring I found was to stream the game via Remote Play. If you've got a tablet, or a Steam Deck in my case, stream the game to that and stick some TV on. Makes everything go by much faster :)

Only if it’s not a really hard game ofcourse ? Or maybe you can in you’re a god ???

I see many people here commenting on obsession with trophies, I am normally not like this, I have games that I have platinumed where I needed a few months/years to finish.

But this one was special. I am on my 99th platina and making this game my 100th milestone platina.

I wanted it to be this one because Final Fantasy is what got me into gaming way back on the PS1 era, so this one is special to me.

If not I would ofcourse take long brakes.

Edited by SacredOblivi8n
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Trophy hunting absolutely does make the gaming experience worse in the moment no matter what, I'd say. It will affect my mindset, even if only a little, it's in the back of your mind knowing that you have to do trophy cleanup after completing a game where you don't even have to worry about missables or anything like that.

But I simply do care about trophies (I'm not someone who needs 100% trophy completion or to plat every game- it's case by case how I feel about a game. There are times when I intend to go for a plat and will reverse course and accept that, it depends.) 

Sadly, I don't usually don't do half measures, so if I were to make myself stop caring about trophy hunting altogether then I wouldn't be able to care about the game at all. It's a chain reaction of "well, this doesn't matter so why does this matter" and so on. And lately my depression makes the motivation to play games at all difficult in the first place. And trophy hunting ping pongs between making the motivation even lower due to the chore of it and increasing the motivation due to there being more a solid goal to get behind. I don't fucking know haha.

Of course, this is entirely personal to me and my particular mental illnesses lol.

12 hours ago, SacredOblivi8n said:

I see many people here commenting on obsession with trophies, I am normally not like this, I have games that I have platinumed where I needed a few months/years to finish.

But this one was special. I am on my 99th platina and making this game my 100th milestone platina.

I wanted it to be this one because Final Fantasy is what got me into gaming way back on the PS1 era, so this one is special to me.

If not I would ofcourse take long brakes.

I understand, I wanted this game to be one of my milestones too. I intended it to be platinum #70.

But playing the game twice back to back, with the second playthrough consisting of practically skipping everything and just playing to get rid of the game, it's just a massive chore. I enjoy trophy hunting but I try to make it as less of a chore as possible. Given the rumors about a potential DLC for the game, I'll just wait for it to release so that I can play everything, plus the new content, in Hard mode and get 100% completion in a single run.

You said you had one of the best gaming experiences but now you hate the game... because of a single trophy. Sure, you wanted the milestone, but you could have played other games; either PS games (ones without platinum, or something you could beat but without getting the platinum) or in a different platform... I dunno, in the end it's your choice, just don't let trophies ruin an otherwise enjoyable experience.

20 hours ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

I've only played through the Garuda fight so far in FF Mode, but fights against mobs basically just boil down to building up Zantetsuken Lv. 5 (Dancing Steel + accessory to bump that skill's Zantetsuken buildup by 25%) and ending the fight immediately. Fights against mini-bosses haven't felt that much longer to me, but that might change later on.

If not for the insta-kill aspect of Zan Lv. 5, I could see this mode being far more tedious and annoying.

Same here! I just reached Ash continent and can tell you that it didn't change... I do Heaven's cloud followed immediately by dancing steel = Zantetsuken lv5! No accessory needed!

Mini bosses (and bosses) are all about throwing Tornado followed by Diamond Dust takes half stagger bar or more > Deadly takedown then I throw Judgment bolt followed by (sometimes limit break before) Gigaflare (get staggered before or during depending on the mini boss) > HC + DS > Zantetsuken lv5. If he is not dead by then I start building Megaflare while waiting for cooldowns... rince and repeat...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Same here! I just reached Ash continent and can tell you that it didn't change... I do Heaven's cloud followed immediately by dancing steel = Zantetsuken lv5! No accessory needed!

Mini bosses (and bosses) are all about throwing Tornado followed by Diamond Dust takes half stagger bar or more > Deadly takedown then I throw Judgment bolt followed by (sometimes limit break before) Gigaflare (get staggered before or during depending on the mini boss) > HC + DS > Zantetsuken lv5. If he is not dead by then I start building Megaflare while waiting for cooldowns... rince and repeat...

Thank u! I have my own strategy that looks a lot like yours, but i’ll try this one today. Maybe yours is even better ?

Mode should have been available from the start. Gameplay wise I find it more enjoyable, but that's completely negated by the fact that I'm speeding through it for a second playthrough I don't really want to do. My first playthrough I found the gameplay boring and dull due to how easy they made it even on "action" mode. ?‍? I don't understand Devs.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2