What Games Do You Have Pre-Ordered?

Parker

14 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

At the risk of repeating everything else I said in my last post... if everyone penny pinched and waited months or years to buy games on sale, the industry would simply cease to be.

That's nothing but industry propaganda! The video games industry is the by far biggest and most profitable entertainment industry in the world. GTA V alone made about 6 billion Dollars in revenue! FIFA 18 sold more than 24 million copies. And even niche products such as visual novels are profitable. Companies come and go. Remember Acclaim? Remember Bizarre Creations? Remember Neversoft? All of them were hugely successful but are long gone. It's not my problem if they were too incompetent to stay alive. I don't pay money for buggy, incomplete games. Imagine going to a bakery. Instead of getting a baked bread, all you get is the dough.

Edited by El Duderino

26 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

The video games industry is the by far biggest and most profitable entertainment industry in the world.

Sigh...

Yes, because of the people fronting that money.  Not the guy regularly waiting for the 90% off sale two years after a games release.  We want the gaming industry to be profitable, otherwise these great games you're waiting to play would never be made in the first place.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreakon13 said:

Yes, because of the people fronting that money.  Not the guy waiting for the 90% off sale two years after a games release.

I never said that. All I said was that I do not purchase unfinished games. If publishers would stop putting out beta versions, well, I'd buy games at launch again. But since there are way too many fools out there that simply don't understand the power of their purchasing behaviour, companies will take advantage of that. Your entire statement is a proof to that. You're brainwashed, kid. Wake up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Two sides of the same coin.

Not, it is not. I pre-ordered Zelda: Ocarina of Time back in 1998. I received a complete game. If I would pre-order the next installment of my beloved Borderlands franchise, I would be yelling at the screen over bugs, freezes and other crap. It's the fault of the industry, not mine. They know they'll get away with it because of people like YOU! And that's my final statement to this topic. Again, wake up. It's kinda embarrassing to see a 32 year old adult being that naive...

Edited by El Duderino

15 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Not, it is not. I pre-ordered Zelda: Ocarina of Time back in 1998. I received a complete game. If I would pre-order the next installment of my beloved Borderlands franchise, I would be yelling at the screen over bugs, freezes and other crap. It's the fault of the industry, not mine. They know they'll get away with it because of people like YOU! And that's my final statement to this topic. Again, wake up.

Do you honestly believe if *everyone* took a hard stance against buying any game at launch... that it'd actually help things?  It'd be a freakin' disaster.

EDIT:

15 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

It's kinda embarrassing to see a 32 year old adult being that naive...

Cute.

You might want to check your math again.

Edited by Dreakon13

the last game I pre-ordered was Crash Bandicoot and that was only because it wasn't the Super Duper Ultimate Gold Diamond edition for £500 where you get a Crash figure, Crash avatar, Crash toilet roll etc. I would rather wait a few month and pick it up cheaper and when they have patched out all the stupid bugs and glitches they couldn't be bothered to fix before the rushed release.

Current pre-orders on games: 

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Limited Edition 

FETH_LimitedEdition_EN.jpg

Pre-orders on hardware: 

Nintendo Switch Lite Zacian & Zamazenta Edition 

HAC_Lite_HW_PokSwordShield_EN.jpg

Soon also pre-ordering The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Limited Edition once my favorite retailer adds it to their selection. 

HAC_TLoZLA_BundleBeautyShot_UKV.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Does the PC Engine mini count? I got mine preordered thru AmazonJP. It has 50 games built in with such classics like Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Snatcher, Soldier Blade, Ys Book I & II, R-Type and Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire 1f60d.png

PC-Engine-mini_copyright.jpg

It has games inside so it might count as games pre-ordered ??

• Like 1