PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium September 2023

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate September 2023's PS+ Extra lineup  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Rate September 2023's PS+ Extra lineup

2. 2. Rate September 2023's PS+ Premium lineup

3. 3. Which game are you most interested in?

• NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
    • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
    • Star Ocean The Divine Force
    • Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
    • Unpacking
    • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
    • Planet Coaster: Console Edition
    • This War of Mine: Final Cut
    • Cloudpunk
    • Contra: Rogue Corps
    • Tails Noir
    • Call of the Sea
    • West of Dead
    • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    • PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls
    • Star Ocean First Departure R
    • Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    • Star Ocean: The Last Hope – 4K & FHD Remaster
    • Dragon’s Crown Pro

After seeing the extra lineup there's zero justification for the pricehike. I might be a little picky and quality will rise in the coming months who knows, I hope so.

My subscription runs until next summer so that at least gives me some leeway in seeing any substantial improvement, until I'm forced to make a decision.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I saw a rumor of a State of Play / PlayStation streaming event in relation to the PS+ price hike.

It's disappointing but not surprising to me there are no PS1/2/3 classics here.

If that rumor is correct, I'm guessing things are held back for that event and when they flip the switch on their new emulation software. We will see. Hopefully soon. 🤞🏻

State of Play confirmed for tomorrow.

Didn't find a thread

Unpacking and cloudpunk were on my wish list.

never heard of tails noir and call of the sea, but they look cool. 

already own Civ 6 and planet coaster

overall not a very good month if you don’t play many RPG, but I can’t complain with 2 games off the wish list 

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_
  • Like 1

Extra:

-NieR i'm not typing all that shit - I played the other one, whatever it was called, for the cheap platinum since it was only up for a short while. And while it was kinda neat in parts, I ultimately didn't find it interesting enough to work through another one. Pass.

-Star Ocean: The Divine Force - ....maybe, I don't know. My last interaction with Star Ocean was Till the End of Time at release and I wasn't really impressed with it. Slow, plodding, predictable. I'll look into it. I'm a different person now than I was then, maybe the series will be more appealing to me now.

-13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - I'm really selective about tactical games. It's pretty, anyway. Will think on it.

-Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Another maybe. I think I have this one Steam and things like this are always better on PC. Likely pass.

-Sniper Ghost Bang Bang Shooting - Not my kind of game, pass.

-Unpacking - I played this on Game Pass a year or two ago. It's good. Much more story heavy than the trailers imply. In that there is a story and it's not just puzzle set pieces. Really feel like this would be a pain to play with a controller. On the will download list.

-Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - I never got around to picking up the original Odin Sphere. Was always on my list in the PS2 days, but always passed it up. I'm down for finally trying it. Mid on the high interest list.

-Planet Coaster: Console Edition - Have non-console edition on Steam, would rather play it there. Pass.

-This War of Mine: Final Cut - Tried this one PC during the original release, didn't grab me. Willing to try it again. Low end of mild interest list.

-Cloudpunk - Was sure I already had a copy of this somewhere, but I believe there was title confusion with Cloudbuilt. Anyway, speedrun stuff isn't normally my jam. But this is another title I'm willing to be proven wrong on. High end of the low interest list, will look into it more when I have time.

-Contra: Rogue Corps - Hoo, hum. I wish I had more patience these days for games like this. I really want to, but just the thought of having to spend hours is wearing me out. Shelved for now, contingent of mental energy.

-Tails Noir - Interesting. Main criticism is the story is long and doesn't end in a satisfactory way. I'm just a few days off Paradise Killer, I don't know if my psyche is ready for another rollercoaster with that many flat lines just yet. Shelved for now, while admitting I'll probably download it once it's out.

-Call of the Sea - Know the name, can't match it to anything in my head. *Googles* So it's another 'Myst for dummies' ordeal? I'm down, will download.

-West of Dead - Oh, I remember this from the Devolver Digital Expo game. Looks good, but it all depends on the specifics behind the controls as to if I'm interested. The things are murder on a controller. Ron Pearlman is nice. Does the game contain more of him making vaguely threating tiktoks that come off as 'old man yells at clouds'? I could take or leave those.

-Star Ocean full stop, what I said above. This is a lot of long RPG to deal with and I'm not even sure if I'm down for one.

-PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls - Cheap platinum to play with the kid, but supposedly this one is harder? Shelved.

Classics:

-Star Ocean please stop. You're giving me five of these fucking things, this is a billion hours. I'm too old, I don't have enough years left in me for this shit. You know what, forget what I said above, all five are shelved until the next time I think about Till the End of Time's dumb twist.

-Dragon's Crown Pro - As it happens, I have the original on Vita from a PSN+ month long ago and also a physical of the Pro version. It's a really nice box too. Let's say this bumps it up the priority list to around mid on the mild interest list.

Lots of passes this month. Can't win them all.

Edited by Jelly Soup
I'm over 24 hours without sleep, sue me.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Extra:

-NieR i'm not typing all that shit - I played the other one, whatever it was called, for the cheap platinum since it was only up for a short while. And while it was kinda neat in parts, I ultimately didn't find it interesting enough to work through another one. Pass.

-Star Ocean: The Divine Force - ....maybe, I don't know. My last interaction with Star Ocean was Till the End of Time at release and I wasn't really impressed with it. Slow, plodding, predictable. I'll look into it. I'm a different person now than I was then, maybe the series will be more appealing to me now.

-13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - I'm really selective about tactical games. It's pretty, anyway. Will think on it.

-Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Another maybe. I think I have this one Steam and things like this are always better on PC. Likely pass.

-Sniper Ghost Bang Bang Shooting - Not my kind of game, pass.

-Unpacking - I played this on Game Pass a year or two ago. It's good. Much more story heavy than the trailers imply. In that there is a story and it's not just puzzle set pieces. Really feel like this would be a pain to play with a controller. On the will download list.

-Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - I never got around to picking up the original Odin Sphere. Was always on my list in the PS2 days, but always passed it up. I'm down for finally trying it. Mid on the high interest list.

-Planet Coaster: Console Edition - Have non-console edition on Steam, would rather play it there. Pass.

-This War of Mine: Final Cut - Tried this one PC during the original release, didn't grab me. Willing to try it again. Low end of mild interest list.

-Cloudpunk - Was sure I already had a copy of this somewhere, but I believe there was title confusion with Cloudbuilt. Anyway, speedrun stuff isn't normally my jam. But this is another title I'm willing to be proven wrong on. High end of the low interest list, will look into it more when I have time.

-Contra: Rogue Corps - Hoo, hum. I wish I had more patience these days for games like this. I really want to, but just the thought of having to spend hours is wearing me out. Shelved for now, contingent of mental energy.

-Tails Noir - Interesting. Main criticism is the story is long and doesn't end in a satisfactory way. I'm just a few days off Paradise Killer, I don't know if my psyche is ready for another rollercoaster with that many flat lines just yet. Shelved for now, while admitting I'll probably download it once it's out.

-Call of the Sea - Know the name, can't match it to anything in my head. *Googles* So it's another 'Myst for dummies' ordeal? I'm down, will download.

-West of Dead - Oh, I remember this from the Devolver Digital Expo game. Looks good, but it all depends on the specifics behind the controls as to if I'm interested. The things are murder on a controller. Ron Pearlman is nice. Does the game contain more of him making vaguely threating tiktoks that come off as 'old man yells at clouds'? I could take or leave those.

-Star Ocean full stop, what I said above. This is a lot of long RPG to deal with and I'm not even sure if I'm down for one.

-PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls - Cheap platinum to play with the kid, but supposedly this one is harder? Shelved.

Classics:

-Star Ocean please stop. You're giving me five of these fucking things, this is a billion hours. I'm too old, I don't have enough years left in me for this shit. You know what, forget what I said above, all five are shelved until the next time I think about Till the End of Time's dumb twist.

-Dragon's Crown Pro - As it happens, I have the original on Vita from a PSN+ month long ago and also a physical of the Pro version. It's a really nice box too. Let's say this bumps it up the priority list to around mid on the mild interest list.

Lots of passes this month. Can't win them all.

didn’t realize cloud punk had speedruns. Was looking forward to that one, one of the only two I was looking forward to. Now I don’t want to play it.

I wonder does pausing stop the speed run timer 

• Like 1

Good month if you like Star ocean I guess. Overall a disappointing month for me on both essential and premium but it is what it is. 

6 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

didn’t realize cloud punk had speedruns. Was looking forward to that one, one of the only two I was looking forward to. Now I don’t want to play it.

I wonder does pausing stop the speed run timer 

They’re referring to the 4 timed missions. They timer honestly pretty lenient outside of maybe one delivery. You can pause the timer to recuperate because sometimes the map can be disorienting in the early stages.  https://www.trueachievements.com/a309968/no-pressure-achievement goes into better detail on the trophy which helped me out. The game is pretty short outside of collectibles so if you need a second playthrough it shouldn’t take you more than 4 hours to get it if needing a restart. 

• Like 1

Can’t say any of these jump out at me, which is fine given the ample backlog.

Actually, I never got around to playing This War of Mine on PS4, so I might as well play this version instead (once the DLC is on a nice sale).    Cloudpunk is the other one I may play.  The rest don’t resonate.  Pretty weak month for me.

Heard really good things about 13 Sentinels so I'll be giving that a go. Couple of other titles that pique my interest as well so it's not a total bust.

However, and I thought the same thing when they had a month of Doom games in Premium, I wish they wouldn't do multiple entries from the same franchise in one month. If you're not into RPGs, there's nothing for you classic wise this month. Bit of variety makes it more appealing.

Just my take though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

Good month if you like Star ocean I guess. Overall a disappointing month for me on both essential and premium but it is what it is. 

They’re referring to the 4 timed missions. They timer honestly pretty lenient outside of maybe one delivery. You can pause the timer to recuperate because sometimes the map can be disorienting in the early stages.  https://www.trueachievements.com/a309968/no-pressure-achievement goes into better detail on the trophy which helped me out. The game is pretty short outside of collectibles so if you need a second playthrough it shouldn’t take you more than 4 hours to get it if needing a restart. 

ok thanks a lot! It turns out according to them, that pausing does stop the timer. maybe I will try it after all :) 

always such a helpful bunch on this site, appreciate it! 

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Tales Noir (or Backbone, as it was previously known) is pretty rad - well worth a play!

Yeah I will definitely try that one, love me a point and click. Good games to relax to I find

6 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

It recently had its name changed to Tails Noir. Previously was called Backbone.

yes I haven’t heard of backbone either 

never ceases to surprise me how many games I still haven’t heard of on PlayStation, considering it’s only console I own anymore, and how much time I spend playing games on it or watching videos about games for it.

always nice to find something new that looks interesting being added to ps plus 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

This prompted me to look more into it. Game still doesn't seem very interesting to me, but my only real complain was the speedrun nature. I'll bump it up the interest list. Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Game has a bunch of missable trophies, any guide recommendation?

Since it's a point-and-clicker, I might play it.

You’ll be doing at least 3 of playthrough - not much you need to know going in except I’d recommend that when it comes to “telling people your name” pick either to lie, or to tell the truth, and stick with that choice for every time - at least for the first playthrough.

(there’s a trophy for doing all lies, one for all truths, and one for a mix…. But the “mix” one is a bit finicky, and I had to do a couple of extra playthroughs to get it to work, as it needs to be an almost perfectly even split, I think, so helps to know how many there are!)

Other than that, just explore everything and a fair amount of the trophies will come - and while I don’t think there’s a full guide, there’s some info on Steam forums for specific trophies (most of which will make more sense after a first playthrough)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 6:53 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

After seeing the extra lineup there's zero justification for the pricehike. I might be a little picky and quality will rise in the coming months who knows, I hope so.

My subscription runs until next summer so that at least gives me some leeway in seeing any substantial improvement, until I'm forced to make a decision.

Why people are assuming the price increase will be translated into a "better lineup"?? I hope thats the case but im seeing this as a "we charge more because we can and people are going to buy it anyways"

Im honestly asking if there was an official word regarding it.

Edited by mephisto3dg

23 minutes ago, mephisto3dg said:

Just this line from the original announcement:

This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service. 

Pretty vague. People are mostly just hoping.

3 hours ago, mephisto3dg said:

Why people are assuming the price increase will be translated into a "better lineup"?? I hope thats the case but im seeing this as a "we charge more because we can and people are going to buy it anyways"

I don't think it's unfair to expect better quality when the price keeps increasing. I'm not assuming anything au contraire.

• Like 1