PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium September 2023

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate September 2023's PS+ Extra lineup  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Rate September 2023's PS+ Extra lineup

2. 2. Rate September 2023's PS+ Premium lineup

3. 3. Which game are you most interested in?

• NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
    • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
    • Star Ocean The Divine Force
    • Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
    • Unpacking
    • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
    • Planet Coaster: Console Edition
    • This War of Mine: Final Cut
    • Cloudpunk
    • Contra: Rogue Corps
    • Tails Noir
    • Call of the Sea
    • West of Dead
    • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    • PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls
    • Star Ocean First Departure R
    • Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    • Star Ocean: The Last Hope – 4K & FHD Remaster
    • Dragon’s Crown Pro

10 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I really want to play NieR: Automata first before I jump into NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., especially after I saw NieR:Automata Ver1.1a last July.

3 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

It looks good so far! can you play Replicant without playing Automata first? I still didn't have the chance to play it, and I think Replicant is the prequel but I don't want to spoil myself anything.

Replicant is the first game, you should play that before Automata

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Haven’t played Replicant yet but the original Nier is fantastic. If you liked Automata you’ll like the original Nier. The world is just as dark and depressing and music is just as great, if not better.

Funny enough, I have the original Nier and Drakengard 3 for that matter on PS3. The reason I haven't gotten around to either of them....is because...backlog (and work). Lol. Heard really good things about both both games, and....I am totally in it for the plot; yep, the plot.

32 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

It looks good so far! can you play Replicant without playing Automata first? I still didn't have the chance to play it, and I think Replicant is the prequel but I don't want to spoil myself anything.

Yes, you can and you won't spoil anything for yourself. While the timeline is a bit all over the place, playing Automata will not spoil anything. 

3 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Hoping for some good PS1 classics.

Same, considering the PS+ price hike. It would be interesting what Classics come our way (if any) here in the next few months. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

Definitely; and you probably should.

This version of Replicant also has exclusive content that was not in the original game, but instead in the novelization of it. That ending has deeper ties to Automata, and will contextualize the sequel more.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Drakengard 3 on PS3.

That game deserves a second chance. I wish it got remastered or something. 🤞

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Replicant is the first game, you should play that before Automata

Thanks.

I usually play games by release order, not story order - although I'm well aware that NieR Replicant is the remake of the original NieR, which was launched in 2010. 😅

• Like 1

Might be in the minority but i played Unpacking at launch on Gamepass because of the hype and man i was disappointed.

One of the most overrated game i've played... but yeah... it checks all the requirements for the wannabe gaming journalist. Easy, short, indie, make them look smart when they wrote their review/essay about environmental storytelling.

Its not false that the game tries something on the narrative side, but the actual gameplay routine is so bad.

I read good things about Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2. Anyone would recommend it ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

as someone who really enjoyed Automata, how will I find Replicant? I only ask because it is a much older game (now ported) and how similar is combat, music, story beats etc

It is similar as in it's clearly Nier, but it definitely feels way more dated/worse in every aspect. I've played Automata first and then Replicant, and I constantly had a feeling during my time with Replicant that I would've enjoyed it more if I haven't played Automata first. Still a good game though.

Automata hits hard enough to spoil you, if played first. 

1 hour ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

good god the Nier Replicant trophy list looks like a pain. Trying to wrap my head around all the playthroughs you have to do. I hate speedruns, this Nier game has like 5 endings and I am supposed to skip cutscenes...

might just play it normally and not plat

The speedrun is one of the easiest, it's done in half the required time. Only the moon flower takes a few days with timezones manipulating.