Trophies to Fight Cancer 2023 (No more submissions)

I finished three games so far for the event.

The ever popular Unpacking, Pumpkin Jack, and Final Fantasy XVI.

spacer.png  spacer.png  spacer.png

I enjoyed each of them for different reasons. Unpacking was a nice relaxing 'puzzle' game that I had fun doing while watching some football games. For a 42 year old homeowner that has moved several times in my life, it was wild how many items there were to unpack that I'd never seen before. It was a nice game to zone out to.

Pumpkin Jack is a 3D platformer and I hadn't played one since A Hat in Time. It was way more linear and not quite as good. The hats in A Hat in Time granted you different abilities and you needed to change hats to beat some of the puzzles...there wasn't anything like that really in this game. There are different skins and weapons, but the game is very straightforward. Graphics were nice and it was smooth enough to play so I don't really have anything negative to say about it, but it was an ok game and a relatively short platinum.

Final Fantasy XVI I was saving for a milestone and had played mostly over the summer. I've played or own (and will play) every game in the series. I really enjoyed my time with this one, however I felt like it started off exceptionally strong and kind of fizzled as you got further along in the game. It was still very good, but the first 10 hours or so had me feeling like I was playing one of the greatest games ever but then it kind of felt like they weren't sure what they wanted to do or rushed to get it out. It's probably in the top 5-7 for me in the series and is worth playing, but it was just missing that little something. Graphics were amazing though....some of the coolest cut-scenes you'll ever see are in this game.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Hey I am not sure if this would count for either? There's a blob of orange in the middle and a kind of pinky colour on the left but not sure if it works. 

spacer.png

It's already in the approved list in the Google doc in the OP. Check there, and you'll see it's good for both.

1 hour ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Count me in to drop some oranges. I am finishing Soul Calibur 6 and I am hoping to start Marvel's Spider-man 2 soon. 

Soul caliber VI can count for pink (from the sky) but there is no pink or orange in Spiderman 2. Just forewarning in case you want to go to something else.

spacer.png

One Piece Burning Blood
I would say Magenta?
Finished October 30th

spacer.png

Overwatch 2
Salamander Orange? But I mean its Orange on the O so
Finished November 3rd

spacer.png
Also attempting to add Dark Souls

Papaya Orange?

Finished November 1st

Im iffy on Dark Souls but thought id give it a shot.

Thank you so much for doing this. Cancer has greatly affected my family as I am sure it has many others. I will be back with more games. Going to destroy my backlog

Edited by VereorChris
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's already in the approved list in the Google doc in the OP. Check there, and you'll see it's good for both.

Oh thanks. I checked before I posted but I must be blind cause I didn't see it 😄 would like to count it for pink!spacer.png

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jagz_Platinums said:

Tom Clancy The Division - Orange 

Killing Floor 2 - Orange

The Division is good, but I'm a no on Killing Floor 2. Doesn't pass the eye test/5 second rule (aka not obvious enough).

3 hours ago, VereorChris said:

spacer.png

One Piece Burning Blood
I would say Magenta?
Finished October 30th

spacer.png

Overwatch 2
Salamander Orange? But I mean its Orange on the O so
Finished November 3rd

spacer.png
Also attempting to add Dark Souls

Papaya Orange?

Finished November 1st

Im iffy on Dark Souls but thought id give it a shot.

Thank you so much for doing this. Cancer has greatly affected my family as I am sure it has many others. I will be back with more games. Going to destroy my backlog

No on Dark Souls, you got to zoom in as the outline is orange-ish, not the letters. 

3 hours ago, Lathea said:

I’ll join!

I have The Medium for orange:

spacer.png

I don’t know if SOMA will count for pink: 

spacer.png

No on Soma, it's hard to tell and looks more tan or red than pink to us.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ImKelton said:

Just making sure my two games count. They should do but I need them verifying haha.

spacer.png(orange)

spacer.png(Pink) (could also be orange for the beak)

I was in the middle of updating and there were a ton of submissions today so it was taking some time so if you didn't see it updated earlier, check the spreadsheet now. Everything should be updated, but let me know if I missed anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I was in the middle of updating and there were a ton of submissions today so it was taking some time so if you didn't see it updated earlier, check the spreadsheet now. Everything should be updated, but let me know if I missed anything.

Hi there! My orange (Venba) isn't counted on the spreadsheet :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MissShake said:

Hi there! My orange (Venba) isn't counted on the spreadsheet :)

Should be updated now.

Also for myself got my 6th ORANGE (9th game) of the event: Super Stardust Portable (66.72%). Time to go for a pink one next.

Ld90e8d.png

39 minutes ago, s68sc said:

My submission is Scarlet Nexus

L59e036.png

Just to confirm have you finished this yet? Just looking at your profile and it looks like it was just started.

• Like 2

I've finished my first game for this event: 

Lfe5515.png

It's a game called Right and Down. I'm pretty sure it covers both colours? Orange sorts of fades into pink (and then purple) as you go down the monster. I'll go with orange, as I'm close to finishing another game for pink. 

The game itself was loads of fun. More fun than it had a right to be! It's a deck-builder rogue-lite where – as the name suggests – you can only move your character right and down across a monster-and-treasure filled grid. Despite the simplistic mechanics, there's a surprising amount of strategy involved in this 10-15 hour platinum. I really recommend it to anyone who likes deck-builders and wants a reasonably quick, fun game to plat. 

Edit: Current rarity is 24% 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Starrk_01 said:

Should be updated now.

Also for myself got my 6th ORANGE (9th game) of the event: Super Stardust Portable (66.72%). Time to go for a pink one next.

Ld90e8d.png

Just to confirm have you finished this yet? Just looking at your profile and it looks like it was just started.

I just start it 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

I've finished my first game for this event: 

Lfe5515.png

It's a game called Right and Down. I'm pretty sure it covers both colours? Orange sorts of fades into pink (and then purple) as you go down the monster. I'll go with orange, as I'm close to finishing another game for pink. 

The game itself was loads of fun. More fun than it had a right to be! It's a deck-builder rogue-lite where – as the name suggests – you can only move your character right and down across a monster-and-treasure filled grid. Despite the simplistic mechanics, there's a surprising amount of strategy involved in this 10-15 hour platinum. I really recommend it to anyone who likes deck-builders and wants a reasonably quick, fun game to plat. 

I don't see orange, but I do see pink. We will count it as pink.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starrk_01 said:

I don't see orange, but I do see pink. We will count it as pink.

Ah, fair enough :). I thought the top of the monster most closely resembled Starfish/Soap orange from the colour charts in the OP. 

However, I'm not fussed either way! As long as it counts. Thanks for confirming. 

• Like 1