Trophies to Fight Cancer 2023 (No more submissions)

This is such a good event to participate in. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer back in 2001. And I've been intentional to do something every October since then. Due to my "now" loaded" work schedule for the month of October, I won't be able to participate gaming wise, but I would love to donate to the cause. Please let me know where I can, and as soon as I'm able to, I'll donate. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

This is such a good event to participate in. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer back in 2001. And I've been intentional to do something every October since then. Due to my "now" loaded" work schedule for the month of October, I won't be able to participate gaming wise, but I would love to donate to the cause. Please let me know where I can, and as soon as I'm able to, I'll donate. 

I'll shoot you a PM. I personally donate to a team that raises money and competes locally for the American Cancer Society, but if you want to just donate to them in general, the one I give you should work.

21 minutes ago, Baker said:

I’m in!

Two games for now:

L0558c8.png

L9a03ba.png

(If this counts? It’s purple/pink)

Will add more later if I can find some more games.

Good on both. I think it's a darker shade of pink and if I ask myself what color it is, I would say pink, not purple 

• Like 2

I really wish I could participate but the AZZA challenge is locking me down and not letting me play any games except the required order. There are some games there that have orange and pink in them, but a few are shovelware and therefore DQ'd from this challenge. I'll also be busy doing FFXIV Free Trial stuff for the rest of the year since they are expanding to Stormblood, so I apologize.

If you direct me to the site you're donating to, I will use my PayPal to match your donos for $2 for every game with orange or pink in the game icon that I platinum during this time period at the end of the event. It'll be sort of an indirect participation. ;)

7 hours ago, Starrk_01 said:

No on Apotheon, but the rest are good (you can even use LittleBigPlanet 3 for pink if you want "variety). Just to clarify you don't need to do 100% of the DLC for the game to count. Just need the platinum.

I already have the Platinum on LBP 3 but I've been slacking on getting its DLC so that's why I'm throwing it in, I hope that's okay. The other games will be focusing on the Plat but gunning for 100% if I can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

I already have the Platinum on LBP 3 but I've been slacking on getting its DLC so that's why I'm throwing it in, I hope that's okay. The other games will be focusing on the Plat but gunning for 100% if I can.

DLC only doesn't count, must be a platinum or a 100% only. Reason why is because there are too many games with tacked on DLC with one or two trophies and want people to earn their contributions. 

I'm planning to play this one soon, I was just wondering if it was a viable Orange?

L69282e.png

I think it's probably leaning a bit more towards mostly brown, but then looking at the colour chart on the first page, the wardrobe and the bedside cabinet look a few shades of orange that are on the chart....

I don't know..... Maybe this is one of those "You should have gone to Specsavers" type deals.... but I thought I'd ask first, it's getting played regardless, as I need a brown for the Kaleidoscope event anyway xD

15 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I'm planning to play this one soon, I was just wondering if it was a viable Orange?

L69282e.png

I think it's probably leaning a bit more towards mostly brown, but then looking at the colour chart on the first page, the wardrobe and the bedside cabinet look a few shades of orange that are on the chart....

I don't know..... Maybe this is one of those "You should have gone to Specsavers" type deals.... but I thought I'd ask first, it's getting played regardless, as I need a brown for the Kaleidoscope event anyway xD

Going to go with no. It's brown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starrk_01 said:

Going to go with no. It's brown.

I did think so.... and I thought it was probably a stretch.....

Strike it up as another one for Rob and his failing eyesight xD

tumblr_p4xcbvJWqv1vl7b4bo1_500.gif

• Haha 3

well since its officially the start of the event (unless i read it wrong like last time) im proud to show the first of many i hope for me participating.

L48b64a.png

very chill game and a great pink addition :D.  

(also i think someone said it dont count but incase i was misreading i completed RE8 also for candle orange if it does :P )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dezorak said:

well since its officially the start of the event (unless i read it wrong like last time) im proud to show the first of many i hope for me participating.

L48b64a.png

very chill game and a great pink addition :D.  

(also i think someone said it dont count but incase i was misreading i completed RE8 also for candle orange if it does :P )

You're correct. Event has started. Congrats on being the first person, and yes a very chill game indeed.

Also yes RE8 doesn't work.

• Like 1

I was waiting for a confirmation that the event has started. So for orange, Warhammer Chaosbane. Very basic Diablo clone that's fun for one playthrough. It gets pretty repetitive though and I'm very glad that an exploit exists so I didn't have to go through the whole game a few more times for the plat. 

spacer.png

And also Unpacking, seems like this game is going to be pretty popular in the event. For pink obviously. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

posting another pink thought i might as well pop some of the quicker ones off early before i invest alot of time into others :D.  a very basic shooter that peta made (so you know the quality lol) but considering you can finish it in no time at all AND ITS CO-OP then why not :D.

Lb90df9.png

• Like 2

Glad to join this one again. I will also donate $2 per platinum and already decided it will go to the Jimmy Fund. One of my favorite baseball players passed away today from brain cancer (RIP Tim Wakefield) and he was a champion for the Jimmy Fund throughout his career and just known as an all-around good dude.

Not sure what I'll play yet, but good luck to all the participants and thank you @Beyondthegrave07for running this again!

Edited by Briste
  • Like 3