Trophies to Fight Cancer 2023 (No more submissions)

2 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

I got this platinum two days ago but this is the first time I'm posting, is this OK? One rule says it must have happened while your posting here but another says retroactive plats are OK?

Cavern of mars recharged, it looks orange to me at the bottom but your the judge

spacer.png

Yeah that's fine for orange and you are good when it comes to posting/retroactive games within the time period. If I'm looking at the right rule (let me know if I'm misinterpreting your concern) it has to do with the rule of posting in the time period and indicating color. That rule is in place as we don't want people posting after November 30th and trying to get games to count just because it was within the two month period. The end date of the event and the posting is a HARD DEADLINE and we won't take exceptions.

1 hour ago, charxsetsuna said:

Just got the plat for cotton reboot!.

Clearly I play only the most mainstream of games 🤣

Anyways the e is definitely pink and there appears to be orange in multiple places, definitely in the ! . Again, your the judge.

spacer.png

Either work, which color do you want to count it for?

Second game done: 

L9a03ba.png

Once again for pink. 

This game just hasn’t aged well at all. The story was good. Everything else was just mediocre.

My next games will be more difficult so it can take a while.

Let’s see what Russel Crowe is up to at the moment.

spacer.png

• Like 4

I'd be a terrible host if I didn't contribute to my own event! :P 

Pink #1 - Atelier Escha & Logy (15.46%)

L85ab0c.png

I really enjoyed the game and was a nice fresh take on an RPG. It focuses more on time management and crafting which is different than what my grind and level up lizard brain is used to. It took me a while before I really understood how the crafting mechanics worked, but once I understood, I felt like I started to really appreciate the depth a lot more. The only difficult trophy to me was beating the Ultimate Boss... but that's because the guide I was using said that I needed to destroy all 4 honeycombs and beat the boss at level 99.... you only need to destroy 1 of them which makes them marginally better than a level 60 enemy. Omg, after I realized this, the game went from a "WTF, HOW THE F____ do you beat this?!?!?" to "Rest in Peace (and killing them in two turns). Night and day, I'm tellin' ya! If you never played this series, are a JRPG fan, and want something new, definitely think this is a good entry point into the series!

Orange #1 Super Stardust Portable (66.96%)

Ld90e8d.png

I'm not going to lie; the inclusion of rewind and casual mode was a godsend for this one. I didn't really have to rewind a whole lot because of casual mode, but I was really glad I had it when I did! :) I remember casual mode not existing on the PS3 version and the casual mode on this made it much more approachable to a scrub like me, haha. Definitely made this one much more enjoyable than its PS3 counterpart. Definitely would recommend to anyone subscribed to PS+ Premium!

• Like 3

Okie Dokie, I've got a third pink game done, it's Ultra Foodmess (PS4)

L0b4250.png

For once I don't need to write an overview for this game, since I have actually reviewed this game for the publisher Here (I received a review copy).

TL;DR Kinda fun with a partner, but don't play for trophies. 

Fun fact this game is the second time someone has messaged me asking for my advice on a trophy, I won't reveal who it was, but I can definitely say that the trophy they had trophy with was the exact same one that my and my co-op partner resented the most.

Edited by Breakingthegreen
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Hisuiryu said:

I finished something!

L8e9ed9.png

I've been back and forth between the protag/lower half of the logo being orange enough - depends which screen I'm looking at...But Kit (the bandana cat) just to the right is very orange if a little faded so er.... Maybe? 

Lower half of Cat quest looks orange to me. Not going to think too hard on it. It counts!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

L43f06e.png

Would this be orange or pink?

I think it's light orange? Maybe light red? I'll give you orange for this one... Pretty hard to tell what color that's supposed to be (probably a mixture tbh), but I think it's close enough to orange...

You sure do know how to find some pretty odd games, haha.

• Haha 1

Thanks for hosting this event again 😊

The only rule I'm against is the rarity one, I mean I understand the reason, but the thing is that this is supposedly aimed to bring as much people as possible, well believe me, there are many people that it doesn't matter how "simple/easy" a game is it takes a lot of time to 100%. I'm totally against autopop but no need to measure rarity imo. That reduce a list that is already small, I'm checking my games and almost none of them qualified for pink in thumbnail (considering no skin(lip/tongue) allowed or minor stuff in the environment).

I hope to get the time to plat some oranges. 

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Thanks for hosting this event again 😊

The only rule I'm against is the rarity one, I mean I understand the reason, but the thing is that this is supposedly aimed to bring as much people as possible, well believe me, there are many people that it doesn't matter how "simple/easy" a game is it takes a lot of time to 100%. I'm totally against autopop but no need to measure rarity imo. That reduce a list that is already small, I'm checking my games and almost none of them qualified for pink in thumbnail (considering no skin(lip/tongue) allowed or minor stuff in the environment).

I hope to get the time to plat some oranges. 

You do realize that unless it's shovelware that the plat is most likely going to be under 80% rarity. I think it's a great idea as yes it's a charitable act but people will still fi d some way to feed their ego and do a bunch of shovelware to be on the top of the event board. I think 80% is extremely fair for an event.

• Like 4