Trophies to Fight Cancer 2023 (No more submissions)

53 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

Just couldn't be focused on videogames the past few months but this event was a great opportunity to finally jump back into trophy hunting, finish my 14th ultra rare platinum, and most importantly, be a tiny positive in the fight against cancer. I definitely plan to keep pushing to try and finish a couple more games for this event. Thanks everyone for participating, fuck cancer.

That’s the spirit Justin! Sorry to hear about your situation from this year. Let’s go fight the big C post haste! 

• Like 2

I wanted to get my foot in the door before completing my more good games, so I spent this afternoon completing Bunny Raiders (PS4) (NA)

Ldc95e7.png

Seemingly every time I've played this game, it's been updated to make it easier, when I played the PS5 original in 2022 Feb, I needed my brother to assist me in coop mode finish the final boss. And on this third playthrough I beat the boss on my first run.

If I played it three times it must be good right?... Well it's free. In fact, until today I thought this game was a scam to try and get people's personal email addresses. But I now know that this is a PETA game, the controversial animal rights charity, and the PETA website is pretending that the game was released 2 weeks ago rather than nearly 2 years that it was actually released.

You know what I wanna talk more about the meta-context of this game, because everything about the game itself is bad and boring. This game was made by the same guy who made "Light in the Darkness" the story of Jewish people living in wartime Germany, it was quite informative but wasn't a good game itself; "Kitten Squad" another PETA game that probably doesn't teach me why veganism is great; and will instead give a cat a gun, and... Oh my... Oh no... They made a Holocaust memorial museum in Fortnite. I can think of several reasons to not to release this in Fortnite of all places

Now I've just gone through Bunny Raiders memes on Instagram, and I can't believe that they exist.

This Rabbit hole is genuinely driving me crazy.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, VersusCA said:

I think these two that I finished yesterday count as orange.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

The lights in the the corners of the image + haze in the centre.

spacer.png

Light reflecting off face + torso of the statue.

I will count Rugby 20 as I think the lights do produce an orange haze across the field when I look at it, but I'm going to say no on the second one. It looks too tan/brown and can't really determine if it's orange at a glance so it fails the 5 second rule.

• Like 1

I'm gonna ask anyway, but I'm gonna assume The Grand Tour will count and 99% sure both Hatoful Boyfriend games will count for pink anyway. (Gives me an excuse to get the Vita out)

L4e75a2.png L937613.png L734eab.png

I'm not 100% sure on Car Mechanic Simulator or Far From Noise cos of the shades but thought I'd ask anyway. 

Lda99cc.png L24ef15.png 

8 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I'm gonna ask anyway, but I'm gonna assume The Grand Tour will count and 99% sure both Hatoful Boyfriend games will count for pink anyway. (Gives me an excuse to get the Vita out)

L4e75a2.png L937613.png L734eab.png

I'm not 100% sure on Car Mechanic Simulator or Far From Noise cos of the shades but thought I'd ask anyway. 

Lda99cc.png L24ef15.png 

Yeah, these all count assuming the Amazon games logo is in the grand tour game thumbnail. 

10 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, these all count assuming the Amazon games logo is in the grand tour game thumbnail. 

Yeah, it is - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8641-the-grand-tour-game 

All of the images I share are from the game's pages ^^ 

Thanks for confirming. Looks like I'll be adding all of these to my list.

Edited by Maxine
  • Like 1

Sure, I'll sign up for this again. :)

As per previous years, I'll also donate £5 per game to Cancer Research UK, even if I don't finish them in time.

Here's what I can play for now:

PINK

Dark Nights With Poe & Munro

L100182.png

ORANGE

Mortal Kombat 11 (hopefully this is orange!)

L6b024a.png

Twisted Metal

L2ea333.png

Twisted Metal World Tour

La4c9ca.png

Think that's all I have for now, and MK11 will likely take up a fair chunk of time, but will update if I find anything else!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hello Hello chaps and chaplettes!

Finished my first game for this event:

Lea64b1.png

A second play of a great game!

I finished up the PS4 version earlier this year, and for the life of me couldn't understand why I put it down for so long, because it's great!

I has so much fun, that I paid the small upgrade fee to get the PS5 version within minutes of popping that PS4 plat - and got around to playing it just now!

It's definitely the version to play- it's mostly the same, but the rather long load times of the PS4 version are all but completely gone, the 2 excellent DLCs are included, and moreover, the level cap is raised from 36 to an absurd 99... which is only a good thing, as it stops the game reaching the "max-level-fatigue" that happens when you can no longer upgrade!

Could probably work for Pink or Orange, but I'll slot it for Pink, since I have an absolute glut of Orange ones coming shortly!

...speaking of which:

I assume all these:

L7a0a10.pngL5c8e2c.pngL0b74bf.pngL03d153.pngL7ee0d2.png

...can count as 5 separate entries, since they each have their own lists?

Yes the Sam & Max games count as separate entries since they are technically separate games and have separate trophy lists.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

I'll be honest, I didn't expect to complete this game so quick, it's the the pink anti-murder 'em up: Killer Frequency.

L646798.png

Yo this game sounds incredible! Your brief summary is checking all of the boxes for me, I'm definitely gonna check it out!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pelagia14 said:

Yo this game sounds incredible! Your brief summary is checking all of the boxes for me, I'm definitely gonna check it out!

Yay, I can add this to the list of games that I've persuaded people to buy, It's longer than you'd think.

1 hour ago, Starrk_01 said:

Yes the Sam & Max games count as separate entries since they are technically separate games and have separate trophy lists.

👀 ...No ...I'm not gonna nick that idea.

Back Away Slowly GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, pelagia14 said:

Killer Frequency is cool - I’ll add a +1 to @Breakingthegreen’s recommend…

… and say there is a super scientific review of it lying around somewhere 😉

• Like 3