Trophies to Fight Cancer 2023 (No more submissions)

Some game color suggestions from my profile:

EITHER:

Se7c16e.png Chicory: A Colorful Tale (Fantastic narrative, deals with mental health topics in a positive way)

ORANGE:

S44d7a7.png A Short Hike (Cute game)

Sde0e4a.png Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (If you want some nostalgia)

S0f0efa.png Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (Easy platinum that is around 10h)

S3e4f6c.png Okami HD (A 60h platinum, but I had to include it!)

POTENTIALLY ORANGE? 

S6aa5b8.png Aspire: Ina's Tale (Pretty graphics and simple gameplay, seems to have enough Orange to count)

S61570e.png Concrete Genie (I'd say it has Soap Orange 'water' and Melon Orange in the sky)

PINK:

S506c7a.png Final Fantasy II (Pixel Remaster)

S0fd891.png Shape of the World (I actually really disliked this game, but it's a super easy ~10h platinum)

S7466cb.png Life is Strange: True Colors (Another easy platinum, and available on PS+ Catalog!)

Sd6dd4a.png Unpacking (I loved this game, but not everyone will. Available on PS+ Catalog!)

Sba2c61.png Donut County (Already listed in the original event thread, but a cute and silly game!)

• Like 3

I'm in again like last year, maybe i will finish something lol

Some suggestions for people @Beyondthegrave07:

Ld83cb8.png

Pac-man: 256: Orange

L6fffa4.png

Minigolf Adventure: Orange

Leb84e7.png

Bloons TD5: orange

L763b3d.png

Dungeon Defenders 2: Orange

Lc9291f.png

Let's build a zoo: Orange

L490f39.png

Violetti Goottii: Pink (Somehow this counts)

L4cecf9.png

Soccer Pinball: Orange

Le206a0.png

Island Saver: Orange

Ld37870.png

Littlebigplanet 3: Orange

L95f004.png

No Thing: Pink

Obviously some of these aren't the most feasible (Looking at LBP 3 and Bloons TD 5) but they should all be doable

• Like 1

Done with one event and right onto another huh @Beyondthegrave07?! What an animal lol.

I'm in for this one too I guess since I happen to have quite a few orange games and a couple of pinks in my backlog atm. Will update with a few games to start out with once I get off work and can check my BL. 🤙

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pelagia14 said:

Multiple examples

These all would work great. Aspire works too. The hair is clearly orange.

58 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Multiple examples

All great suggestions!

35 minutes ago, viech54 said:

So I checked my backlog. Would any of these games be eligible? Or, more like, which of these games won't be accepted? I'm unsure about Castlevania, Baldur's Gate 3, Final Fantasy V, and Fate/Samurai Remnant.

If you are unsure about them, best to use something else. I'm a definite no on Castlevania (yellow tan) Baldur's gate (tan), and FFV (purple).

I will count Fate Samurai/Remnant though. It just barely passes the 5 second rule and my initial gut feeling was yes within the 5 seconds. It looks more blood orange than red to me in the background so I will count it.

Here are a few suggestions for Team Orange, mostly from my profile:

Tales from Space: About a Blob

spacer.png

Narco Terror

spacer.png

Dreamworks Superstar Kartz

spacer.png

Puddle

spacer.png

Street Fighter IV

spacer.png

Critter Crunch

spacer.png

RAGE

spacer.png

Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

spacer.png

Tom Clancy's The Division & The Division 2

spacer.png

L0ee7c1.png

DIRT 4

L370d3b.png

Nippon Marathon (also Team Pink)

Lff7941.png

Streets of Rage 4

Le44a15.png

Super Street Fighter IV (Ultra Street Fighter IV)

Le02e45.png

Dragon Ball FighterZ

L014591.png

Rayman Origins

Lc47d97.png

Plus 1 games I'm not sure of. So, is it eligible?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Michelango offcourse)

Lec0df2.png

Edited by ConAir
Added spoiler tag
  • Like 2

Some more suggestions because why not @Beyondthegrave07:

L43a6d2.png

Call of Duty: Black ops 3: Orange

Lf261f0.png

Little Dragons Cafe: Orange (possibly Pink)

L7f0de7.png

Infamous First Light: Either

Lddae67.png

Nexomon: Orange

L4ad32e.png

Nexomon Extinction: Orange

L198d79.png

Minecraft Dungeons: Either

Also a suggestion, put in the op somewhere games that fit into Orange, Pink, or either to help people out so they don't have to scroll through replies

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Some more suggestions because why not @Beyondthegrave07:

L43a6d2.png

Call of Duty: Black ops 3: Orange

Lf261f0.png

Little Dragons Cafe: Orange (possibly Pink)

L7f0de7.png

Infamous First Light: Either

Lddae67.png

Nexomon: Orange

L4ad32e.png

Nexomon Extinction: Orange

L198d79.png

Minecraft Dungeons: Either

Also a suggestion, put in the op somewhere games that fit into Orange, Pink, or either to help people out so they don't have to scroll through replies

I might work with @pelagia14 and put together a list in a Google doc. Otherwise, the OP is going to get crowded quickly and be even more of a pain to manage. 

9 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Would it help if I listed games that will work in the OP and add them to the OP during the event as people finish?

My first thought would be to list games available on PS+ extra/premium, would this be helpful?

Seriously, I don't mind helping you or anyone else with this. 

Yes absolutely, I tried to use a program to see if it would tell me what's the color of a few games I have on my profile left to do, but I have no idea if the amount of pink was a majority or a minority among other colors. I'm 90% sure but want to ask just to be sure, Catherine has a pink background right? 

15 hours ago, Hisuiryu said:

Definitely will be joining in, hunting trophies for a good cause - what's not to love? I happen to have a few games lined up already that I think will count but will wait for the final details to see if they're up to standard!

First time I read that as trypophobia and was very confused why that would cause a problem! But that aside I'm sure people will help you out if you need help with the colours (myself included!) :)

Google what tritanopia is and you will see the way I see everything. If the event was subjective, I'd be able to plaster most of the games for this event haha, maybe not black or white backgrounds, as I can see these colors just fine. I can also somewhat distinguish what's blue and what's green, but if you'd give me a blue and a green paint and ask which is which, I'd have a problem with that.

• Like 1

I would like to join this event too, so count me in for participation. Thanks for hosting this Grave! 

Spoilers just in case:

Spoiler

I have lost 4 family members to different types of cancer in my lifetime, including my dear father who I lost to prostate cancer, and my grandmother who I lost to breast cancer before the pandemic, so this event is something I could not say no to partaking in. 

Because of the reasons posted in the spoiler section, I too would like to donate. This will partly depend on how many games I complete, but I will be donating a minimum of $20, plus $5 for each game I complete that is eligible for the event. 

Let's go fight cancer! 

• Like 4

I also would like to make a list of some games that I feel likely will be eligible and deserve to be mentioned, especially if the games are underappreciated or not mentioned much. Brief explanations are to assist anyone who is colourblind.

The Forest Quartet - However, I feel like only the PS5 version would count as the thumbnail on the PS4 version is not the same. This is a hidden gem, absolutely one I personally recommend checking out! 

(Orange on the two stripes)

Lf81807.png

Bus Simulator 21 - This game can apply to both the PS4 & PS5 versions. The thumbnail images are different so they're both posted here. 

(Orange in the 21 section of the logo and the bus colour on the PS4 thumbnail)

L72ca5c.png L75d90f.png

Gang Beasts - While we're fighting cancer, why not fight a friend or family member in a video game for fun? 

(Pink is the main colour in the logo)

L8b6dc3.png

Ducktales Remastered - This nostalgic classic on PS3. *chef kiss*

(The top half of the logo includes orange in the gradient) 

L7b28b0.png

Overcooked 2 - One of the best couch-coop games there is and a ton of fun! 

(Orange is the main colour of the number 2)

L3fd369.png

Frobisher Says! - This is a FREE PS Vita title, which is great for anyone on a budget or just wants to play one of the silliest PlayStation games in existence. 

(Multiple shades of pink in the ears, hair, nose and cheeks of Frobisher)

Lea62be.png

Garfield Kart: Furious Racing - This is one of the best licensed games on PS4 (and also a meme game in some respects) 

(Orange in the words "Garfield" and "Furious" and on Garfield himself)

Laf8fb9.png

State Of Mind - This is one game I will never not recommend to people, it's criminally underappreciated, and definitely worth picking up

(Orange is the colour of the shards surrounding the logo text)

Lf5c787.png

(If any of these games aren't eligible, they will be removed from the list)

Edited by Maxine
  • Like 1

Would Lumines Remastered count? Here's the trophy list banner:

L073863.png

The bottom third or so looks rather pink to me, and the rest of the image is this sort of yellow-ish orange color. This event would give me a great excuse - and for a great cause - to play more of this game if it qualifies.

Regardless, here's a few games from my trophy cabinet that I'll suggest for any aspiring participants:

L87dcdf.png

Our good old friends Pinky and Clyde are on this banner, and you can see them pretty easily, so my most recent Platinum, PAC-MAN Museum+, could go for either. Not to mention that huge orange banner in the logo.

L4d3b1e.png

Not entirely sure if the circle down there counts as pink or purple (looks like it's in-between both colors, personally), but that circle at the right is a pretty stark shade of orange. This one was also given out to PlayStation Plus members last month, so if you're a subscriber, there's a pretty good chance you already have this one. If you're considering this, though, you may want to start it early; it takes quite a while to complete.

L33021d.png

Sonic Forces might also be a good choice. There's an entire pink character here (the cat on the right), and the background colors lean towards orange shades. This one was also given out as a free PlayStation Plus monthly in March 2020, and is apparently one of the most-downloaded PS Plus games ever, so if you had a subscription at the time, you might own this one too.

I've already completed these games, so I'm obviously not counting them towards the event. Just wanted to suggest these games for anyone that's looking into participating in this event.

looking forward to this as last year it helped me where it was needed most and i got some more free time to play on my playstation again (pokemon and runescape are strong addictions lol) but want to ask are we allowed to count platts that were working towards but not yet got (my example is i been slowly grinding monster hunter world for awhile now)... note to all that game is amazing play it and even better if you got people to play with but dont expect a quick trophy :P

1 hour ago, blue_blur_98 said:

Would Lumines Remastered count? Here's the trophy list banner:

L073863.png

The bottom third or so looks rather pink to me, and the rest of the image is this sort of yellow-ish orange color. This event would give me a great excuse - and for a great cause - to play more of this game if it qualifies.

Regardless, here's a few games from my trophy cabinet that I'll suggest for any aspiring participants:

L87dcdf.png

Our good old friends Pinky and Clyde are on this banner, and you can see them pretty easily, so my most recent Platinum, PAC-MAN Museum+, could go for either. Not to mention that huge orange banner in the logo.

L4d3b1e.png

Not entirely sure if the circle down there counts as pink or purple (looks like it's in-between both colors, personally), but that circle at the right is a pretty stark shade of orange. This one was also given out to PlayStation Plus members last month, so if you're a subscriber, there's a pretty good chance you already have this one. If you're considering this, though, you may want to start it early; it takes quite a while to complete.

L33021d.png

Sonic Forces might also be a good choice. There's an entire pink character here (the cat on the right), and the background colors lean towards orange shades. This one was also given out as a free PlayStation Plus monthly in March 2020, and is apparently one of the most-downloaded PS Plus games ever, so if you had a subscription at the time, you might own this one too.

I've already completed these games, so I'm obviously not counting them towards the event. Just wanted to suggest these games for anyone that's looking into participating in this event.

These work.

@HaserPL, I'm working on a very large list. I will share this soon in the OP (probably tomorrow evening). For now, I will add something for you and anyone else who needs it in the OP. And Catherine 100% counts, not sure if I or anyone else responded back to it. You are free to sneak into my PMs and ask me games there too if you are afraid of clogging the thread.

• Like 1

Okay, so I went through my list, and unless I want to disappoint literally everyone and end up on 15 different watchlists, I'm not doing Gal*Gun for this, and that's basically the only pink game I have. P4G would work for Orange, but I do have another one that's a maybe and is a lot faster to finish, provided it doesn't glitch out.

spacer.png

(WRC 9)

Would the edge of the 9 count as Orange? 

Edited by Berendsapje