What series has only gotton worse?

DrBloodmoney

PES

How come you say PES? Sure, it got quite a lot worse after PES 2010 but PES 2014 was pretty good and PES 2017 is absolutely fantastic again. Instead of 'getting worse', it seems like PES is only just getting better again after this year's game.

How come you say PES? Sure, it got quite a lot worse after PES 2010 but PES 2014 was pretty good and PES 2017 is absolutely fantastic again. Instead of 'getting worse', it seems like PES is only just getting better again after this year's game.

well it's just my opinion i'm sorry :( i think fifa is much better

• 2 weeks later...

Naruto Storm games...are the 1st game series that comes to ma mind whenever I think "it has only gotten worse".Its a shame to see how the series decayed in all aspects after Storm 2 which is basically a perfect game.They're all still great games but nowhere near the greatness of Storm 2.

but there's more...

Syphon Filter

Tony Hawk

CoD

Assassin's Creed

And there may be even more but I can't remember.

Silent Hill:

Everything that came after Silent Hill 4 is just pure garbage, sadly. I can somewhat live with Origins since it was actually fun to play, for the most part...but Homecoming, Downpour and Book of Memories can go to hell. No one needs those games. And with P.T. out of the way, I doubt that there will be another entry to this series ever again.

Resident Evil:

I know it's hard to make another masterpiece like Resident Evil 4, and if I have to be honest, 5 wasn't so bad at all. Surely not scary or something, but a fun game to play with friends. However, they totally ruined the series with 6. It was just sooooo bad....gosh. Cannot even put my feelings for this into words. Hopefully 7 will at least be a good game again. Looks promising.

Resident Evil:

I know it's hard to make another masterpiece like Resident Evil 4, and if I have to be honest, 5 wasn't so bad at all. Surely not scary or something, but a fun game to play with friends. However, they totally ruined the series with 6. It was just sooooo bad....gosh. Cannot even put my feelings for this into words. Hopefully 7 will at least be a good game again. Looks promising.

Resident Evil 4 was really excellent as a video game, but not as a Resident Evil.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to say Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic 2 is still a fantastic game and is one of the titles I cherished greatly during my childhood.

Sonic's downfall has more to do with SEGA making a lot of bad business decisions in regards to their consoles. Sega Saturn never truly had an actual Sonic launch title that would attract an audience. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 did fairly well for the Dreamcast but by then SEGA decided to walk out of the console business.

His fanbase is divided in all which-ways and everybody seems to have opposing opinions when it comes to Sonic fandom. Personally I grew up with Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic SatAM (A Saturday Morning cartoon that aired on ABC from 1993 to 1995) so I was more into the western fandom that was going on. Archie Comics has pretty much gave up on their Sonic the Hedgehog comic and everybody who was really into the classic Sonic of the 1990s has moved on.

And since the ill fated Sonic game that came around during the launch of the Playstation 3, his games have ranged from merely okay to downright terrible. There's no consistency and SEGA seems to be bent on making the effort to get rid of him rather than continue his franchise. The original creator has moved on as well, and at this point in time there are more bad Sonic games than there are good ones.

It's worrying that Sonic almost has to be featured in a Mario game for him to get some success, which is depressing for a classic Sonic fan like myself.

I would say GTA. I thought the PS2 games were fantasic (even the ports from psp) when it went to next gen (IV) it went disastrous with 4 being the worst as it was depressing playing (with depressing characters, atmosphere) and number 5 even though graphically sound it lacked the GTA feel with the realism (I don't know if you call falling over and you're dead pretty often) and once they introduced multiplayer that's all Rockstar cares about now... Multiplayer ugh

Pokemon - when there's tons upon tons of fanart that looks miles better than the official designs, there's something wrong. The whole thing just seems lazy now because they know people will still buy it.

Final Fantasy - 12 was the last decent one, then it became XIII and that trilogy, and now XV looks set to be a huge disappointment. As someone from a thread elsewhere, Noctis went from being a moody kid with a goal, to being a twink with his boy band. I really don't like the look of it, and I suspect the FFVII Remake will be a huge disappointment as well, I can imagine them turning it into FFXIII. And the fact they said it's going to be over 3 games, which I'm going to be very surprised at if each one is not full price.