Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

27 minutes ago, KAIZER_SHARKY said:

And I dont get it why it got a Platinum on PS4 but not PS5...

Because if they did the same thing on PS4 it would be like 10 dlc packs. Maybe they thought that would be stupid.

10 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Activision obviously thinks that it is better or more convinient(from their perspective) to have all Call of Duty hub games in one list and it has nothing to do with PS5 trophy system. Its a deliberate decision made by Activision. If it was solely because PS5 can't handle multiple platinums in one laucher(we don't even know if this is true or not, sample size too small) why Xbox and Steam would follow the same pattern?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Consistency? Easier for the dev team? For the publishers? Wouldn't be surprising.

Yeah, that what I meant. There is no reason to cater for one platform if they can force one standart across all major ecosystems. They probably saw that you can now add big DLC lists on PS5 and decided to do the same everywhere

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

In this sense, PS3/Vita/PS4 were the true oddballs for allowing a single game to have multiple lists and the PS5 forcing the "one list per application" standard is just bringing it in line with the other two major achievement ecosystems.

Can’t fault your post because it’s both factual and balanced. I will fault Sony, however. Usually when something is brought into line with a certain standard, it’s because it wasn’t meeting that said standard and it’s now being raised to a higher standard.

I wouldn’t say that is the case is here because I think PS was the higher standard. It was the more organised and clean way, and now we have thrown that away just to be in line with a lower standard? Makes no sense, especially for PS since we have the Platinum trophy which doesn’t really work with the shared list format. 

The other problem is there are often times when people only want to play one game in a collection. Now they are forced into having them all on their profile. Since most of the time these collections are of full games in their own right, it’s perfectly normal and legit to only want one (GTA Trilogy being a prime example where demand for SA heavily outweighs the other two). 

I genuinely cannot believe they made a decision this stupid. I feel bad for MW2 players who's 100% has been completely ruined with what looks to be AT LEAST a 30-40 hour game without a reward at the end. The game looks pretty garbage though, so this should seal the deal for people who were on the fence like me

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Johnytomm said:

I genuinely cannot believe they made a decision this stupid. I feel bad for MW2 players who's 100% has been completely ruined with what looks to be AT LEAST a 30-40 hour game without a reward at the end. The game looks pretty garbage though, so this should seal the deal for people who were on the fence like me

It's a shame too, i almost bought it because I remember enjoying zombies with my friends but that was before i really even looked into it but now I definitely won't even be considering it. Not to mention losing the ability to gameshare, which wouldn't be as bad if it was an an actual game and not a $70 advertisement for warzone.

• Like 1

This entire situation is hilarious, just gonna put it straight. I watched my recently hit 80.08% completion drop to 79.5% for a game I haven't even played. 🤣

However, they're not gonna "fix" this, because it's the same on the other platforms, and it seems intentional.

So for the trophy hunters complaining, you got two options. Either fall for their scammy games and pricetags because of your severe OCD, or just accept that you're gonna have an incomplete game forever. I'm on the latter, just another one to the pile lol.

• Like 1

Gets ridiculed for charging 70 bucks for what games call a DLC, doubles down and releases an entire "new game list" as DLC. Activision has out activisioned themselves this time. 

I cant tell if this is brainless, tone deaf, or elite levels of audacity. 

Edited by stitchesnscars
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is so lame. It’s unusual enough for a big AAA game like CoD to ship without a platinum trophy, but to add its trophies as DLC to a previous title is just wild.

I guess the question for trophy hunters is, will this be something we see again in the future if other franchises go the same route with a united launcher for their games? Even if they do, I don’t see any justifiable reason why they can’t separate the trophy lists. There’s already been games like ME Legendary Edition that had multiple trophy lists attached to one launcher so we know they can do it.

• Like 2