Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

19 minutes ago, KAIZER_SHARKY said:

What the f*ck ?!

They cant be serious.

I mean nice that they realize that it is only dlc but because of that now people who would like to have MW2 at 100% are now forced to buy MW3 is...

Can only wait until it is on sale in 3 years for 10 € less as you know Activison. 🤑

It's the way Activision can keep financing the biggest release parties and the goodbye party of Bobby Kotick, and yeah, mainly from the CoD revenue. 

I wonder if there is a new Trophy limit on PS5 (with all CoD DLC) as we saw with Driveclub on PS4.

13 hours ago, Knispel_1940 said:

Hi,

just checked my MWII trophy list and have Modern Warfare III trophies as DLC. Is this a glitch or MW III doesnt have separated trophy list with plat?

I think it is a glitch because I Never Seen a dlc that has more than 10 Trophies. imagine a dlc has 39 trophy I Don't believe this. 

3 minutes ago, Mustafa_Ad121 said:

I think it is a glitch because I Never Seen a dlc that has more than 10 Trophies. imagine a dlc has 39 trophy I Don't believe this. 

PS5 doesn't have a limit. Look up Uncharted 4 remastered and Horizon Forbidden West.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mustafa_Ad121 said:

Why? It's the same as Uncharted. Lost legacy is also listed as a DLC.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15250-uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection

People should chill their asses. Some of you sound like the world is ending and people say trophies don't affect their gaming behaviour? Yeah yeah..

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I don’t think it is though, they renamed the game tile for MW2 on PS5 to just “Call of Duty” recently, gave it MW3 artwork, and the MW3 beta even shares a launcher and store listing even shares its listing with MW2

I think they’re trying to integrate multiple games into one launcher and the only way to make trophies work on PS5 is either no trophies or DLC list :facepalm:

Not just PS5. I'm on PS4, and had to download MWII just to play the beta of MWIII. They also changed the name to simply "Call of Duty on there.

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I get that this is unusual, and quite strange, but I have to ask…

…Do the hardcore completionists who are losing their rag over this really think anyone is going to look at their 99% complete profile, with the MWIII list not done, and go…

”well, I guess they aren’t a completionist after all”?

Not having this one oddball, number-2-pencil-anomaly dlc list is hardly going to be some “stain” on their profile - it’s a weird situation caused by a commercial decision by a company, not an actual “incomplete” game.

I can’t imagine anyone is seriously going to argue that a person isn’t a “real” completionist for skipping this one.

Their OCD is the only thing that cares.

9 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

Except this game is made by Sledgehammer Games. 

Edit- NVM, it made by everyone and their mother. According to wiki

Assisted by Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Beenox, Raven Software, High Moon Studios, Activision Central Tech, Activision Shanghai and Toys for Bob

Just an FYI. Treyarch is always involved when there's a zombies mode.

4 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I would think PS5 & PS6 lists would be shared, but we don't know until that happens

It could be s a lot, according to Train Sim World 2 PS5 list (which broke our site it has so many trophies) It appears there is a DLC list memory limit is around 48 - 50, otherwise the trophy count may be limited around 500? It's not clear the exact number yet as far as I know, but probably somewhere around there. They could (annoyingly) add several games, maybe anywhere from 5 - 10 total?

I don't have the source and it could be wrong, but I remember reading that some developer wrote that the limit on PS5 was supposedly 1000 trophies on a list. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

So you will have to buy MWIII to get MWII back to 100%... 🤦‍♂️

Presumably.

Though I guess if even a single person buys MWIII, who wasn't already planning to, just to maintain a completion percentage, then it will turn out to have been a shrewd move, as I doubt anyone other than our little minority of trophy-minded folks will even notice, let alone care.

I'd imagine, outside of this little corner of the hobby, the idea of a unified launcher is a positive, rather than a negative.

I understand that many people don't understand why everyone is upset.

Yes, you have to buy MW3 to 100% MW2.

The inverse is also true. IF you buy MW3 PS5 without owning MW2. You now earn just DLC trophies on a full price game.

Which seems unfair, especially if you buy the PS5 disc version of MW3. So to earn a Platinum you have to buy MW2 on PS5 as well. Which is still full price.

Different story if this is an expansion and treated like it, but this is a full release of a game. 

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Presumably.

Though I guess if even a single person buys MWIII, who wasn't already planning to, just to maintain a completion percentage, then it will turn out to have been a shrewd move, as I doubt anyone other than our little minority of trophy-minded folks will even notice, let alone care.

I'd imagine, outside of this little corner of the hobby, the idea of a unified launcher is a positive, rather than a negative.

What if you are new to CoD and decide to jump in with MW3 PS5, you then have to go get MW2 to 100% your list and get a Platinum.

4 minutes ago, BaseDS said:

What if you are new to CoD and decide to jump in with MW3 PS5, you then have to go get MW2 to 100% your list and get a Platinum.

Yes, what if? :dunno:

I'm not saying it's good - I'm saying that outside of trophy-minded folks, no one will likely care - and even if they do, the result (a small minority of extra sales, from people potentially buying, playing and earning trophies for a game that they didn't really want to play in the first place, but feel the need to to maintain a completion percentage) is only really a benefit to the developer and producer.

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I doubt anyone other than our little minority of trophy-minded folks will even notice, let alone care.

^This, it sucks hugely for us, but they're not going to cater for the 0.1% of gamers like us that actually care about this

This is pretty insane, but it's definitely not a mistake. If they're using only one hub to launch games, then it has to be a single trophy list linked to that app.

It's really sad for trophy hunters, but I think this is the way many of these big franchises will go in the future. We know Assassin's Creed is doing it next with their Infinity hub. So it'll basically be this one app with a single trophy list working as the game launcher. And each individual games, although sold as such, will be treated as add-ons to this main app by the PS5. Therefore, the only way to add trophies for the new games is by doing a DLC list.

So again, it's not a mistake but rather a limitation of the flawed trophy system. I believe this is the only way they can handle this on PS5 if they want to launch games through a hub.

• Like 2