Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

8 minutes ago, Nierou said:

I don't quite agree, while i don't doubt Sony has screwed something up there has been other games with similar issues. I think the real problem is that multiple companies with not only different trophy systems but also varying generations of system architecture is the problem.

Most likely Sony is getting screwed over by microsoft since MS owns the companies that are producing the games with messed up trophies, prioritize themselves versus your opponents architecture.

While I still disagree with you to an extent (probably not shocking you there), you do make some good points. I mostly just want to tear down this idea I've heard from a few people about trophy list disappointments definitely not being Sony's fault. This isn't the first instance of an inexplicably lousy PS5 trophy list and Microsoft boning Sony doesn't explain the issue in full.

8 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

Not the bruh moment I was expecting from COD, even post-ActiBlizz buyout, but holy hell this is hilarious. I hope they keep doing this forever - the next 9 COD titles become DLC for the PS5 version of MWII to give it the highest trophy value ever

I hate everything you just said with a passion bordering on illegal. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, F1rstinFlight said:

Yeah this seems like a silly restriction around PS5 games that use the same launcher. I don’t understand why they can’t have multiple lists for individual games within a single launcher like the PS4.

And to think Assassin's Creed Infinity is coming (single launcher for every upcoming AC Games), hopefully without these kind of problems

• Like 1

How can you be so incompetent...

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Bro this is unreal

I was wondering why on earth the MW3 beta was completely within MW2 rather than its own game file and they renamed the game tile on the console to just “Call of Duty” and I said “no they wouldn’t just merge multiple games into one”

They did…

So... with this just Call of Duty hub thing for all the games, do you think they would dare add next year's CoD to this list too?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

How can you be so incompetent...

So... with this just Call of Duty hub thing for all the games, do you think they would dare add next year's CoD to this list too?

It's definitely possible, and I wouldn't put it past them unfortunately. Unless Sony fixes the ability for multiple PS5 lists to be linked to a single game to match how it worked on PS4 (which LOL to that happening, Sony doesn't give a crap about the trophy system these days)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

It's definitely possible, and I wouldn't put it past them unfortunately. Unless Sony fixes the ability for multiple PS5 lists to be linked to a single game to match how it worked on PS4 (which LOL to that happening, Sony doesn't give a crap about the trophy system these days)

Idk whether to laugh or shake my head 🤣

Wait, it took me a while to get what you meant. So for example you buy the Ezio Collection and get 3 different games and trophy lists. Why is that not possible on ps5? The hell?? This is news to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

PS4, PS3, & Vita all run off the same trophy "framework" which is why there are single lists out there with all platforms. The PS5's trophy lists, however, run off a new framework. This is why PS5 trophy lists cannot be shared with PS4 lists and they have to be separate, and also why you can't see PS5 lists on the PS3 (because support to see them was just never added in a PS3 update).

This new PS5 list framework fixes some limitations from the prior PS4 and older list framework like now being able to see individual trophy progress and being able to fit a lot more DLC trophies to a game without having to make separate "Additional DLC Trophies" list, but then you have extremely puzzling oversights like this where they seemingly can't link multiple trophy lists to a single title anymore, but also DLC list rules were seemingly thrown out the window where you can now add a ton of trophies to a piece of DLC like with this game and the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection. Yeah... It's really something lol

Yikes. I would say there are benefits to this new framework but the things you mentioned plus the tile size change are very off putting. I guess we'll see shared PS5 and PS6 lists maybe?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Yikes. I would say there are benefits to this new framework but the things you mentioned plus the tile size change are very off putting. I guess we'll see shared PS5 and PS6 lists maybe?

I would think PS5 & PS6 lists would be shared, but we don't know until that happens

10 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

How many CoD games can they now add to MW2 DLC over the years to come? 🤣🤣🤣

It could be s a lot, according to Train Sim World 2 PS5 list (which broke our site it has so many trophies) It appears there is a DLC list memory limit is around 48 - 50, otherwise the trophy count may be limited around 500? It's not clear the exact number yet as far as I know, but probably somewhere around there. They could (annoyingly) add several games, maybe anywhere from 5 - 10 total?

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

PS4, PS3, & Vita all run off the same trophy "framework" which is why there are single lists out there with all platforms. The PS5's trophy lists, however, run off a new framework. This is why PS5 trophy lists cannot be shared with PS4 lists and they have to be separate, and also why you can't see PS5 lists on the PS3 (because support to see them was just never added in a PS3 update).

This new PS5 list framework fixes some limitations from the prior PS4 and older list framework like now being able to see individual trophy progress and being able to fit a lot more DLC trophies to a game without having to make separate "Additional DLC Trophies" list, but then you have extremely puzzling oversights like this where they seemingly can't link multiple trophy lists to a single title anymore, but also DLC list rules were seemingly thrown out the window where you can now add a ton of trophies to a piece of DLC like with this game and the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection. Yeah... It's really something lol

Shame on SIE for not tweaking the PS5 framework to be rid of regional stacking either!

If only they did that, all profiles visible on the first page of the global leaderboard would have a lower platinum trophy count by a couple thousand knowing shovelware publishers are arguably the biggest abusers when it comes to region stacks. EU, NA, AS and JP x 2 platforms (PS4 + PS5) = 8 stacks, then x 2 again (vanilla release + “turbo” edition) = 16 stacks, then x by the number of food/drink items or animals to choose from… You get it.

• Like 2

This is madness. And to have a plat and separate list for PS4 and only DLC for PS5 is even more bizarre.

I guess each annual COD release is going to be new DLC for MW2 now?

Also, I'm not sure if anyone here has actually checked the list on their profile but there is a 50k kills trophy for zombies in there...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dry said:

Shame on SIE for not tweaking the PS5 framework to be rid of regional stacking either!

If only they did that, all profiles visible on the first page of the global leaderboard would have a lower platinum trophy count by a couple thousand knowing shovelware publishers are arguably the biggest abusers when it comes to region stacks. EU, NA, AS and JP x 2 platforms (PS4 + PS5) = 8 stacks, then x 2 again (vanilla release + “turbo” edition) = 16 stacks, then x by the number of food/drink items or animals to choose from… You get it.

This is also really annoying to me, it's obvious to me that the trophy system must be some kind of "side project" and nobody's really employed full time to ensure and maintain its quality, because otherwise they couldn't possibly not notice the glaring problems with these shovelware games and how they abuse the trophy system. The region splitting still being something developers can so easily do is still mind-blowing. Oftentimes with a massive company like Sony it means opportunities for a massive loss of focus or care for certain things until enough people make articles or videos at the same time about an issue

3 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Also, I'm not sure if anyone here has actually checked the list on their profile but there is a 50k kills trophy for zombies in there...

Zombie trophies are always a massive troll and a waste of time, and zombies haven't been good for over a decade now but they keep doing it for some reason. I never get all the trophies with any Call of Duty games when they have that mode lol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

so only the person who bought the pre-order will be able to launch mw3 and the other person will be able to launch it but only warzone (you need it to see CODHQ at all and when you click mw3, you will be greeted with a message about the need to buy it, in addition, people who have not bought mw3 can download the campaign,it's a joke but they even preventing game share 

22 minutes ago, Dry said:

Not really sure anyone at Sony really cares about the trophy leader boards or stacking. I don't even see the top accounts having multiple stacks as a negative. It really boils down to people like you either wanting to control how others spend their time and money in away to pretend like we are all on equal footing. 

PSN doesn't even have their own leaderboards for trophies. I guess that's why jealousy or envy over trophies isn't  a concern for Sony. The average PSN user isn't aware of their rank directly compared to others. They just feel comfortable with their own profile.

13 minutes ago, mati11120 said:

so only the person who bought the pre-order will be able to launch mw3 and the other person will be able to launch it but only warzone (you need it to see CODHQ at all and when you click mw3, you will be greeted with a message about the need to buy it, in addition, people who have not bought mw3 can download the campaign,it's a joke but they even preventing game share 

One would assume this is the Microsoft affect getting as much money back from the deal as possible, but no sure way to tell as this was always considered DLC and not a proper full game as it leaked months ago. The Division 2 did this thing also with the New York DLC it was tied to the user who purchased it, and you can bet your ass it got them more sales so yeah paying full price for a glorified DLC is a bitter pill to swallow, and I think the smart people will wait till it's in the bargain bin as there is no way this is worth full price so to anybody that shares I don't think you will be willing to part way with full price for a series that has not got better over the years but worse.

• Like 2

I'm glad I only have MWII at 100% on the PS4 and don't mess it up on the PS5, but this shit is unbelievable. I don't know what to say except that anything is possible. Still, it sucks that MWIII (a full new game) is being released as DLC to MWII, even though it was teased as DLC before it was changed and is sold as a full price title. It also looks like the trophies will be a little more difficult this year.

Edited by Lenzsotic1
addition
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KAIZER_SHARKY said:

I mean nice that they realize that it is only dlc but because of that now people who would like to have MW2 at 100% are now forced to buy MW3 is...

I don't think they thought that far ahead. This is repercussions of "single call of duty hub thing" that they announced.