Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yes, what if? :dunno:

I'm not saying it's good - I'm saying that outside of trophy-minded folks, no one will likely care - and even if they do, the result (a small minority of extra sales, from people potentially buying, playing and earning trophies for a game that they didn't really want to play in the first place, but feel the need to to maintain a completion percentage) is only really a benefit to the developer and producer.

It seems that that there is a negative for non trophy hunters too. Aparently you cannot game share MWIII, so if your family member/friend would want to play, they would have to play on your account and share your progress, or have to buy it on their own account. 

• Like 1

For the people saying that it’s a limitation, or even intentional. Why is it a separate list on PS4. Also, why do games with launch hubs such as the uncharted remastered trilogy, mass effect legendary collection, launch from the same title but have separate lists? 

I’m not bothered by this either way though, I’m only interested in this game because of the remade modern warfare 2 maps. But I can see why people would be pissed off, we’ll see if they fix it but I don’t think it’s meant to be like this.

36 minutes ago, ArcadeJedi said:

For the people saying that it’s a limitation, or even intentional. Why is it a separate list on PS4. Also, why do games with launch hubs such as the uncharted remastered trilogy, mass effect legendary collection, launch from the same title but have separate lists? 

Well those ARE ps4 games specifically. Do we know of a collection on ps5 that launches from one app and has separate trophy lists? 

This is ridiculous though. The COD HQ thing is so unnecessary and just makes it so i have to install a whole bunch of other bloat on my ps5 just to play one game, it'll get worse if they continue this with more games as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Treilio said:

It seems that that there is a negative for non trophy hunters too. Aparently you cannot game share MWIII, so if your family member/friend would want to play, they would have to play on your account and share your progress, or have to buy it on their own account. 

So we cant game share? 

1 hour ago, Treilio said:

why would we not be able to gameshare?

18 hours ago, BlindMango said:

What’s strange is it seems like multiple lists can’t be tied to one game with PS5 lists or something?

On PS4 games like the Spyro collection had three separate lists attached to one game, now there’s this weird crap where entire games are being attached as DLC trophies like with this game and the Uncharted game - seems like some strange limitation specific to the PS5 trophy list system Sony needs to sort out

This is (unfortunately) intentional, the MW3 game will share the same game tile as MW2 game rather than be a separate game

Yeah, you are right. Interesting choice by the devs. I do not like it.

14 minutes ago, Gumble_Monkey said:

So we cant game share? 

8 minutes ago, Episanguis said:

why would we not be able to gameshare?

This was posted earlier on the topic, I don't have the game though so can't confirm it myself:

Since its a dlc,they apparently removed games share mw3? I heard if you buy this game with friend digitally then only your friend can play is that true?

Edit: There was also this

Edited by Treilio

28 minutes ago, Treilio said:

This was posted earlier on the topic, I don't have the game though so can't confirm it myself:

Since its a dlc,they apparently removed games share mw3? I heard if you buy this game with friend digitally then only your friend can play is that true?

Edit: There was also this

fair, but i've been able to gameshare many DLCs, i don't see why this would be any different?

regardless i will wait until the game releases and someone can confirm or deny whether it can be gameshared before i buy it on the wrong account and can't even play it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Episanguis said:

fair, but i've been able to gameshare many DLCs, i don't see why this would be any different?

regardless i will wait until the game releases and someone can confirm or deny whether it can be gameshared before i buy it on the wrong account and can't even play it

There are some dlcs that can't be gameshared like in Watch Dogs Legion, not sure why though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leandrorhcp said:

This is pretty insane, but it's definitely not a mistake. If they're using only one hub to launch games, then it has to be a single trophy list linked to that app.

It's really sad for trophy hunters, but I think this is the way many of these big franchises will go in the future. We know Assassin's Creed is doing it next with their Infinity hub. So it'll basically be this one app with a single trophy list working as the game launcher. And each individual games, although sold as such, will be treated as add-ons to this main app by the PS5. Therefore, the only way to add trophies for the new games is by doing a DLC list.

So again, it's not a mistake but rather a limitation of the flawed trophy system. I believe this is the only way they can handle this on PS5 if they want to launch games through a hub.

This is probably the reason why MW3 is DLC on PS5, there are other examples too

Uncharted Drake Collection was a single app with 3 trophy lists on the PS4, Legacy Collection on the other hand made only one list and made Lost Legacy DLC

Monster Hunter World had 2 trophy lists, one to the base game and other to the DLC (with it's own platinum too), Rise however made his DLC actual DLC trophies on the PS5

It's sad, but it's not their fault (making Call of Duty HQ still was ass tho)

7 minutes ago, Episanguis said:

Whether it is possible or not will be written in the store actually.  

Currently it says on the pre-order:
"You can download and play this content on the main PS5 console associated with your account (through the “Console Sharing and Offline Play” setting) and on any other PS5 consoles when you login with your same account."

So you can gameshare. But the problem is - it is a bundle, there is a possibility that you can shar PS4 version, but not the PS5 one.

2 hours ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

I do feel for you guys that are paying full price for this

if they're annoyed by it... they could just... not buy it?

8 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

So if i don't have MW2 can i still play this? This is so confusing 

Yes. Just means you wouldnt get the Platinum or the base game trophies

2 hours ago, ArcadeJedi said:

but I don’t think it’s meant to be like this.

I'd imagine it is

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The same way all other DLC rarities are calculated: 

incorrectly. 

Okay but I have a legit question that doesn't seem to be answered in this thread:

If I remember correctly, not obtaining any trophies in a DLC pack will not count against your completion here, correct? I went from 100% with this game to 49% like every other plat holder, and I'm not going to get this game until I see reviews, gameplay, and my library has it for free. That's how I got the plats for MW2019 and MWII. My stats did not seem to take a hit from these trophies being added. Am I understanding the calculations correctly, even if the calculations themselves are wonky?

1 minute ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Okay but I have a legit question that doesn't seem to be answered in this thread:

If I remember correctly, not obtaining any trophies in a DLC pack will not count against your completion here, correct? I went from 100% with this game to 49% like every other plat holder, and I'm not going to get this game until I see reviews, gameplay, and my library has it for free. That's how I got the plats for MW2019 and MWII. My stats did not seem to take a hit from these trophies being added. Am I understanding the calculations correctly, even if the calculations themselves are wonky?

I think they do? - could be your stats are just not updated immediately?

I'm not certain though, so I'll leave it up to more knowledgable folks to weight in!

2 minutes ago, iiamon173 said:

but why the ps4 version has platinum while the ps5 its a dlc..? it doesn't make any sense really 

i just posted 2 mins ago

so to sum it up:

-activision didnt intend for it to be listed as dlc
- this is the limitations of the ps5 trophy system when games are released under the same launcher(COD HQ)
-this is a sony trophy system issue.

ps4 and ps5 trophy systems are seperately designed.

• Like 2