Top 5 games you played in 2023 (that have trophies)

LukeTheGooner

I made a really similar thread around this time last year as well, it was favourite game you played on in 2022 but this time I'm doing top 5

So what are your top 5 favourite games you played on in 2023? (I know we still have a month left but you could always edit if you need to)

btw the game didn't have to be released this year, for example this year you could have played and really loved a game from 2015 :)

my top 5 are (in no particular order)

Last of Us Part 2 - even though it's depressing and I wouldn't play it again, this game was amazing

Descenders - I helped discover a glitch that made a super hard plat way easier, this game was fun even without the glitch

King's Quest - only got all the trophies for this yesterday but this was charming

Hello Neighbour 2 - I love everything about the series

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance - my favourite game as a kid, lucky they re released it with trophies

what are yours?

btw this is my thread from last year in case you want to see what others played then

I'm going to make this into a yearly thing so nobody steal it, or you might "accidently" end up dead <3

• Like 1

1. Blasphemous 2

2. Afterimage

3. Spider-man 2

4. The Last Faith

5. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Love Metroidvanias so three of them on the list (maybe 4 if we are counting Jedi Survivor). Insomniacs Spider-man games has been great and part 2 continues the legacy. Can't wait for the Wolverine game!

• Like 2

1. Frostpunk

2. The End Is Nigh

3. Splasher

4. DJMAX Respect

5. Super Hiking League

Seems like I love my hard games 🤣

These 5 were all games I really really enjoyed, each for different reasons. Although, the top 2 stand out, Frostpunk becoming my 2nd favourite game ever, and TEIN becoming my favourite platformer. Both games are amazing and I'd recommend them if you want a solid game both quality and challenge wise 😁

• Like 1

1. The Last Of Us Part I

2. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

3. Alan Wake II

4. Resident Evil 4 Remake

5. Spider-Man 2

TLOU and Isaac are games I've been playing regularly for the past 10 years and I'm not gonna change that.

• Like 2

1. Horizon Forbiden West

2. Spider-Man

3. Stray

4. Tekken 7

5. Rocket League

My most active year on Playstation ever, so quite a few good choices - but also quite a few mid to bad ones. Still, deciding to finally tackle my evergrowing backlog was the right call  to experience a lot of stuff I would have left unplayed on my shelves otherwise.

According to my profile I've played only 12 games this year so it's gonna be easy:

1. Metal Gear Solid (nostalgia's speaking)

2. Call of Duty Classic (best old school FPS I've played so far, and finally some challenge from CoD)

3. Call of Duty World at War

4. Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris (done in co-op with a friend, was really fun)

5. Hitman 3

• Like 3

. The Last of Us part 2 remake

. Resident Evil 2 remake

. Resident Evil 3 remake

. Dead Space remake

. Final Fantasy 7 remake

Now playing Resident Evil 2 remake ps4 version(no autopop) already played the ps5 version😎

Edited by ReverzerO-
  • Like 1

Lords of the fallen

Weird West

Dysmantle 

Horizon Call of the Mountain 

Humanity

After Elden Ring last year, another Souls like in my first position. Lords of the fallen is probably the best souls that is not From Soft. I still play it even if I have already the platinum…. 

Beside, I had great surprises thanks to the PlayStation Plus extra games ! Weird west is excellent, Dysmantle is so perfectly addictive and Humanity has been so refreshing.

Finally, best VR game of the year, Horizon COTM, is a great flagship fit the PSVR2 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2023 at 1:21 AM, LukeTheGooner said:

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance - my favourite game as a kid, lucky they re released it with trophies

This game needs a better sale. It's too expensive for a 20yr old title. Lol. Anyway my top five are:

MLB The Show 23

Doom (2016)

Cuphead

Marvel's Spider-Man

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood

• Like 2