The PS5 and its controller are cheap manufactured overhyped garbage

ElektrickRage

I completely agree. I hate everything about Dualsense, and it's mind-boggling that we can't play PS5 games with DS4. I have a third party DS4 and it feels like 10 times more comfortable to use than Dualsense.

Sony are clueless as usual.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

The battery dies too fast, has battery technology no advance much with each generation??

Done by design, so we buy more controllers because we get sick of charging them every 5 minutes. I miss the days when the controller would last the day and then some. These controllers are awful, and it's even worse if you fell for buying that really expensive one where you can swap out the sticks for like £20 a time, it's a joke. The HDMI issue is very common, mine had that issue very cheap material, again done by design.

• Like 4

I'm on my fourth controller because R2 and L2 keep breaking and losing all resistance so I basically can't not be pressing them at all times. Plus I've had analogue stick rubber peal off and even my newest controller is a couple months old but starting to squeak.

I don't care about any of that compared to the design though. I've always chosen Playstation because their controllers are so comfortable instead of that bulky tiresome xbox design but that changed with PS5. I legitimately get sore hands playing with the dualsense the knuckle of my index has to press too firmly into the side of the controller to reach the analogue sticks so i find myself playing on PC or xbox at times just to get a break.

16 minutes ago, brightd00d said:

Especially the PS5 controller that comes with the ps5, within a month it started to have stick drift.

The ones you buy separately are drift free? 

Rants and jokes aside, the PS5 itself does feel kind of like a cheap toy, with the removable (and noisy because of that) covers almost designed to make it hard for you to vacuum the air vents. And the 3 controllers I had so far, each feeling very differently on the dpad and face buttons, to the point that with one of them I wondered if I got a cheap knock off... 

But then again, my PS4 Slim had a crooked HDMI port while it was brand new. It still works, but it took some force to plug it in. 

And with my first ps one, I had to use a spare PC power supply to blow air into the vents near the console's power supply in order for the disc drive to work properly, which was a known issue with the first model. 

Consoles are relatively cheap as far as gaming hardware goes, don't expect wonders in terms of build quality. 

• Like 2

I have 2 problems with the controller.

1. Some have a little drift, but it's barely noticable.

2. Out of the 5 I own (all sofferent colours), only the red one has no problems with the aux port. I have to adjust to headphones so many times (turn it in circles) to find a spot where I get audio. This also happened with the blue and pink controllers that came out last year. It's really annoying.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, plafix68 said:

Same here. I've really been impressed with the Dualsense. It's one of my favorite controllers. Sure the battery could last a little longer but I don't normally play long enough to where that's an issue or I just swap it out with the other controller I leave in the charging dock.

I thought the same - though I got a new controller a few months back, and I’ve noticed the battery in it seems to last a very noticably longer time - like double what the older ones do.

Might just be degradation of the older batteries, but seems such a big difference, that I suspect they’ve improved the batteries that go in them now

39 minutes ago, brightd00d said:

Especially the PS5 controller that comes with the ps5, within a month it started to have stick drift.

My 2nd controller which I've barely used is having this issue, games are unplayable using it. I have tried blowing into the analog stick and moving the stick in clockwise and anti-clockwise motions to disrupt whatever is causing it to bug out but nothing 

• Like 1

It's been pretty good for me so far if you don't count the first wave of them which were absolute dogshit. I had two from the release batch and within about three months the left trigger spring had gone on one of them and I had stick drift on the other. 

They've been fine since I replaced them though. I like the size and weight of the DS more than anything. My hands are massive so I don't feel like I'm gonna crush it like a bird egg every time I pick it up (looking at you PS3 pad). 

• Like 1

I've had to change the battery on my launch DualSense, but I just got an AliExpress one for like $10 and it lasts even longer than the original one. And honestly, I like this design a lot more than the PS4 controller.

• Like 1