Microsoft Confirms Plans To Release Xbox First Party Games “Across All Platforms”, Including PlayStation

Rebourne07

8 minutes ago, Helyx said:

It's almost like you need an install-base to make money on software.

5 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

I wouldn't count on everything coming to Playstation. 

This is The Embrace of the Embrace. Extend. Extinguish. Microsoft wants people in their ecosystem while making Sony reliant on their software

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

https://twistedvoxel.com/microsoft-confirms-plans-to-release-xbox-first-party-games-on-playstation/

OOOMMMGGG!!!! This is best case scenario imo. Starfield on PS5? Elder Scrolls VI on PS9? Halo MC Collection? Continued ABK games on PlayStation? Yall think it'll really happen?

The head of XBOX just said it what more you need LOL I really dont want these games maybe hi fi thats it! 

6 minutes ago, majob said:

Microsoft wants people in their ecosystem while making Sony reliant on their software

What software bro?

If Microsoft wants to outsource something of value, it'd be their network infrastructure.

4 minutes ago, Helyx said:

What software bro?

If Microsoft wants to outsource something of value, it'd be their network infrastructure.

The meme is funny but Microsoft bought ABK and subsequently COd along with a multitude of other publishers and studios with plans to buy more. They have software now, quite a bit of it

• Like 1

Just now, majob said:

Microsoft bought ABK and subsequently COd along with a multitude of other publishers and studios

My statement stands. What software? Nothing in their previous catalog has any value.

CoD would lose money being exclusive to Microsoft. I'm not seeing any part of this that's enticing to me.

• Like 2

I could see it happening on a case by case basis.  Until they completely bow out of the console game I can't see them releasing every game to the other systems.  Additionally I have to believe there is no way Sony allows Gamepass on PlayStation until Microsoft stops making consoles.

I suspect Starfield was a substantial contributor to this. They banked on that game so much and it was...fine. It feels like it being totally overshadowed by BG3, like basically everything else was last fall, took some steam out of their plans. I don't even know what the next big Xbox exclusive on the horizon would be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Helyx said:

My statement stands. What software? Nothing in their previous catalog has any value.

CoD would lose money being exclusive to Microsoft. I'm not seeing any part of this that's enticing to me.

They own Doom, Fallout, Elders Scrolls, COD, Spyro, Crash, Diablo, ect. There's a multitude of IPs in their possession now with loyal and dedicated fanbases and they plan on buying more. What you find interesting doesn't take away from this fact.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1