Microsoft Confirms Plans To Release Xbox First Party Games “Across All Platforms”, Including PlayStation

Rebourne07

Well then, it appears Xbox is the next SEGA (but of course that's assuming this isn't fake).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

https://twistedvoxel.com/microsoft-confirms-plans-to-release-xbox-first-party-games-on-playstation/

OOOMMMGGG!!!! This is best case scenario imo. Starfield on PS5? Elder Scrolls VI on PS9? Halo MC Collection? Continued ABK games on PlayStation? Yall think it'll really happen?

To be frank I don't care about Starfield, I think it looks like a bad Fallout 4 space game.

I do care about Elder Scrolls and the game that came out recently that looks cartoony.... I don't remember the name lol. Fable might be another one.

30 minutes ago, Dry said:

Well then, it appears Xbox is the next SEGA (but of course that's assuming this isn't fake).

Nah I think that after the terrible XboxOne generation and all the first party flops that they have suffered I think the shining product has been GamePass, now gamepass is not coming to Playstation, but I think by getting all their games to all platforms might be indirect advertisement of their product GamePass. (you like this game? You can have more like this on gamepass without spending $60 per game).

I hope that this is the moment that Sony and Microsoft start to play nice with each other.

Playing Fable, Gears of War, Sunset Overdrive, Starfield on PS4/5? That would be so nice.

And people being able to play Uncharted or something like that on Xbox?

In a perfect world, we would be able to play Pokemon/Zelda/Mario as well, but that ain't ever going to happen. :(

Perfectly understand if the companies keep something for themselves and not share every game.

But it's a good start that at least something is being shared. :)

(Not that Microsoft/X-box has a choice, they need us Playstation gamers.)

It will be fringe IP and IP that have been on PlayStation in the past.

1 minute ago, Justt--JD-- said:

I hope that this is the moment that Sony and Microsoft start to play nice with each other.

Playing Fable, Gears of War, Sunset Overdrive, Starfield on PS4/5? That would be so nice.

And people being able to play Uncharted or something like that on Xbox?

In a perfect world, we would be able to play Pokemon/Zelda/Mario as well, but that ain't ever going to happen. :(

Perfectly understand if the companies keep something for themselves and not share every game.

But it's a good start that at least something is being shared. :)

(Not that Microsoft/X-box has a choice, they need us Playstation gamers.)

Those games are never happening, they are core exclusive IP or are too old. It will be games like HiFi Rush, maybe future Doom games. Things like that.

11 minutes ago, MAUSZX said:

Nah I think that after the terrible XboxOne generation and all the first party flops that they have suffered I think the shining product has been GamePass, now gamepass is not coming to Playstation, but I think by getting all their games to all platforms might be indirect advertisement of their product GamePass. (you like this game? You can have more like this on gamepass without spending $60 per game).

theyd put gamepass on playstation if they could

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 5:21 PM, Muldec said:

Sure, we can try that.

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

https://twistedvoxel.com/microsoft-confirms-plans-to-release-xbox-first-party-games-on-playstation/

OOOMMMGGG!!!! This is best case scenario imo. Starfield on PS5? Elder Scrolls VI on PS9? Halo MC Collection? Continued ABK games on PlayStation? Yall think it'll really happen?

Why would you want to play starfield, you must know there are well made games to play 

I assume it'll be some of their games, not all of them. I don't mind either way. Xbox is a game pass machine to me and even if all of their games come over to Playstation, at least I'll know which ones I'll actually want to plat and which ones to not bother with. 

But if it's just the select games and not stuff like Halo - as mentioned, the Ori games need to be among those titles. 

Wouldn't mind Starfield either tbh. It's far from perfect, but under all the shitty design choices, it has that "it's not that amazing but it works" feel of a Bethesda game to it. 

17 minutes ago, Doodlebawp said:

Starfield loading screens and $40 yearly Diablo 4 expansions on PS5?  This is huuuuuuge!

What do you mean 40$ yearly Diablo 4 expansions? Blizzard sent surveys/polls they are thinking about 100$ dollar yearly not including the 3/4 seasons 🫣 

1 hour ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Those games are never happening, they are core exclusive IP or are too old. It will be games like HiFi Rush, maybe future Doom games. Things like that.

Actually, it's a possible scenario. The focus of Microsoft as a company was being present in everyone's home. The success of Windows is basically owed to never making hardware, but instead making software available to anyone, in any hardware imaginable.

I read the article (posted here) where it said that if someone buys a Series X and only a copy of Starfield, that would be a loss of money for Microsoft, as illogical as that sounds. Their business isn't in the consoles sales and they know it.

4 hours ago, majob said:

They own Doom, Fallout, Elders Scrolls, COD, Spyro, Crash, Diablo, ect. There's a multitude of IPs in their possession now with loyal and dedicated fanbases and they plan on buying more. What you find interesting doesn't take away from this fact.

Clarify please.  Agreed they have IPs, but it's not like they're installing an Xbox storefront on other consoles.  I believe that's what he means by software 

While releasing PS/Nintendo versions will make them more money, it doesn't bring anyone directly into their ecosystem.

3 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Clarify please.  Agreed they have IPs, but it's not like they're installing an Xbox storefront on other consoles.  I believe that's what he means by software 

While releasing PS/Nintendo versions will make them more money, it doesn't bring anyone directly into their ecosystem.

As it stands, Microsoft is the largest third party publisher for Sony with their purchase of ABK. it's not a matter of installing software on the Playstation but the games you buy and play are increasingly becoming owned by Microsoft. That's being part of their ecosystem, not just necessarily being  a gamepass subscriber or xbox owner. Sony is heavily reliant on the revenue COD brings in, they've made it no secret, hence their reliance on Microsoft publishing software on their platform. This is the Embrace phase.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

True but money speaks louder the words and they are losing SHIT LOADS OF MONEY on consoles just wait till switch 2 comes out! THe console market will be 95% PS and NIN xbox knoiws this!! They just dont have a fighting chance 3rd party is the only way to save the XBOX brand!

Xbox has lost money since it's inception. I'm not sure how it did during Xbone era, but it seemed to sell more than you'd think despite being not talked about at all.

And if they lose hardware they also lose on their subscription service fees, 30% of games they do not make like GTAVI will print money for everybody involved, and accessories have huge markups to offset hardware losses. 

• Like 1

I got Starfield on release on my PC. Possibly the one game I regret buying in 2023. It was so mediocre in almost every aspect. If anything it made me remember how much fun I actually had with the previous Fallout/Elder Scrolls games. If it does come to Playstation, I certainly wouldn't be touching it unless it comes to PS+ Extra lol.

• Like 2