Silent Hill: The Short Message is out now

What did you think of Silent Hill: The Short Message?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Silent Hill: The Short Message after playing it?

• Loved it
    • Liked it
    • It was ok
    • It was bad
    • It was awful
    • One of the worst Silent Hill games I've played

6 minutes ago, ShaNagbaImuru777 said:

Eh, I don't mind it having no trophies. Trophies are cool and all, but I am playing for the gameplay and the story, that's what matters. And this is our first taste of Silent Hill in 10 years, not counting the weird phone game.

Yeah, trophies would be a nice bonus, but they're not the draw here. Silent Hill is fricking BACK!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Basically an apology from Konami for cancelling Silent Hills. First person like PT, free to play... yeah, it's kinda obvious it's an apology so fans can back to the franchise, buy SH2 when it comes out and other games

One thing is sure: They will never apologize for what they did with Kojima, MGSV, P.T. and Silent Hills. Never. They are so stupid they didn't even understand what they were doing.

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

I could understand it not having a Platinum, but throwing in some trophies would have made me more eager to play it. 

Not me. I'm only vaguely interested in this title, if it had trophies, I'd probably just read about it so I didn't have to get 100%. Or feel like I had to, anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

I could understand it not having a Platinum, but throwing in some trophies would have made me more eager to play it. 

It must be incredibly short or something. But from everything I’m reading it sounds like both Sony and the developers are touting it as a real game and not a PT like people were speculating online, so I’m not sure why they chose to release it without trophies. I thought it was mandated that all games had trophy lists nowadays. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

It must be incredibly short or something. But from everything I’m reading it sounds like both Sony and the developers are touting it as a real game and not a PT like people were speculating online, so I’m not sure why they chose to release it without trophies. I thought it was mandated that all games had trophy lists nowadays. 🤷‍♂️

Free games do not have to have trophy lists. It’s the same as with PS+ Premium Classics (Ps1 & PSP), they’re the exceptions to the trophy mandate.

• Like 2

I just started but the performance while playing on my LG C2 is messing with my mind and making me sick literally. All the the blurring, the lagging/input lag. I may have to move my PS5 to my other tv to play it. Odd also not having any trophies for anything not considered a demo lol.

7 hours ago, Keidah said:

Free games do not have to have trophy lists. It’s the same as with PS+ Premium Classics (Ps1 & PSP), they’re the exceptions to the trophy mandate.

Nah free games get trophies all the time most recently roblox and INTERACTION ISN'T EXPLICIT i'm guessing both playstation and konami are treating this game as a demo that's why it's not getting any trophies. At least at the moment.

46 minutes ago, the_sultan999 said:

Nah free games get trophies all the time most recently roblox and INTERACTION ISN'T EXPLICIT i'm guessing both playstation and konami are treating this game as a demo that's why it's not getting any trophies. At least at the moment.

The difference is free games can have trophies but don’t have to. Even taking one of your examples, Roblox. It launched without trophies because they weren’t forced to have them. The devs later chose to add them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

The difference is free games can have trophies but don’t have to. Even taking one of your examples, Roblox. It launched without trophies because they weren’t forced to have them. The devs later chose to add them. 

that's true which leaves the door open hopefully for a future patch in with trophies. I'd be fine if we even have a list without a platinum

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Where are the trophies at? Sonys rules for trophies are so ass backwards. Roblox gets trophies but this doesn't smh 🤦 Do better

Not only do free games not require trophies, but demo's (not game trials) very rarely have them. This is more of a demo/teaser for what they'll soon release. P.T. never had one. Neither did that Matrix experience thing, or even the RE7 one where you find a tape at an abandoned shack.

I would've actually been really surprised if I saw this had a trophy list.

Edited by Riiszk

I love trophies as much as the next person but its really sad to see that some people judge a game's worth of playing based off these pixels, I guess what people have been saying for years is unfortunately true you are either a Hunter or a Gamer. Glad to see Silent Hill return and looking forward to more news on SH2 Remake in the future, hopefully this year but we will just have to wait and see.

It doesn't have trophies!!?? waste of time, boys. Let's go fetch some ratalaika games instead.

P.S. before someone sees my profile, yeah i have 1 ratalaika game, One night stand . And is kinda wholesome 😅

Edited by Ekir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2