Spring 2024 Backlog Challenge

20 hours ago, greggors95 said:

Update Number 2:

have restarted Guardians of Galaxy as played it when I first got it so never got into it properly alongside WWE 2k24.

4.) Marvels Guardian Of The Galaxy- 9%-21%

How do you find it so far? Tempted to finally play it..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Braddad9 said:

Hi everyone, I only bought my PS5 last week after not having a PlayStation since PS2 - so I have a rather large backlog of PlayStation exclusives!

My games will be as follows:

1. Spider-Man Remastered - 0% - 33%

2. Ghost of Tsushima - 0% (not looking forward to multiplayer trophies)

3. Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 0%

4. Horizon Zero Dawn - 0%

5. God of War - 0%

6. Astro's Playroom - 0% - 2%

Added.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

@MidnightDragon Seems like the platinum for The Making of Karateka is currently unobtainable. I was dumb and didn't doublecheck before swapping it in. Any chance I can change it? If so, I'd like to swap in Bloodborne (12%) in its place. If not, no big deal.

Thanks!

Yeah, go ahead and swap. For this, won’t count towards the swaps.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:24 AM, Buff_Cupcake said:

Update 4 -

Hey all! hope everyone had a nice weekend! 

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

I made some good progress since my last update, managing to complete the main story and start the end-game grind to get to max-level, level up my materia and generally start preparing my builds for the high difficulty content available. The sum of that content is to complete each main story chapter again on hard mode and to complete some hard mode VR missions (which are basically like self contained arena battles in a single room against specific enemy groups). From what a few other posters have said both here and on Reddit, it looks like these VR missions are way way more overtuned in terms of difficulty compared to Remake and the Intergrade DLC. so I'm looking forward to seeing that first hand!

As a side note - I wanted to flag this with @MidnightDragon - since it's most recent patch - the platinum is currently blocked for anyone who hasn't finished all of the side missions yet. The final side mission is bugged and prevents you from getting the associated trophy. I have no idea when they will fix it, i'm hoping that it will be in time for the end of the challenge. It's possible to bypass it if you have a physical copy and can revert the patch. But for digital owners like myself, i'm shit out of luck. I wanted to flag it just in case I need to move it out of my list. I'm sure it will be fixed sooner rather than later though.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

No progress on Iceborne since my last update. I don't want to lose my momentum here and i'm actually missing it a bit, so i'm going to jump back into it as soon as possible.

Next up:

This week i'm going to use my game time to start finishing off all of the battle-arena type missions in Rebirth. I've been keeping apace of the VR missions as they unlocked during my main story playthrough, but there are still loads left in other areas to complete too, along with the actual legendary/brutal VR missions that unlock at the end of the main story.

Not list related but I should also finally have the Powerwash Simulator DLC finished off too. I'm on the last mission, about 80% of the way through. It's an absolutely massive clean though, so it's been taking a while.

And that's all I got, have a lovely week everyone and see you in the next update.

• Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - 51% > 77%
  • Pacific Drive - 0%
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 - 0%
  • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 38% > 40%
  • Dying Light 2 - 0%
  • Dead Rising - 0%

If you want to keep it on your list in hopes they fix it, you can. If you want to swap it out, you can. An unobtainable doesn’t count towards swaps. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Update #2

Progress Since Last Update

• Wreckfest (37%) -> 100%
  • Ape Escape (1%)
  • The Knight Witch (12%)
  • Hello Neighbors 2 (0%)
  • Untitled Goose Game (0%)
  • PGA 2k23 (0%)
  • Twisted Metal 2 (0%)
  • Moving Out 2 (2%)

Rather surprisingly had a bit of time today to play before we head down South in Australia for some Camping over Easter. This meant I was able to tidy up Wreckfest. This game was surprisingly fun, with a bit of a drag towards the end. The guide says it is about 12H but took me 17. Lately I have really been enjoying racers and this was no different. The off-road drift mechanics felt pretty good and the demolition derby's reminded me of Destruction Derby games from the PS1 era.

Cant see myself making any trophy progress between now and next week, but glad to have made a strong start! 

Added. Sorry. Finally starting to feel less like a zombie. 

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 6:43 PM, Whyfire said:

How do you find it so far? Tempted to finally play it..

I'm enjoying it so far what i've played, combat is pretty repetitive but mostly been okay, it definitely got a unfair wrap due to being released not long after Avengers

• Like 2

Might burn a swap on Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom to swap for a game for my Kalediscope project... but that game is not free and I want to save my money as I have $700 on freeze-down due to me booking a hotel room for May 19th. They haven't taken the $500+ price for booking the room for three days out of my money yet and my dad says it's taking them a while to charge me, but I dunno. Part of me says to put the money back into savings because that money will be paid when I get there, but I dunno. :(

As such I have to wait until my check comes in for April to get any more games even though Ratchet and Clank(2016) is on sale for $9.99. I need to save a bit of cash for my final grocery trip for the month, which will probably cost me $100 as I tend to load up on snacks. :|

We'll see what happens. If I decide to burn a swap I'll post it.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Heather342 said:

Update #4

Hi everyone, hope you've all had a great week 😊

I managed to finish up the story on Strayed Lights, but as I had suspected I did indeed miss a few collectables. This has locked me out of most of my remaining trophies so a second playthrough is on the cards. The free roam at the end of the game only lets you explore the last level, and all the enemies are defeated. There's no chapter select either. There is a challenge mode, and you can replay the boss fights (need to knock out a trophy for defeating a boss without taking any damage). I wanted my first playthrough of the game to be a blind playthrough, so it was a risk, but the game is only 4 hours long, so it shouldn't be too much hard work to clean up the remainder of the trophies. I will follow a guide this time. With the long bank holiday weekend for Easter this week I should have plenty of time to knock this out.

I'm also continuing to chip away at Rayman. Playing on the Vita it's nice to pick up for short sessions, clear a level or two and then put down again. I finished up the 5th hub world, which then unlocked worlds 6-10. You can tackle these in any order, but I decided to go back and clean up some stuff I missed (hidden cages, relics, speed runs and completing level medallions). I've also finished up the remainder of the miscellaneous trophies, so it really is just a case of finish the game and collect everything. 

That's all from me, keep up the great work everyone 😁

Trophy progress:

- Rayman Origins -> 38 > 48%

- Strayed Lights -> 37 > 53%

Pending games:

- Solar Ash 0%

- Sea of Stars 0%

- Tunic 0%

- Eternights 0%

How difficult is Rayman O on the Vita? Hearing different stories on it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

How difficult is Rayman O on the Vita? Hearing different stories on it.

I haven't played the PS3 version of the game, but I've not found anything overly difficult playing on the Vita. The tricky treasure levels are a bit frustrating, as are some of the level speed runs, but it doesn't feel impossible. The Vita version does use some touch screen mechanics to pop bubbles which can come in handy if you miss grabbing a Lum in a bubble or an extra heart. The Vita version has 3 relics hidden in each level that you need to tap the screen to collect, they're hard to spot sometimes but they make a very distinct sound when they are nearby 😊. The guide rating of 8/10 might be a tad exaggerated, feels more like a 6/10 to me.

• Like 4