Leap Day 2024 Platinum Archive

18 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I'd like to join if still possible. I just platinumed Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (PS3) - 24.36 (uncommon) rarity.

Well, it's still the 29th in a lot of parts of the world, so should be good.

Also, thanks @Beyondthegrave07 for taking my idea and running with it. :)  I'll make my next leap day plat a unique one. :lol: 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Okay RNG be damned, because I got the Inescapable: No Rules No Rescue platinum today, I wasn't planning on completing it today until I finished the final route yesterday. and boy do I have thoughts on this game!

Lab9867.png

Inescapable is a visual novel that boasts that "You'll decide the outcome", and you know what that means, you'll go along a linear path and then get to the last two or three hours where the game starts to branch, right? Right?

Obviously the answer is no otherwise I wouldn't ask. 

Short plot overview first, you are Harrison, the Brit in this international story, and you've been kidnapped and placed on a lone island with 10 other Europeans (along with Jeffery McRayner Otterson the First, the pet rock.) And you are all being filmed for a TV show on the Dark Web, you've been given no rules other than to make the TV show interesting until you're freed with a 500,000 Euro prize six months later. 

To make this show interesting you will spend your time chatting with other contestants and occasionally participate in games arranged by your new friends or the production.

In Inescapable the first third of the game is spent establishing what kind of visual novel you think you're playing, this means you are being tracked in much more subtle ways, and this is part of the reason that it has a mixed reception (which I'm not part of, I firmly enjoy this game.) Who you talk with, what you say and even the side activities you play will determine the kind of player you are, whether you spent you time playing Wordle, or staring down the maid's chest, it's all tracked and will determine which ending you're heading for. It's very much reminiscent of Silent Hill Shattered Memories' approach to the endings.

Is that to say the endings are perfect... no, there's four proper endings and 2 of them feel incomplete, and it's a shame because the one I think is the best/true ending, ends too anticlimactically (at least it's the gayest one ;).) And one of the to more complete endings causes Harrison to become so unbearable, and it became hard to fathom him being a good guy in any other playthrough.

I like the very diverse line up and all their quirks: I love Chica's no nonsense and level headed take on the island, I enjoyed Gio's fatherly attachment he forms with Daan and Harri, and I enjoy how Lumi's voice actor constantly sound's like she's trying to avoid waking her roommates. 

There are less forgivable problems, it's not uncommon for the buttons to deactivate for no good reason and you need to restart which frequent autosaves makes slightly less painful. Some game mechanics are so underutilised it's ridiculous; notably the pathfinding puzzle which every playthrough starts with, only to be abanndoned until the true ending.

Overall I really like this game and it's corniness, it wears it's symbolism on it's sleeve so much that you just can't hate it. Hell, it opens with the "No man is an Island" poem, you can't hate that!

So that's Two games this leap day,

Spoiler

vrqQu03.png

I do question whether Inescapable will count as a Rare or not, because it's listed as Rare right now, but it only has 10 players so it's gonna become uncommon with 30%, so err... Help me out @Beyondthegrave07.

Edited by Breakingthegreen
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Okay RNG be damned, because I got the Inescapable: No Rules No Rescue platinum today, I wasn't planning on completing it today until I finished the final route yesterday. and boy do I have thoughts on this game!

Lab9867.png

Inescapable is a visual novel that boasts that "You'll decide the outcome", and you know what that means, you'll go along a linear path and then get to the last two or three hours where the game starts to branch, right? Right?

Obviously the answer is no otherwise I wouldn't ask. 

Short plot overview first, you are Harrison, the Brit in this international story, and you've been kidnapped and placed on a lone island with 10 other Europeans (along with Jeffery McRayner Otterson the First, the pet rock.) And you are all being filmed for a TV show on the Dark Web, you've been given no rules other than to make the TV show interesting until you're freed with a 500,000 Euro prize six months later. 

To make this show interesting you will spend your time chatting with other contestants and occasionally participate in games arranged by your new friends or the production.

In Inescapable the first third of the game is spent establishing what kind of visual novel you think you're playing, this means you are being tracked in much more subtle ways, and this is part of the reason that it has a mixed reception (which I'm not part of, I firmly enjoy this game.) Who you talk with, what you say and even the side activities you play will determine the kind of player you are, whether you spent you time playing Wordle, or staring down the maid's chest, it's all tracked and will determine which ending you're heading for. It's very much reminiscent of Silent Hill Shattered Memories' approach to the endings.

Is that to say the endings are perfect... no, there's four proper endings and 2 of them feel incomplete, and it's a shame because the one I think is the best/true ending, ends too anticlimactically (at least it's the gayest one ;).) And one of the to more complete endings causes Harrison to become so unbearable, and it became hard to fathom him being a good guy in any other playthrough.

I like the very diverse line up and all their quirks: I love Chica's no nonsense and level headed take on the island, I enjoyed Gio's fatherly attachment he forms with Daan and Harri, and I enjoy how Lumi's voice actor constantly sound's like she's trying to avoid waking her roommates. 

There are less forgivable problems, it's not uncommon for the buttons to deactivate for no good reason and you need to restart which frequent autosaves makes slightly less painful. Some game mechanics are so underutilised it's ridiculous; notably the pathfinding puzzle which every playthrough starts with, only to be abanndoned until the true ending.

Overall I really like this game and it's corniness, it wears it's symbolism on it's sleeve so much that you just can't hate it. Hell, it opens with the "No man is an Island" poem, you can't hate that!

So that's Two games this leap day,

vrqQu03.png

I do question whether Inescapable will count as a Rare or not, because it's listed as Rare right now, but it only has 10 players so it's gonna become uncommon with 30%, so err... Help me out @Beyondthegrave07.

I'll put an asterisk for some of them that have low player count or relatively new games. :)

EDIT: Also, you can post plats afterwards too and no need to sign up before the event. This is more to archive what the forum community did on the once-every-4-year day.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

7BYBev7.png

I did not achieve my goal of completing 4 games on 4 different platforms, but pretty sure completing 3 games on the same day is still a new personal record for me. I underestimated how long Tales from Space and Frogger would take to complete.

Edit: Links: Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (No platinum) 14.35%

Frogger: Hyper Arcade (No platinum) 12.81%

Super Stardust Portable (Common) 55.55%

Edited by Treilio
  • Like 4

Unfortunately, the only other game I was able to get the platinum on today was Gravity Duck for the PS Vita. I tried to finish Final Fantasy V and I missed a monster so I have to restart my entire game.  I tried to play Wild Arms but I wasn't feeling it. In fact, I am probably just going to turn in now and wake up at midnight and get to work on some other game so Final Fantasy VII and Gravity Duck are my only lame ducks for this year. Shame as I'll be 55 years old before the next Leap Day. :(

Congrats on all those people who got tons of games platinumed today!

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

I'm done then, it is the 1st here!

2 games in the bag...

still got 5 hours where im at, but the freeezing cold tired me out so i don't think ill get another today

• Like 1

Ended the day with an even dozen plats. Couldn't get the UR to complete the pyramid, but covered all other rarities

Very Rare

1Lbb7513.png Far Cry 4 (PS3)

Rare

1L99ac9a.pngWar Tech Fighters

Uncommon

1L8be277.pngLong Live the Queen

Common

1Lbc2f9c.png Replikator

1L60f1ad.pngHalloween Puzzle

1Lc5d7d9.pngSuper Box Delivery

1Ldf3e3a.png ToToGe

1Ld2cafc.pngKansei

1L511d21.pngKuroi Tsubasa

1Leb2b7a.pngUD Cave

1Le4de2f.pngRamp Car Racing

1L7638d7.pngTic-Tac-Toe

• Like 3

I didn't even notice this event, and it's already March 1st here, but I did earn the Assassin's Creed Liberation: Remastered plat on the 29th; so, if it's at all possible, please put me down for 1 entry. :)

ASSASSIN'S CREED LIBERATION: REMASTERED (PS4)

1Ld35cd9.png

Julius Caesar

Rare: 16.82%

If it's too late, then no worries.

• Like 4

Planned to have Miles Morales Platinum, but had to adjust plans because of time. 

Joining, just got a Platinum (Emerald Shores on the Vita) with 19 minutes to spare. Had a showing for Dune 2, that cut into my time today. Relieved...

S4c186a.png
All 30 Trophies
29th February 2024  Platinum in 5 years, 1 month
Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 3