Leap Day 2024 Platinum Archive

I was thinking of going for the pyramid, but I think I'll probably run out of time seeing as I'm starting a new job in a couple of days. 

So far I've prepped:

Final Fantasy II (beating the final boss will pop the last two trophies + plat), Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (collected all seven dragon balls to make final wish for the last character I need)

Resident Evil 4 (close to the end of my Standard S+ run)

So that's common, uncommon, and very rare ready. I may have time for the sub 5 hour God of War playthrough which will cover rare. I'm contemplating Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty for my ultra rare if I can just do a hard playthough rescuing all the mudokons before the 29th. We'll see :D

• Like 1

I have one easy trophy left for F1 22 (8.46%) and F1 23 (1.26%) and I shall be saving these for this, it was the plan all along. F1 23's online ranked mode trophy made me question my own worth as a human, so I needed to save it for a special day like this!

• Like 1

So far I have these ready for the 29th

dead space extraction-ps3

kingdoms of Amalur reckoning-ps3

RoboRet (shovelware)-ps4

Donuts and Justice-ps4

Save the world (actually reading it)-ps4

Crazy chicken kart 2 -ps4

Devious dungeon 2-ps4

captain america -ps3

neon junction-ps4

wolf among us -ps4 + vita

warlocks tower- ps4+vita

I have others I want to add but they aren’t ready yet will update as they get done 

Edited by JCP3953
  • Like 2

Sign me up!  Some games I'm kicking around for Feb 29 will be:

Until Dawn - PS4 - Been sitting on the backlog for years

I Am Dead - PS5 - Haven't played this one yet but would like to knock it out in case it leaves the catalogue

Grid Legends - PS5 - If I could finish the base game that would be great.  Don't know if I'm going to buy the DLC, though.

Life is Strange 2 - PS4 - Another game not on my profile, but might do this one.  @GT__Jedi says it is pretty boring, though xD

• Like 2

Can you add me to the participants list? I have Far Cry 4 all set up for a VR and should have War Tech Fighters for Rare (and maybe Haven). Lots of options for common. Hope to find an Uncommon but sadly won’t have time to get an UR for the pyramid

• Like 1

Alright, so I think I've decided on the games I'm gonna be trying to build this pyramid with. I've got Rollerdrome and Apocalipsis lined up for VR and Common so far. We'll see if I can get the other few games prepared for next week. If I have enough time I'll try to snag a 100% no plat game on Vita as well.

Ultra Rare - (PS4) Of Bird and Cage

Very Rare - (PS5) Rollerdrome

Rare - (PS4) Remothered: Broken Porcelain

Uncommon - (PS4) Feudal Alloy

Common - (PS4) Apocalipsis: The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

100% - (Vita) Retro City Rampage DDX

• Like 1

I meant to save Resistance Retribution for the 29th and accidentally popped the last trophy. Based on all the previous story missions, the trophy popped after the cutscene, but for the final trophy, it popped as soon as the last bullet went into the final boss! Oops 😬 

I still have two other plats prepared for the event, but it would have been neat to have another!

• Like 3

Subnautica: Below Zero is basically ready to go. I have a few easy trophies left to go that I’ll pop one a day till Thursday. In the meantime I’ll get back to Elden Ring as I have 2 and a bit playthroughs I want to get done before the DLC comes out as I want to take every PS5 character I have through it.

• Like 1

I've already decided on at least one game to participate in this event with...

6276d2ae-63cd-43d8-b5b9-d642ff1e9a80_128

Considering that Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is coming out on Leap Day, I'm going to try to score the original Final Fantasy VII platinum on that day. (Not Rebirth, that'd be on my other profile and that'd be crazy. I also don't have enough money to buy Rebirth as I am done to $45 on my bank account due to other purchases, like Persona 3 Reload. :lol:)

15 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I meant to save Resistance Retribution for the 29th and accidentally popped the last trophy.

Yeah, I know the pain. I meant to save my PS Vita version of Oceanhorn to pop on my Platinum Rain Day, but I forgot that the Wizard challenge for getting all five spells isn't a trophy so I just got all the Bloodstones and hit max level to get the Legend trophy, which was the last trophy. Oops. :lol:

I mock screamed, but to be honest, that's fine. I'm just glad that stupid game is off my Vita so now I can focus on Dragon Quest Builders, though I might just restart the game on the PS4 version as the Vita is bad with lighting so I kept wandering into ghosts when night fell. :(

• Like 1

So far I have four games on the ready for Leap Day

Nobody Saves the World

Brotato

Call of the Sea

Undertale

I have a few more levels left on Evil difficulty for Evil West, so I'll try to hold off on finishing the last boss until the 29th as well. After that I have maybe one or two more that I can try to squeeze in before then.

• Like 1

Count me in. I'm going to try to get Lake ready before Thursday. Too bad the 29th wasn't on a weekend or else I might have been able to do another game, but I've been so focused on playing Ishin that I didn't really give myself time to set up anything else.

• Like 1

Sure, I can be a multiple plat earner. I said Final Fantasy VII was on the docket due to Rebirth being released on Leap Day, but I also have Final Fantasy V, Dragon Quest Builders and a ton of other games I could prep. (For some reason my online bank account is not registering games I have purchased and deducted the money from the bank account, and I bought LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga Deluxe Edition[by mistake, I thought that I prepped the PS4 version] and Enigmatis 3[for my alphabet challenge] and somehow despite spending around $33, the account still says I have $85 left in my saving accounts when it should be $52. I am hoping this is a bank oversight and will be corrected before my next check comes in on Friday. :()

On 2/20/2024 at 10:30 AM, Prometheous101 said:

Im in. Will do my best to do something on the 29th.

I am definitely popping:

1. Beat Saber (PS5,VR2) - 3.77%
  2. Paper Beast (PS5,VR2) - 16.79%
  3. Telefrag VR (PS4,VR1) - 12.37%

Might find something else as well, will see how much time I have on that day.

• Like 1

I have these two games on PS4 prepped for Thursday so far. I'll see if I can get one or two more by then.

Ld80014.png

Dinobreak

Lcc850d.png

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it looks like all of my other plans I planned will have to be scrapped. I didn't realize how much time I would need for the original Final Fantasy 7, holy moley, I just completed what is essentially Remake and am now on the overworld. I started last night but my body is stupidly old and keeps getting tired. Not only that but I had to get some emergency rations at the grocery store so I lost a lot of time. Gonna try to get to Final Fantasy V this week, but I want to get Final Fantasy 7 done before the end of the 29th. :(

Also had to watch the Pokemon Direct on Pokemon Day, it was very short and only had two new announcements: A mobile app that lets you play the Trading Card game on your phone and a Legends game slated for next year. Not sure if this means we won't get any more new games this year, but if we are, Game Freak and TPC are keeping their doors closed about it. Ah well, hopefully when March rolls around Yoshida will surprise us with FFXIV news. ^_^

Edited by ProfSeajay7