Leap Day 2024 Platinum Archive

1 hour ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

I'm in for this one. The thought of earning Leap Year plats had never even crossed my mind, pretty sweet event concept though! Not sure what I'll be playing yet, but I'll figure it out in the coming days. 🐸

Me neither honestly until @MidnightDragon said something about it in a status update.

It really is a neat concept, and I was honestly surprised to see folks like @FilmFanatic who were way ahead of the curve and were already doing this! XD

• Like 4

Just now, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Me neither honestly until @MidnightDragon said something about it in a status update.

It really is a neat concept, and I was honestly surprised to see folks like @FilmFanatic who were way ahead of the curve and were already doing this! XD

Yea, I just asked if anyone else was thinking about it and he got inspired 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I was originally inspired to do it when @Dr_Mayus bought it up in 2016. Of course he mentioned it on February 28th so I had to haul ass on the quickest game in my backlog which was Tales From The Borderlands. Stayed up much later than I should have that night so I’d have time to finish it the next day after work.

I’m also going to have to change the plat I pop because I don’t want to play anything other than Elden Ring at the moment. Probably shouldn’t have jumped back into it last night because now I don’t want to stop playing it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’m also going to have to change the plat I pop because I don’t want to play anything other than Elden Ring at the moment. Probably shouldn’t have jumped back into it last night because now I don’t want to stop playing it.

You have no idea how relatable this is right now. 

In, great idea! Hope I will save some last trophies to pop the platinums exactly on the 29th.

Helldivers 2 comes to mind, but being excited about the game too much, I might get all the trophies earlier.

Current backlog of started games is a little too difficult to make the strong date commitment.

• Like 1

I've got two games ready now with a third by the end of today. Just need a very rare and an UR plat for all the rarities, which will be the toughest part.

• Like 1

I'm at the final fight for Kingdom of Paradise and plan to save this for the 29th.

Not sure what I'll move to next. No way I'll be able to get the pyramid. I could probably find a common and a rare platinum pretty easily, but there are 2 problems; time and finding a "quick" VR and UR platinum.

Not to mention that I am going to a basketball game right after work that day... I'll just settle with what I can do. 😅

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

PSNP rarity. 

Grand, good to know. In that case, I'm going for 5 plats of different rarity then :P

Should be just about feasible to get done.

Ultra rare: Attack On Titan 2 PS4
Very rare: Startup Company PS5 EU
Rare: Lego Star Wars Skywalker saga PS5
Uncommon: Evoland PS4 EU
Common: √Letter PS4 EU

Edited by BrightPurpleFin
clarification
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BrightPurpleFin said:

Grand, good to know. In that case, I'm going for 5 plats of different rarity then :P

Should be just about feasible to get done.

Ultra rare: Attack On Titan 2 PS4
Very rare: Startup Company PS5 EU
Rare: Lego Star Wars Skywalker saga PS5
Uncommon: Evoland PS4 EU
Common: √Letter PS4 EU

Best of luck! It's definitely a tough challenge!

Started playing Star Ocean First Departure R. Doubt I can finish it all before the 29th, but I will be eying to see what classics get added this month and may do one or two of them (debating doing Siphon Filter) before then. 

Of course, if something I'm interested in comes up in extra, that could be on the table as well...

• Like 1

I'd like to participate as well. 16 days in the future is actually kind of a while for me with regards to what I might be playing but I'm going to finish Nobody Saves the World over the next few days and then I'll think about it a bit more concretely

• Like 3