Microsoft Games Are Going Third Party (Hi-Fi Rush/Pentiment/Sea of Thieves/Grounded release dates confirmed)

Rozalia1

The Xbox 360 was my main console of that generation, and the only Xbox that I’ve owned. I loved it and the games that I played on it, things like Gears were just awesome games at the time and the ease of playing online with the console was great. PlayStation won me back around by the end of that generation, and then in my opinion the PS4 and PS5 have been the more attractive consoles. I’m not someone who buys multiple consoles mainly because I don’t have time to play everything I’d like to play on just one console so why increase that pile of shame with 2?! So news that some of these Xbox games might be coming over is great. I’m only interested in Gears and Forza which reading here might be two franchises that won’t be going multi platform but oh well. I can hope! It does make me think though that the Xbox exclusive line up really does nothing for me overall bar those two series and that I’ve not missed out sticking with PS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

From Xbox games only interested in gears 1-3 and Killer Instinct, that’s it probably 

Same gears is really nice game. Hopefully warhammer darktide 🤞

Edited by WeeJ87
  • Like 1

Not sure what happened to them in the span of a few months. Things seemed to be going up for Microsoft's gaming division. Feels like fairly recently they only just got approved of the Activision-Blizzard deal. They've only released like two of their heavy hitters. Then they suddenly just give up? Was Redfall and Starfield that disastrous for them? 

• Like 1

Money. Thats all there is to say about the whole Situation. Like Spencer said on Twitter/X, "Business" Update next week.

A Lot of Money invested for Exclusive Deals/Acquisitions/Gamepass Deals and not enough in return. And in my Opinion Jim Ryan was completely right about the whole Day1 on gamepass and/or PS+ is not sustainable. Why would i buy Spiderman if i had the Chance to play and finish it during my Subscription? Its a great Deal for the consumer but probably the worst for the Dev( probably not so much for Smaller Studios) . IIRC There was an Article about Forbidden West on PS+? basically saying, putting the game on PS+ was loosing them money big time and we all know how much some of the games today cost. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Herwest299 said:

Was Redfall and Starfield that disastrous for them? 

In short, yes.  Apparently, Redfall was a disaster and Starfield was lackluster.

Seems like it may have sparked a panic with whoever is in charge.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, majob said:

No way to know for sure of course until next week. For the record this Twitter handle is a microsoft shill

Almost want to bet on this being some weird kind of "damage control", but we'll know soon enough one way or another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boaly2008 said:

What appears to have happened, and obviously we dont know anything real until this presentation theyve got lined up, is that, in the process of integrating the ABK accounting into their own, it became clear that if they keep all this stuff exclusive then they would just never make the money back on the acquisitions.

Maybe it will be a gamepass for ps monthly charge etc 

1 hour ago, majob said:

Companies don't waste time typically addressing rumors to be fair. It would set a precedent of needing to address every dumb rumor and story that creeps up at that point. Take Sony's silence despite Microsoft making claims that they were barring them from getting games on xbox with unfair exclusion contracts which turned out to be false.

They did address it. Phil tweeted about it then said he is going to give a presentation about it next week.

They didnt deny it, but they did address it.

• Like 3

Halo or Gears coming to PS would be massive. Those would be Day 1 buys for me honestly. Hell, I even bought an Xbox One for a short while just to play through Halo MCC. 

I could imagine those games exploding in popularity again too with all the new players it would bring in to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChilledBrandon said:

Halo or Gears coming to PS would be massive. Those would be Day 1 buys for me honestly. Hell, I even bought an Xbox One for a short while just to play through Halo MCC. 

I could imagine those games exploding in popularity again too with all the new players it would bring in to it.

Hell yeah. I never played Halo 4, 5 or Infinite, and getting to replay Halo 3 and Reach would be a treat. Fuck, I really just miss Halo. Honestly, that'd make my year if Phill announced that the MCC is coming to PS5. Actual dream come true. Too good to be true, almost. Hoping these rumors aren't a mirage.

Edited by AlonMercer
  • Like 2

All rumor and speculation are false that including Indiana Jones, starfield and gears of war comes to ps5.  The real news that everybody in this forum goes straight from xbox.  That is why (I hate rumor) Beetlejuice 2 fake trailer that I seen are speculation before wb announced.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-exact-difference-between-rumours-and-speculations

Edited by jtmart59
  • Confused 2