Microsoft Games Are Going Third Party (Hi-Fi Rush/Pentiment/Sea of Thieves/Grounded release dates confirmed)

Rozalia1

1 hour ago, jtmart59 said:

All rumor and speculation are false that including Indiana Jones, starfield and gears of war comes to ps5.  The real news that everybody in this forum goes straight from xbox.  That is why (I hate rumor) Beetlejuice 2 fake trailer that I seen are speculation before wb announced.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-exact-difference-between-rumours-and-speculations

That's not exactly correct.  When people on the inside with good history of accurate leaks drop this info, it lends a bit more of credibility to it.   Factor in the so-far failures of the Bethesda exclusives and Spencer's response to all of this, and there's a fair chance there's a big change coming down the line.

• Like 4

On 2/10/2024 at 6:48 PM, ChilledBrandon said:

Halo or Gears coming to PS would be massive. Those would be Day 1 buys for me honestly. Hell, I even bought an Xbox One for a short while just to play through Halo MCC. 

I could imagine those games exploding in popularity again too with all the new players it would bring in to it.

I would guess most of the Xbox games that people say "they wouldn't play even if they were free" are gonna end up being on the top popular games list on the main page if they actually have a PS5 release. Be it curiosity, trophies, whatever, people are just gonna play those games. And some of them are just really good. 

Even the "oh so bad" Starfield, which is flawed for sure, but nowhere near as bad a people make it out to be, it's a pretty decent game if you like Bethesda stuff. 

Personally I doubt we're looking at Halo on Playstation, but who knows... I wouldn't mind, if they cut the multiplayer stuff I'd be very interested in replaying and platinuming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

The fact that it's a podcast of all things is amusing to me for some reason...

Maybe to tone down expectations? Or maybe Phil is being a coward? It seems like an odd choice.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Hello everyone and welcome to the first episode of Xbox with the Xboys, our official podcast on all things Xbox and Microsoft. I'm your host Phil Spencer. With today's guests Sarah Bond and Matt Booty, we'll be talking about the future of our company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BusyFace13 said:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/12/24067370/microsoft-xbox-playstation-switch-games-future-hardware

Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush named as the first two games coming to PS5 if Tom Warren's 'sources' are to be believed.

Literally the only two XB games I would want to play, other than perhaps Hellblade 2 if it turns out to be as good as it looks.

Third possible game after those two is Sea of Thieves. I doubt anything outside of those are officially announced this week.

If Hellblade 2 ever did get ported to PS5, you'd be waiting 2+ years after the Xbox/PC release. They have multiple projects in the works and I doubt they've touched a PS5 dev kit.

1 minute ago, Slava said:

Hello everyone and welcome to the first episode of Xbox with the Xboys, our official podcast on all things Xbox and Microsoft. I'm your host Phil Spencer. With today's guests Sarah Bond and Matt Booty, we'll be talking about the future of our company. 

Welcome to the first and last episode of the Xbox podcast. Xbox dead.

• Like 1

I wonder sometimes if they themselves at the top of Xbox leaked this to test the waters if there's any real interest from the ps fan crowd for some Xbox exclusives.  It's just a conspiracy theory in my head I know, I guess we'll never know their motives. Fallout London would be very sweet though.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, majob said:

Companies don't waste time typically addressing rumors to be fair. It would set a precedent of needing to address every dumb rumor and story that creeps up at that point. Take Sony's silence despite Microsoft making claims that they were barring them from getting games on xbox with unfair exclusion contracts which turned out to be false.

True, but not the case with Xbox. Their management is extremely online and in the past have quickly rubbished rumours or put some spin on them. Them not doing so is out of character and implies that they see no point in doing so as it'll soon be revealed to be the case.

21 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I love how people are like "credible sources" and the report is that Starfield has been in development for over a year but yet only one rando on some forum is the only leaker about this info.

It was more than one, and the one who is now recanting wasn't even the first one.

21 hours ago, BusyFace13 said:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/12/24067370/microsoft-xbox-playstation-switch-games-future-hardware

Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush named as the first two games coming to PS5 if Tom Warren's 'sources' are to be believed.

Literally the only two XB games I would want to play, other than perhaps Hellblade 2 if it turns out to be as good as it looks.

Some are trying to use that news to put forward that Starfield and others getting ported is false info... but it doesn't work like that. In fact, it wouldn't be the first time we've seen this sort of stuff from Xbox.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/gears-of-war/phil-spencer-says-not-every-xbox-game-will-come-to-pc

Every game was then day and date on PC until it was normal, and then they started pushing it as a big plus with their platform when compared to PlayStation/Nintendo. It is the boiling frog essentially. Port over just a few games at first so the outrage is minimised, something they likely have to do anyway as porting takes manpower and time, and then just keep adding and adding until everything is ported over.

45 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Xbox fans have been mad for 10 years straight

It is the cruellest twist possible that just when they thought they had finally won because Microsoft was going to inevitably spend Sony out of business, this happens. Sad stuff, think of all the great games many have missed due to this hatred in their hearts. The fans reflect the company I suppose as Microsoft is much the same. Microsoft built themselves a completely one sided conflict with Sony, which they have been losing hard in, and during all this time other companies on Mobile and PC swooped in and utterly devastated Microsoft on those platforms.

19 hours ago, Slava said:

Apparently it should have video, they'll just be sat on some chairs the whole time and talking more casually. Could be due to having to move forward the announcement so much, to where they feel they can't nail a presentation, but with this being Spencer, he might think it'll come off better if they're more 'humble' about it.

I'll update the OP once that podcast hits and we hear some news. I expect we'll hear all the greatest hits from Xbox and they'll indeed announce just a small number of ports while leaving out that everything will eventually get ported over. As for hardware news... there has been some talk from Xbox influencers and the like and... eh. The refresh was apparently cancelled and I think we'd have heard if it entered production so... an announcement that it'll start production and be available way down the line? For a system that isn't selling well at all? Don't see it. Then you have the talk of the next Xbox being a Switch like console which... really now? So Microsoft's response to getting utterly wrecked by Sony is to... go compete against Nintendo? It'd be like a guy getting beaten to a pulp by the world champion of Boxing, swearing off Boxing, and then getting in the ring with the world champion of Kick-Boxing. It isn't going to go any different.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

It is the cruellest twist possible that just when they thought they had finally won because Microsoft was going to inevitably spend Sony out of business, this happens.

Flagship/exclusive games already did provide enough evidence decades ago that this just wont work.

GT vs Forza ?

It doesnt matter what kind of quality both games had, PD was simply doing whatever they wanted regardles of how Turn10 was trying to compete.

When only one side is fighting and the other isnt recognizing any fighting, then the one fighting is the only one losing.

The very same is true for Sony going about the business of MS - they dont need to care. 

Although of course both need profits, sheer profit is not the way the Japanese are operating towards.

Well that was a whole lot of nothing. I’m guessing at least two of those games are Hifi Rush and Sea of Thieves. 

It’s also funny seeing Xbox fans celebrate and cheer Sony not getting Starfield, as if it was actually a highly demanded, amazing game we really wanted. I’d easily take the latter two over Starfield. 

• Like 4

I figured this would probably turn out to be a nothingburger despite all the hype on gaming sites over the past few weeks. Endless hours of text and video debating the pros and cons and whether Xbox should do this or not, and it turns out to be 4 games, not every Xbox title ever made.

Pentiment and HiFi Rush are good choices to be sure as both as supposed to be excellent, and Sea of Thieves makes sense. Couldn’t care less about Starfield, especially since it turned out to be mediocre and not the second coming of the Bethesda RPG as was anticipated. What does annoy me is MS buying third-party studios like Bethesda or ActiBlizz and then making future titles (at least in many situations) exclusives. The world needs less exclusivity, not more, and taking a studio that previously made cross-platform games and restricting future games to GamePass is a step in the wrong direction if you ask me.

I understand and acknowledge the role first-party exclusivity plays in platform choice and console sales, but ffs leave the third parties out of that nonsense.

• Like 1