Microsoft Games Are Going Third Party (Hi-Fi Rush/Pentiment/Sea of Thieves/Grounded release dates confirmed)

Rozalia1

3 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

They leaved the door opened, they say we will see this more in the future 

Will there be demand for Starfield game looks so mid.

remember that game cuphead that was xbox exclusive for ages until released on playstation?  i always want that game so badly until playstation released and guess what i owned that best game.

10 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Went exactly as I thought it'd go. Microsoft always has to play these pointless PR games to feed online toxicity that does 0 to help their business. I'll be updating the OP with the news and some thoughts.

The army online is already on the march and attacking the leaks and people who have been saying that everything was going to come. Considering how hard Microsoft is into PR it would not surprise me if they purposely let that stuff leak, didn't deny anything for a week, and then dropped this 'it is only 4 games' business. What does that do? People who were panicking before will now be relieved that it isn't all of them and just 4, the worse case scenario is avoided and so they're back on board. Naturally when it is clear that it is all of them later the time for outrage has passed.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/gears-of-war/phil-spencer-says-not-every-xbox-game-will-come-to-pc

As I said before, it is the boiling frog. Spencer played this exact game with day 1 on PC. The reason? Simple. Take that Indiana Jones game for example. They say it is going to PS5 then some people will simply wait for it. If however it is unknown if it'll come to PS5 when it releases then there is the chance that they'll buy an Xbox. Deceit, but what else can you expect from Microsoft.

It'll go unnoticed but there are other real gems from Spencer. First of all he straight up is port-begging now. The boss of a platform... is port-begging like some random forum poster. He doesn't understand why Helldivers 2 is not on Xbox, who does that help? This relates to the whole 'multiplayer games should be on all platforms' which I have been seeing a lot online for a while now, with Xbox people all certainly being onboard. Another related gem was a call back to when he said that Starfield being a 11/10 wouldn't make a difference, that being that exclusive games don't sell consoles (!!!). Many might say the man is an imbecile for saying these things, but for those who pay attention it is clear it is just putting out a PR narrative as they love to do. First off, don't worry about exclusives leaving Xbox because they don't sell consoles anyway, no one cares. Secondly, it would not shock me if the astroturfing starts presenting exclusives as being 'anti-consumer'.

As for consoles. They're putting out there that they both 'want' to put forward a powerful console (biggest leap ever) and also a portable. That will no doubt get used to keep people online busy, but as always, it should be taken as empty talk due to who it is coming from. Xbox has been power obsessed so a powerful console is certainly possible. The surface team has also apparently taken over Xbox hardware so a portable is also certainly possible. All that said, they can also say all these things and then not put out another console.

Game pass. We got a number, 34 million. Up from 25 million around 2-3 years ago. Naturally this number is getting pushed as being a positive one, but in reality isn't. This number includes Game Pass core, which used to be Xbox Gold. Once you take both the numbers we had for Game Pass and Gold into account it shows that Game Pass has certainly declined. It hasn't been simply not growing, but instead been straight up losing numbers. Keep in mind that Microsoft's goal was to have 100 (!!!) million by 2027 was it? So they have 3 years to triple their current subscription count.

It doesn't make sense because they're playing PR games and lying. 

Refer to my writing above this quote. 34 million as far as I know is actually a bad number. The 20s you're thinking of only was a thing because 25 million 2-3 years ago was the last announced number and Xbox, as they always do when numbers start looking bad, stopped providing them.

The whole thing was very controlled and a bunch of articles clearly already ready just launched. They're trying to fool people into this being no big deal so the smaller presentation helps towards that.

Exactly. The one thing I'll add though is that if the order is coming from above Spencer then how the games do will actually be irrelevant. If they sell then that shows they need to port more. If they don't then they were the wrong games for whatever reason so port more.

honesly mlb the show that was playstation exclusive until release on xbox every year

5 hours ago, majob said:

Exclusives drive the ecosystem of consoles

Wrong.

3 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

They say it is going to PS5 then some people will simply wait for it. If however it is unknown if it'll come to PS5 when it releases then there is the chance that they'll buy an Xbox. Deceit, but what else can you expect from Microsoft.

"Deceit", like they owe you anything. Cringe.

Isn't this the same exact thing that Sony did with suppressing the info that Spider-Man: Miles Morales would also be on PS4?

• Confused 11

2 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, Pentiment and Grounded are apart from perhaps SoT, games that I generally find interesting and worth playing. Could have been worse(Redfail)

Still could be, as none of this is confirmed.

14 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

id play hifi rush if it goes on sale for 9.99

Most likely 79.99$ or 89.99$ for the PS6 version for that privilege 😉

14 hours ago, majob said:

Exclusives drive the ecosystem of consoles regardless of how upset it makes people they can't play a certain game on their platform of choice, it's important to make the hardware worthwhile in comparison to the competition

Sony and Microsoft disagree with that it seems, only Nintendo will continue with the traditional close ecosystem model.

Pay close attention to the recent Sony financial results, the break their profit record but is not  translated to a increase in profit.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-wants-to-improve-playstation-profit-margins-with-more-aggressive-pc-release-strategy/

And from S.I.E itself , read the first and second file

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/archive.html

Edited by ASMODAIOS344

Looks like the people predicting Xbox’s collapse will be disappointed. This isn’t even exciting news. Nothing is changing. Xbox will continue to put games on other consoles just like Sony puts games on Xbox. Like nobody freaked out when MLB made Sony go multiplatform or the fact Bungie will continue to be multiplatform. 

10 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Wrong.

"Deceit", like they owe you anything. Cringe.

Isn't this the same exact thing that Sony did with suppressing the info that Spider-Man: Miles Morales would also be on PS4?

Can anyone elaborate on this list? i'm missin something or no way that this is accurate. It's missing Baldur's Gate 3 which topped every chart ever for weeks, armored core 6 which was steam top selling number 6, alan wake 2 which was a banger. I don't think this can be accurate.

16 minutes ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

Can anyone elaborate on this list? i'm missin something or no way that this is accurate. It's missing Baldur's Gate 3 which topped every chart ever for weeks, armored core 6 which was steam top selling number 6, alan wake 2 which was a banger. I don't think this can be accurate.

Looks like the same list here. The article I link says it’s not perfect as not everybody announces digital sales. 

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/the-20-best-selling-games-of-2023-in-the-us/2900-4951/#google_vignette

15 minutes ago, Doodlebawp said:

Yeah, nothing is changing. Just a major console developer putting their single player games on their competitor's console with more to come. This is totally fine and completely normal.

MLB was a licenses thing OH BROTEHR!!! people are soooo not informed!!! To help you understand MLB told SONY if you dont put this game on all consoles we are going to take it away! DUH!!!!! The xbox one is pubs by a different Pubs so what you saying is foolish! ANd live services games should be on all consoles or platforms! Sony X games will never go to other consoles you understand now >>> WOW PEOPLE!!!  Saying that in 15 years this may all change and to be honest will I be gaming like I do today NAW so by then who cares lol 

3 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Looks like the people predicting Xbox’s collapse will be disappointed. This isn’t even exciting news. Nothing is changing. Xbox will continue to put games on other consoles just like Sony puts games on Xbox. Like nobody freaked out when MLB made Sony go multiplatform or the fact Bungie will continue to be multiplatform. 

MLB was a licenses thing OH BROTEHR!!! people are soooo not informed!!! To help you understand MLB told SONY if you dont put this game on all consoles we are going to take it away! DUH!!!!! The xbox one is pubs by a different Pubs so what you saying is foolish! ANd live services games should be on all consoles or platforms! Sony X games will never go to other consoles you understand now >>> WOW PEOPLE!!!  Saying that in 15 years this may all change and to be honest will I be gaming like I do today NAW so by then who cares lol 

4 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I literally said the MLB made Sony go multiplatform. Like I said, nobody freaked out when Sony put a game on day one Xbox Game Pass. 

3 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I literally said the MLB made Sony go multiplatform. Like I said, nobody freaked out when Sony put a game on day one Xbox Game Pass. 

Because it was NOT SONY CALLLLLLLL!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THis is XBOX Microsoft call iyts a little different DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

PlayStation just creates the game and publishes it I'm sure it was MLB who gives Sony the rights to use MLB who demanded it goes multiplatform I may be wrong  

42 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

What is your prediction on Disney telling MS to make Indiana Jones multiplatform after a potential sales-missing-the-mark launch?

4 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

You owe it to the people here to at least read the shit you post and make an effort to conduct a minimum amount of research before labeling someone who actually posts factual information as 'cringe'.

People are buying PS5 for brand recognition, exclusives are just extra software that happens to be available to them.

I call someone cringe when they're being cringe. I believe I acknowledged this person was smart in the past but it's so insanely off putting that they have to follow up anything smart they say with toddler level comments. It's constant. I know people on here that have zero interest in the Xbox brand also are put off by that.

3 hours ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

Alan Wake 2 sold 1.3 million according to some sources. It's an okay amount of sales considering everything that was going on with the game.

As for BG3 it's anyone's guess what the sales are. Probably in the 10+ million range. The vast majority of those being on PC since it was out much longer and is generally the best version.

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Certain companies don't provide data for the list and Larian Studios is such a company so they never show up on these lists. Remedy Entertainment I believe is another. Nintendo meanwhile only provides physical data, so if digital was counted then their games would rise up the list and you'd no doubt see more Nintendo exclusives on it.

Were you to add Baldur's Gate 3 as an exclusive as it was one for 3 months (due to Xbox incompetence) and no doubt sold enough to be on the list in the 1st month, and factor in Nintendo digital, then I'm confident that the list would certainly be more than 50% exclusives.

Ok, that makes sense!