Microsoft Games Are Going Third Party (Hi-Fi Rush/Pentiment/Sea of Thieves/Grounded release dates confirmed)

Rozalia1

10 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, which one is better, Gears of War or Halo? I have to plan my plat milestones B)

The original trilogies of both are chef's kiss, so you can't go wrong with either. The rest of their games are ok, but Halo Infinite really takes a bit of a nosedive.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I bought my Series S as a birthday gift to myself two years ago. I've turned it on all of twice and once was to watch YouTube. I have been thinking about selling it and this just seals the deal for me. I already spend too much time on all my other consoles for it to even matter if it's there or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, which one is better, Gears of War or Halo? I have to plan my plat milestones B)

Halo by far. The original Gears games are super tanky and feel clumsy to control nowadays.

I (somewhat) recently played through Halo 3 on PC and it's still an excellent game that plays like butter.

• Like 2

It appears that they've moved forward the announcement, but are still having it take a week? Silly.

Game Pass is being talked about too. There is talk of plans for ads (ad tier?) which has been talked of before, and of them undoing the disastrous Day 1 on Game Pass policy. Now not doing Day 1 on Game Pass is the correct move... but after having given it to people for years? It seems likely that it is a genie they can't put back in the bottle. For many years now all we have heard is how great Game Pass is because of Day 1 games on it.

I can believe that Microsoft fully intends to sell games multiplatform all while maintaining their Hardware and Game Pass... but it looks unlikely they can manage that. Again, some will think that Microsoft must have everything figured out if they're doing such a move. If things worked like that then Microsoft would not be in their current state in gaming. 

1 hour ago, majob said:

Apparently a bunch of the Xbox Twitter shills are being let go or jumping ship

The ones quitting are bad, but I've seen a few straight up turning on Xbox and going hard on the attack which is even worse. Such influencers are connected to others and have plenty of warriors under them, so it can really spread. This is why you don't cultivate fanatics like this. Once they feel betrayed it gets real ugly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

I doubt XBox is fully going away, but this may be the last XBox console.

This is legit one of the reasons I bought a Series X at black friday lol. Even if it's not the last Xbox console it is probably gonna be the last one with a disc drive so I wanted to grab it.

Not for any new games though mind you, I basically just want a stable way to play backlogged XB1 and the original Xbox/360 games I have that are backwards compat. I had a launch era XB1 and it's probably the worst console I've personally owned in terms of performance (even just trying to use the UI is slow and annoying.)

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I think Gears 1 is pretty incredible personally. Was directly inspired by RE4 and while it's not a survival horror game or anything it did have horror elements that the series lost after that. Not to say Gears 2 and 3 are bad (they're fine) but that original game just hits different to me.

This is hilarious! The 360 was a fantastic console, but they have been in a sharp decline ever since. The xbox one remains the only console I've ever just flat out sold because of how terrible it was.

The only exclusives I even care about at this point though are

Lost Odyssey

Sunset Overdrive

Dead Rising 3

And any Crash or Spyro games that could potentially release. Though they aren't huge money makers so I doubt we'll see anything.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

That's an insult to the dreamcast, it actually had good games

I was simply stating that I’d put my foot down on the conclusion that, as the Dreamcast was SEGA’s closing system, the Series X/S must be Xbox’s final hardware effort.

Though I’ll admit, I should’ve acknowledged the Dreamcast’s solid first-party releases earlier.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I doubt XBox is fully going away, but this may be the last XBox console.

It wouldn't surprise me. Xbox could go full-on third party for PC, Playstation, and even Nintendo. Taking Xbox games with you on Switch doesn't sound bad.

The 360 was Xbox's best. There were many exclusives that you couldn't even get on PC. It had my attention as much as PS3 did. My Xbox One X only gets used for backward compatibility.

More recent Xbox "exclusives" were often brought to PC either too quickly or even simultaneously. Halo Infinite hit PC and Xbox on 8 December 2021. Similarly, Hellblade 2 will have no separation between PC and Xbox launch either. 21 May 2024 for both. Microsoft should've been holding the PC versions back for 6 months.

• Like 3