Microsoft Games Are Going Third Party (Hi-Fi Rush/Pentiment/Sea of Thieves/Grounded release dates confirmed)

Rozalia1

As an old Xbox fan (360 era) what's the point of Xbox Series X ? They most likely will drop physical media for the digital only bs (really nice for people like me with +200 Xbox 360 games on my shelf) they stop supporting backward compatibility, closing the Xbox 360 shop making most of the non-backward games impossible to play without old console and disc (cool move after sh*** on the physical media), no more Xbox exclusives... wtf Microsoft. I never bought the gamepass so for me the Xbox is literally commiting suicide. 

I bought the Xbox Series X only because the Xbox One/ Xbox 360 backward compatibility and I thought they will support more old games and make a full 360 library possible to play on the new hardware but nope time for mid xbox exclusives and digital only console because this is what we want as Xbox fans. 

And the worst part is Hellblade 2 will come digital only because F you we need your money and we need to kill secondhand market. 

Edited by Demek97
  • Like 4

Only thing i care about is with this rumors, the chances of continue to get Tango, Arkane, ID and TES VI games on PS are higher. Anyone who looks at my trophy list will see i really enjoy games from this studios, hope they continue to make great titles in the future even if today is not looking so bright.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, majob said:

spacer.png

Potential negative to this is that now MS has fewer hurdles in acquiring more publishers if they can now claim everything will be on all platforms.

Not quite. Jim Ryan was the one who made a large chunk of exclusivity deals with studios and publishers to only exclude xbox as a platform, which elevated playstation. Though on the negative side this is what pushed Microsoft to just start outright buying said publishers like Bethesda when they learned Sony was trying to get exclusivity rights to Starfield.

He heard that Xbox has an insane showcase with tons of games, but everyone is going to be saying astericks.

this feels like peak copium

• Like 1

Good to hear if exclusive xbox games are coming to Playstation, particularly Starfield which I would like to play, as well as Elder Scrolls 6 if that ever comes out in my lifetime. Similarly, I wouldn't mind if playstation games were added to xbox. As a consumer, I don't see any benefit in having exclusive games between consoles. The more games accessible, the better for everyone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

As long as the Crash and Spyro games they continue to make continue to come out on PlayStation, the truth is I don't care about the rest. If the odd game like Hi Fi Rush comes out, I'm happy, although I don't understand the strategy very clearly, but as long as I continue to enjoy Crash and Spyro, I happy

• Like 4

Microsoft’s gaming division just passed Windows as its third largest business. The company is valued at like $3 trillion. Your prediction of Xbox’s demise seems quite off. Maybe they focus less on consoles and more on games. One thing is for sure they will continue to try and grow their gaming business. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

14 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

hp7Fp1U.gif

"Fuck around, and thou shalt find out" - God at Phil, probably.

You seem to be "Confused" about any post that doesn't directly criticize Microsoft, in both this and the other topic. Even though, in many cases, they simply state facts.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, majob said:

A large chunk of that revenue is only because they closed the acquisition on ABK. It's not because Microsoft has been crushing it in terms of sales and profit.

Well Microsoft the company has been crushing it. They made $22 billion in profit last quarter. I’m sure their gaming division will continue to post good numbers now they are getting ABK money. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, majob said:

spacer.png

Potential negative to this is that now MS has fewer hurdles in acquiring more publishers if they can now claim everything will be on all platforms.

Not quite. Jim Ryan was the one who made a large chunk of exclusivity deals with studios and publishers to only exclude xbox as a platform, which elevated playstation. Though on the negative side this is what pushed Microsoft to just start outright buying said publishers like Bethesda when they learned Sony was trying to get exclusivity rights to Starfield.

I'll be honest, I haven't been paying too much attention to the whole stuff, but I have obviously seen stuff about this come by when scrolling through the internet.

And all of this stuff makes a lot of sense to me.

When I read the thing about th $350,- consoles and no one caring, I kind of feel that.

I've been thinking a lot about getting an Xbox for certain games, but whenever I see a sale, I just don't go for it. Don't know why, there's just that I don't have that final push.

All the console war and guesswork aside, glad to be seeing all this exclusivity most likely going away, even if it is purely a business move; excited to play stuff like Hi-Fi Rush in the future. Wish the opposite was true as well (that is, other games' exclusives also leaving their platforms) but alas, will only happen if it is a profitable business move in the future for whatever reason, unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

While I understand not liking exclusivity, Xbox is a clear example of what happens when you don't have any exclusives. It is the death of that console. It destroyed their brand.

It was largely self inflicted. Putting all of their exclusives day and date on PC and Gamepass made the hardware pointless

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

While I understand not liking exclusivity, Xbox is a clear example of what happens when you don't have any exclusives. It is the death of that console. It destroyed their brand.

No, I understand. It is the inherent problem of a system where entertainment has to be, above all, a product – and I don't expect that system to change in the near future, at least where it matters, unfortunately.