Microsoft Games Are Going Third Party (Hi-Fi Rush/Pentiment/Sea of Thieves/Grounded release dates confirmed)

Rozalia1

26 minutes ago, majob said:

For anyone who wants a quick laughspacer.png

Or put your money in MSFT and enjoy a future laugh at the bank. I followed the same strategy when everyone mocked Meta's "failure" in 2022, and my investment tripled. Despite the wishes of Sony fanboys, Microsoft isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BloodyRutz said:

Or put your money in MSFT and enjoy a future laugh at the bank. I followed the same strategy when everyone mocked Meta's "failure" in 2022, and my investment tripled. Despite the wishes of Sony fanboys, Microsoft isn't going anywhere.

Who said they were going anywhere? MS is still a trillion dollar corporation.

5 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I'm not implying they're going anywhere but all the speculation is leading to stock drop, minor but still, and it's funny to me. I despise microsoft so any setbacks they suffer amuse me. Nothing to do with fanboyism on my part

I come in here an occasionally check these threads, and it's bizarre to see that people still give a shit about MS vs Sony and console wars in the current year.

Seeing stuff like claiming that MS pioneering the concept of GaaS and discrediting the use of a HDD to store savegames is laughable. The PS2's HDD was barely utilised if at all, 8it was for Linux and FF11, and that was it. It only sees use with modded PS2s which is kinda cool to see.

Games as a Service as we know it has nothing to do with MS or the Xbox. MMOs had paid expansions, but the modern concept of live services was Valve's idea with TF2, as early as April 2008.

I get this is a PS-centric forum, especially since every game that Snoy puts out is hailed as a masterpiece here (for the record the only Sony exclusives I care for are from the PS3 and early PS4 era, and Days Gone), but to say MS didn't have ANY positive contributions to the industry is blind fanboyism. Regardless, at least these games will continue to come to PC if nothing else, alongside the movie game sludge that any of Sony's first party studios throw onto PC.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Who said they were going anywhere? MS is still a trillion dollar corporation.

Well, fanboys. It's right there in my sentence. Go read the bizarre takes written online. And exactly as you're saying, it's still trillion dollar company so I don't see how a minor stock move is a laughable matter. It's irrelevant.

1 minute ago, majob said:

I'm not implying they're going anywhere but all the speculation is leading to stock drop, minor but still, and it's funny to me. I despise microsoft so any setbacks they suffer amuse me. Nothing to do with fanboyism on my part

My bad. I didn't want to imply you're the fanboy. I just read a lot of bizarre takes online.

Edited by BloodyRutz

12 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

your investment are your biz but take a look at Zuky responses to families broken by "social media" during his last meeting with Us congres ,he s a bad liar and a motherfrakin piece of shit knowing he will not move an inch about damages that is Co does to kids

Edited by samunrizthym

It looks like Microsoft might really be pulling a SEGA here and shifting to third-party publishing and development. This isn't gonna go over well with the console warriors. As for me? More people get to play the games, and that's fine by me. Same principle with PlayStation Studios titles coming to PC. Having brag-worthy exclusives on your console of choice is nice and all, but it's also nice to see the games you like get a shot at amassing a larger audience.

Also, Rare Replay on PS4 plz.

• Like 2

Recent news is that MS isn't abandoning hardware per se but they're going to be allowing third-party companies to make their own hardware with the Xbox OS on it. Basically pseudo PCs

Edited by majob

18 minutes ago, majob said:

Recent news is that MS isn't abandoning hardware per se but they're going to be allowing third-party companies to make their own hardware with the Xbox OS on it. Basically pseudo PCs

Does that mean MS won't be directly designing any new consoles, or they're going to allow 3rd party consoles in addition to their own?

29 minutes ago, majob said:

Good thing we already have evidence of how successful that idea is with the 3DO company and the 3DO platform. 🎮

11 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Does that mean MS won't be directly designing any new consoles, or they're going to allow 3rd party consoles in addition to their own?

I'm assuming it just means they're allowing other companies to make their own platforms for now since MS still plans on releasing that digital only Series X at some point. What happens after that is the question mark