Microsoft Games Are Going Third Party (Hi-Fi Rush/Pentiment/Sea of Thieves/Grounded release dates confirmed)

Rozalia1

Only 4 games, sources say one of them is Hifi Rush and the other Sea of Thieves .

Happy for Hi-Fi rush, of all the other games Sea of Thieves is something I am not interested. Hoping maybe Rare Replay might.

I still think they were planning with many more than just 4 "smaller" games (perhaps are still planning) but the backlash at this point was  just to big to actually go through with it otherwise he couldve said just that on twitter a week ago " dont worry its just 4 smaller games but none of the big ones" and everybody wouldve calmed down.

• Like 4

So a business update for this? and a entire week for a preparation?.

The important thing here is what is happening behind the scenes. The four titles will be the guinea pig for what is to follow.

Now bigger games like Starfield will be available if there is demand like Uncle Phil said.

New hardware was officially confirmed, it the redesign  adorable 🥰 digital Series X or something else?

Edited by ASMODAIOS344
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, doerbenn said:

I still think they were planning with many more than just 4 "smaller" games (perhaps are still planning) but the backlash at this point was  just to big to actually go through with it otherwise he couldve said just that on twitter a week ago " dont worry its just 4 smaller games but none of the big ones" and everybody wouldve calmed down.

They leaved the door opened, they say we will see this more in the future 

8 minutes ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

The important thing here is what is happening behind the scenes. The four titles will be the guinea pig for what is to follow.

Now bigger games like Starfield will be available if there is demand like Uncle Phil said.

Will there be demand for Starfield game looks so mid.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

Damage control. Pretty much what I expected - Phil talking about how is everything dandy, how he feels good about future, how is Xbox great place to play and then in the end I expected him to say that Hi Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves is coming to PS5 and Switch so more gamers can enjoy these great titles, but we got 4 unnamed games instead, which leaked immediately, which is the funniest thing :D
In the end I don't really care about Xbox as long as they won't buy any more major publishers, but I would like Gears of War on PS5 eventually and I would try out Halo MCC as well. Everything else I'd live without.

Edited by czDante92
  • Like 2

Pretty much what we expected I think, at least personally. The idea that they were just going to announce that like Halo is coming to Playstation was always kinda out there (though Starfield was a bit more believable just because it seems like kind of a flop compared to previous Bethesda games lol.)

Not because it'll never happen, but, simply because you start small. Cause I mean, does anyone realistically think it's only going to be 4 games and nothing else? At a minimum it feels like they basically threw AA/indie games under the bus as not really mattering. Sounds like anything they fund going forward that isn't some big AAA thing is almost guaranteed to hit PS/Switch at some point, it's just a matter of when.

• Like 1

This makes a lot of sense. Put your popular live service titles (SoT, Grounded) and your niche games (Pentiment, Hi-Fi) on other platforms and keep your "system sellers" so to speak exclusive (On PC so not really exclusive). I'm glad Sony has gone down this route for its live service titles with Helldivers 2 also, since that seems to be reviewing well on Steam at the moment. More people playing your titles is a good thing, and the concept of exclusives kinda needs to die anyway, and it slowly is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

$ games now ...More in the future Phil says in Verge interview nothing is counted out! Of course there is more then 4 ..Its PR nightmare if you just say yeah all games coming lol SO 100% xbox 3 rd party rumors 100% .. And asked about starflop and Jones Phil said we are focus on the 4 now! What it means if these 4 sale well yeah more is coming ;)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

Xbox is ridiculous 😂 Still no clear messaging, just damage control. Couldn't even say the games we all know are coming & give us a date. Padding the fuck out of the "update" with "good news" clearly more than 4 games are planned. I never expected Halo & Gears but Starfield for sure is coming eventually. Just fucking say it. Bethesda isn't happy being an exclusive dev & we know it.

100% my thoughts too

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

Xbox is ridiculous 😂 Still no clear messaging, just damage control. Couldn't even say the games we all know are coming & give us a date. Padding the fuck out of the "update" with "good news" clearly more than 4 games are planned. I never expected Halo & Gears but Starfield for sure is coming eventually. Just fucking say it. Bethesda isn't happy being an exclusive dev & we know it.

This is how I'm looking at it too.

The fact they also continue to say how much goes on gamepass and then are talking sales numbers is hilarious. Maybe don't make your games day one? It obviously is killing your company. These people don't understand math.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fenrir54565 said:

gamepass lost about 3 million the 34 million includes Xbox Game Pass Core (formerly Xbox Live Gold) gamepass was 25 million and gold was 11.7 million

okay thats really bad. I thought Gold was much lower than that since they started doing that 1:1 conversion stuff awhile ago.

Edited by boaly2008
typo
  • Like 3