Normal, Slim or (Rumored) Pro PS5?

vanessaking2

3 minutes ago, vanessaking2 said:

The announcement of Sony irritates me. I bought the normal PS5 at 850€ and until now I am satified with the purchase.

I have no intention to get a Slim or Pro one so far. And you?

Where is this announcement? PS5 Pro is still speculation as far as I can find.

• Haha 1

What announcement? The slim does everything the original PS5 does. Nothing more, nothing less. It's the standard PS5 model going forward unless the system gets another revision down the line. Slim models are common practice with Sony. It reduces manufacturing costs while at the same time allows Sony to make the system a little more efficient. There is no expectation for current PS5 owners to go and purchase a slim, because it's just a regular PS5. 

As for the PS5 Pro, it's just rumours. Until some concrete news comes out there's no point in speculating about it. There's no reason to be irritated if such a model does release. You are not obligated to buy it, nor are Sony obligated to let you know in advance that they're thinking about releasing a Pro model. It sounds like you're irritated because you've already spent good money on a PS5 and now a hypothetical superior version may be on the way and you'd rather that one. Sorry to break it to you, but just about all tech is outdated as soon as it hits the shelf. If you were to always wait for the newest, most powerful and up-to-date tech then you'd never buy anything at all, because there's always something better just around the corner. 

• Like 2

I got the Slim and am very happy with it. I was a first time buyer though… If you already own a base model of the PS5 the differences are not significant enough to justify “upgrading” to the Slim model.

If the rumours of a PS5 Pro turn out to be true though, it may be worth upgrading for people who want that extra power. Personally I won’t bother, but if you have the means I’d say the Pro model will always be the way to go.

I wouldnt stress over it bro, with its be a pro, pro+ or ps6. Dont mean to be rude but i remember in another topic you said you got your ps5 in 2023, I think jan 30th?

and since then, you only played

1. Astro Playroom

2. Word Space

3. Draco D

and maybe a couple more games, these easily be PS4 games other than Astro. You wasted your money already buying a PS5 and at that price...Ooof

For me, im definitely picking up the Pro, been playing every AAA big titles to far.

Edited by Fing3rButt3r3

4 hours ago, vanessaking2 said:

The announcement of Sony irritates me. I bought the normal PS5 at 850€ and until now I am satified with the purchase.

850€ for a PS5… this is good news you’re at least satisfied with it.

Slim is mid compared to the base ps 5, slim gets more dust inside, worse fan foxcon trash like nidec. The drive is louder too. Its not for all slims. So i would never buy a slim. The last 2 revisions r the best ps 5 Versions before the slim came out. 1100 and 1200 series.

The slim and the original models feature the same functionalities. As for Pro model, enthusiasts will probably buy them, but I won't.

The way I see it

...if you haven't got a PS5 until the Pro model launches, you should grab the Pro model. If you own a PS5 already, purchasing the Pro model is a waste of money.

I am getting a pro 100% if it's substantially stronger and doesn't cost 1k euros in my country, I'd pay up to 750 if it's what I want/need it to be.

Of course I'll sell my OG PS5 after I get it, and get half the money back that way, it's what I did with my PS4 pro as soon as I got my PS5.

9 minutes ago, Dooleh_404 said:

I am getting a pro 100% if it's substantially stronger and doesn't cost 1k euros in my country, I'd pay up to 750 if it's what I want/need it to be.

Of course I'll sell my OG PS5 after I get it, and get half the money back that way, it's what I did with my PS4 pro as soon as I got my PS5.

I heard a rumor that the PS5 Pro was set to launch in September of this year for $600. As someone who doesn't have a PS5 yet I'm personally not happy with the price increase over the base model, but then I'm a cheap whore.