Trophy Thoughts?

From the looks of it this game is as bad as it seemed like from day 1 when it was announced. Going from two of my favorite games and probably the best videogames based on a media IP ever, fantastic turn based RPGs that *perfectly* captured the show... To a 3D multiplayer brawler that looked like it could have been a remastered version of the South Park games from the PS1/N64 era... Yeah.

It's all about expectations. I am not expecting quality even remotely close to the last 2 games.

It's South Park, it's $30 and it's a quick plat... I think I'll be getting exactly what I expect out of this and I am fine with it.

Edit: My low expectations were just short of being low enough tbh lmao

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

Van helsing is the worst trophy in the entire list.

Luckily you can do the tutorial and get 1 kill per if the ai partners don't kill it...

I seriously can't stand co-op games with rewards for final hits. Reason this trophy is so bad is the rng to actually spawn the enemies then you have to make sure no one else kills them. Sucks you can't turn off the ai partners.

So guys, i wanted to buy this game, then i read a lot of really bad reviews. What is everbody`s opinion about this game? Is it fun or really that bad?

I`m a huge fan of the series since the very beginning and i also LOVE Stick of Truth and Fractured a LOT.

Also i would like to know, can ALL trophies be obtained in coop? I wanted to play this one with a friend but now we are unsure about buying or avoiding it. Thx in advance 🙂

4 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

So guys, i wanted to buy this game, then i read a lot of really bad reviews. What is everbody`s opinion about this game? Is it fun or really that bad?

I`m a huge fan of the series since the very beginning and i also LOVE Stick of Truth and Fractured a LOT.

Also i would like to know, can ALL trophies be obtained in coop? I wanted to play this one with a friend but now we are unsure about buying or avoiding it. Thx in advance 🙂

I'm just about to start it, will return with an honest review. I don't mind playing low budget and critized games sometimes, I find them enjoyable. Let's see!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I'm just about to start it, will return with an honest review. I don't mind playing low budget and critized games sometimes, I find them enjoyable. Let's see!

yeah i usually don`t give a dime about reviews on youtube and so on, but the bad ones are overwhelming. That`s pretty sad because i really looked forward to play another SP game. Let me know what you think 🙂 

I enjoyed the game for what it was. I wouldn’t say it matches the older South Park titles but the humour is still there. My first play though was really enjoyable but I didn’t find the replay ability of this game. I did find it pretty boring going back in as it is just 5 levels with multiple stages. The only reason I did go through the levels again was the trophies. I liked the combat of this title, it reminded me of castle crashers for some reason. Hopefully with the DLCs I’ll go back into this game

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

All trophies can be obtained in coop, in fact that's even easier in coop.

I really enjoyed my time on this game. Not much replayability for now but I doesn't bother that much, I enjoyed my time on the game, lot of game to do anyway so it's good to have shorter games sometimes. Maybe more replayability will comes with the added content/dlc.

Also, I think it's important to like South Park to enjoy the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Medoragent said:

All trophies can be obtained in coop, in fact that's even easier in coop.

I really enjoyed my time on this game. Not much replayability for now but I doesn't bother that much, I enjoyed my time on the game, lot of game to do anyway so it's good to have shorter games sometimes. Maybe more replayability will comes with the added content/dlc.

Also, I think it's important to like South Park to enjoy the game.

thank you for the information about coop progression! i think i will just give it a go 🙂 

6 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

It's... quite bad. The gameplay is just atrocious. Floaty, clunky controls. Feels like an absolute chore to play for me.

But with that said, as fan of the series, at it's low price point, there's value to mined out of it simply being a South Park game I guess (although even in that regard you are not getting anything remotely close to the last 2 games).

There are some interesting things being tried with the rougelike card system and while the co-op arena brawler concept is less than ideal, the South Park skin could carry it... If the actual moment to moment gameplay didn't feel so damn bad.

If I didn't just want to have another South Park plat on my profile I probably wouldn't touch it again tbh- mercifully the plat is seemingly short (but the first level+tutorial took about an hour or so and it felt like it took double that 😩).